Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

He almost makes you feel proud to be English

Some of Prince Philip's best moments:

1) After accepting a gift off a Kenyan native he replied "You are a woman aren't you?"

2) After the Dunblane massacre : "If a cricketer decided to go into a school and batter people to death with his bat, are we going to ban cricket bats?"

3) "If it has four legs and is not a chair, has wings and is not an aeroplane, or swims and is not a submarine the Cantonese will eat it"

4) Told a student from Brunai how sorry he was that the student had to fly to Glasgow.

5) On a World Wildlife Fund visit he refused to touch a Koala bear as "It will be riddled with ghastly diseases"

6) Welcomed former German chancellor Helmut Kohl as 'Reichskanzler' The title Hitler gave to himself and has never been used since.

7) Suggested locals were cannibals on a visit to Papua New Guinea by asking a British student "You managed not to get eaten then?"

8) Asked a wealthy Cayman Islander "You're all descended from pirates aren't you?"

9) Asked a Scottish driving instructor "How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough for them to pass"

10) Told a group of deaf school children at a fund raising event standing next to a Jamaican steel drum band "Deaf? No wonder you are deaf standing so close to that racket"

11) On a visit to China he described Peking as "ghastly" and said that if you stay too long there you will become " slintty eyed"

12) Told a student in Budapest that "You can't have been in Budapest that long because you haven't got a pot-belly"

13) In India visiting a site where the British army in the years of the Empire had slaughtered Indian civilians, He was shown a plaque commemorating the 2000 killed to which he quipped "No, no, we didn't slaughter that many"

14) Told a mother who had recently lost two sons in a house fire that "smoke alarms are a damn nuisance"

15) On a visit to a large factory he told a group of workers that a fuse box "looks like it has been put in by an Indian"

In 1996 he caused an outcry among gun law reformers when he said:

"There's no evidence that people who use weapons for sport are any more dangerous than people who use golf clubs or tennis rackets or cricket bats."

The Prince angered local residents in Lockerbie when on a visit to the town in 1993, he said to a man who lived in a road where 11 people had been killed by wreckage from the Pan Am jumbo jet: "People usually say that after a fire it is water damage that is the worst. We are still trying to dry

out Windsor Castle."

He said of Canada: "We don't come here for our health. We can think of other ways of enjoying Ourselves."

At the height of the recession in 1981 he said: "Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaining they are unemployed."

In 1966 he provoked outrage by saying: "British women can't cook."

Commenting on stress counselling for servicemen in a TV documentary on the 50th Anniversary of D-Day, he said: "It was part of the fortunes of war. We didn't have counsellors rushing around every

time somebody let off a gun, asking `are you all right - are you sure you don't have a ghastly problem?'. You just got on with it."

Personal remarks have annoyed singing stars. In 1969 The Duke said to Tom Jones after the Royal Variety Performance: "What do you gargle with, pebbles?".

At a private lunch given 30 years ago he said he thought Adam Faith's singing was like bath water going down a plug hole.

Prince Philip's joke to a blind girl at an award ceremony: 'A blind man walked into a pub and swung his guide dog around his head by the tail. He told the barman 'I'm just having a look around'.'

Prince Philip on his daughter, Princess Anne: 'If it doesn't fart or eat hay, she isn't interested.'

im stunned.....is this dude related to bush in any way?

lol i think its hilarious, stupid old Phillip smile.gif) Reminds me of a lot of old men

LOL, that was hillarious! I liked the joke he told to the blind girl, ROFLMAO! What an insensitive bastard! tounge.gif

"In 1996 he caused an outcry among gun law reformers when he said:

"There's no evidence that people who use weapons for SPORT are any more dangerous than people who use golf clubs or tennis rackets or cricket bats."

He does have a point.

Oh god, here come the anti's ! tounge.gif

Tyler

BTW, who's Prince Phillip? Is he the Queen's husband?

Yeah, he is. In my mind, hes the typical upper class english old man. I want one on my mantelpiece smile.gif

The fact that Prince Philip is Greek and the Queen is "German" does indeed make me feel proud to be English smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ Jan. 22 2002,02:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, he is. In my mind, hes the typical upper class english old man. I want one on my mantelpiece smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah. Sonds like the typical upper class English "Gentleman"

In his words: "I am a rich Englishman and everything outside of my palace is strage and unusual and completely inferior!"

Its funny that people actually think like that. I've never been big on "Royalty"

Tyler tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Jan. 22 2002,02:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, he is. In my mind, hes the typical upper class english old man. I want one on my mantelpiece smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah. Sonds like the typical upper class English "Gentleman"

In his words: "I am a rich Englishman and everything outside of my palace is strage and unusual and completely inferior!"

Its funny that people actually think like that. I've never been big on "Royalty"

Tyler  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

He's Greek, not English!! tounge.gif

No he's right, there is a difference between the stereotype "english Gentleman" and an "Englishman"

A greek can be like an "English gentleman" tounge.gif

as long as someone like that is running around... youve got nothing on bush

"If it has four legs and is not a chair, has wings and is not an aeroplane, or swims and is not a submarine the Cantonese will eat it"

this however is true ive personally seen them shoot seagulls at the ddocs in corpus and eat them.. and dog falls far below seagull in the NASTY catagory... they also will eat bay mullet UUGH!

LOL

Makes me proud to feel english anyways lmao biggrin.gif

I know a lot of older guys like that, funny as hell.

It's just not cricket.

I reckon he only does it to casue trouble. What guy..Makes me pround to be British that does.

I think the perfect british gentleman is

*drumroll*

Trevor McDonnald.

im Welsh and pround of it.Im fed up with the rest of the world taking wales to be a part of england!!Which is so much BULLSHIT!

IMHO I think Scotland and Wales are in a better shape than England patriotism and community wise. If you fly an English flag here they will think yer part of the national front.

I dunno why they call it England when refering to the UK, I actually prefer the term Great Britain. If you want Wales to be recognised I dont blame you, but really theres no difference between and english,scot and a welshman (apart from you guys talk funny and the scots wear skrits tounge.gif) , we all live on the same island. I see myself as British rather than English..

Yeah I always say im from the UK rather than england, I dont know why though it is just better

I always say the opposite, I greatly dislike being called British, I was born in the country called England thus I am English.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 23 2002,19:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I always say the opposite, I greatly dislike being called British, I was born in the country called England thus I am English.<span id='postcolor'>

Look at your post number confused.gif It is getting dangerously close to...u know what confused.gif

why was the english flag (the one in placebos sig) banned on St Georges day? but ever other country in the world are allowed to show their flag with pride

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

hey placebo and Ex-RONIN, where do you get those flags from that are on your sigs, I like em alot biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmike @ Jan. 23 2002,20:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hey placebo and Ex-RONIN, where do you get those flags from that are on your sigs, I like em alot biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you need to ask uber verwalter, he found them smile.gif