Sign in to follow this  
-kelet0r

Brand Spanking New Interview!!!!

Yep, that is the reason for character switching, starting way back with Rainbow6, to fix braindead AI and bad mission design.  You spent most of your time moving your guys out of harms way so you can use them as  extra lives.

--Ben

Quote from article: " If you set up the situation well, our strong AI will take care of any actuality that can happen..."

....I think the character switching in this case has been implemented for increased playability of missions. You don't have to use it, but it could be fun and even quite useful sometimes. I expect also that BIS will us it sparingly/intelligently in the campaign so we don't all go around like we were playing Rainbow Six!  wink_o.gif

The theme is strange confused_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]In ArmA, as in Flashpoint before it, you're just a soldier. There is a war raging around you which you didn't plan to be in, but you are a professional and you can (and must) handle it. The situation is quite complicated - there are just a few US soldiers left on the island when the invasion begins so you can't simply start a full scale conflict. You help the local militia in their desperate attempts to defend their country, but they are just farmers, not professional soldiers. On the other side there is a real army with old but heavy weaponry and you have to understand that you and your team-mates are the only force that stands in their way.

There is a North vs South scenario taking place on a area that mixes MEastern and eastern european buildings and diverse vegetation and we can see Russian looking soldiers wearing old gear, the artwork doesnt seem to fit the plot too well confused_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]In ArmA, as in Flashpoint before it, you're just a soldier. There is a war raging around you which you didn't plan to be in, but you are a professional and you can (and must) handle it. The situation is quite complicated - there are just a few US soldiers left on the island when the invasion begins so you can't simply start a full scale conflict. You help the local militia in their desperate attempts to defend their country, but they are just farmers, not professional soldiers. On the other side there is a real army with old but heavy weaponry and you have to understand that you and your team-mates are the only force that stands in their way.

There is a North vs South scenario taking place on a area that mixes MEastern and eastern european buildings and diverse vegetation and we can see Russian looking soldiers wearing old gear, the artwork doesnt seem to fit the plot too well confused_o.gif .

Well spotted

Although I think those screenies are from a single mission (Since thats where the "coop thingy" will take place.

I could imagine they would create single missions with russians as well, due to the fact that they are allready in the game (from old ofp)

cant we get a ArmA shot of montignac or something so we can see the real changes biggrin_o.gif

From what was said earlier in the interview, the multiple playable roles, I hope that you will get to choose in the beginning of the mission only, and not in between.

Quote[/b] ]J.R.: I believe you will love Sahrani Island as much as we do!

Viktor: So don't hesitate to visit it soon.

Can you spell "r-e-l-e-a-s-e i-m-m-i-n-e-n-t" tounge2.gif

Well, how would you go about designing a fictitious army? If they're not based on western militaries then who else could they be based on but the eastern ones?

I say hold it till early 2007 BUT make sure you guys include this:

1. Sanctuary like Animations

2. UFO's

3. Grey Aliens

4. Zombies

5. Vampires

6. WildLife (deer's, bears, rabbits)

7. Domestic Weapons

8. Decent Female Civilians and Female Soldiers

9. Tons of Voices featurig diff accents

seriously I'm not joking

alright I'm kidding, release it now! wink_o.gif

we can see Russian looking soldiers wearing old gear

Expect that to change in the final release smile_o.gif

So far we haven't seen anything new in terms of soldiers / vehicles / weapons just the old stuff updated a bit. The Russian soldiers are identical to the OFP:E models. This strongly suggests to me that BIS are keeping the new stuff, including the new 'enemy' and resistance models a suprise.

This strongly suggests to me that BIS are keeping the new stuff, including the new 'enemy' and resistance models a suprise.

Or that they dont have them? huh.gif

well you got to remember that in armed assault we'll have the enjoyment of replaying the old CWC and Res campigns and missions included in Arma on the updated engine. So im guessing theyll be keeping the old vehicles, equipments, and soldiers (which have all been updated) so that we can play the old missions from OFP. As well as a brand spanking new bunch of stuff for the new island and plot set in the future. biggrin_o.gif

well you got to remember that in armed assault we'll have the enjoyment of replaying the old CWC and Res campigns

No, you will not  wink_o.gif

EDIT: Unless someone converts them ofcourse tounge2.gif

ah ok, my bad crazy_o.gif just that i read in several preveiws and interveiws in the past that they would all be included (apart from redhammer since codemasters made that)

So none of the original islands from OFP will be in ArmA?

Ah, I can't wait for it.

However, I'm amazed nobody caught on to:

Quote[/b] ]Format: PC-CD / PC-DVD

Release Date: 01 Jun 2006

Developer: Bohemia Interactive Studios

Publisher:

Players: Online

Unless I missed something in the thread.

So far I have seen 4 new vehicles that didnt come with OFPR. The humvee with 50 cal, the littlebird w/ rockets, the littlebird w/ benches and the Ural with no top. I guess you could also include the blackhawk with minigun but I assume that is taking the place of the blackhawk with 50 cal.

New campaign, new island, no old campaign, no old islands, but of course like any addon/mod it will be possible to convert them to ArmA (legal issues aside which can be addressed at a later date, should they become applicable).

Oh, that information is something new for me.

Too bad, as i was really looking forward on how much improved the old islands would be, like it was supposed some interviews ago.

Yup, except that lawsuit from 'Codies would put a damper on that 'Gone Gold' statement we all are waiting for. firefoxlover.gif

Wow i like the new info.

About the switch thing, didn't they mention that you can unlock it after FINISHING a mission? So that you can replay as another role, that role you can choose BEFORE replaying that mission, so i don't guess you can do it during the game.

Did it really says June 1st? sad_o.gif So close and still so far away.

And the info about the old campaign and islands is really sad, but how many new islands will there be? I thought i heard a new name in this interview.

Start downloading that trailer people, look in the progress update thread (and no i havent seen it yet cause its a whopping 78MB and i'm waiting for it to finish).

*dance you*- pistols.gifyay.gif

Ah, I can't wait for it.

However, I'm amazed nobody caught on to:

Quote[/b] ]Format: PC-CD / PC-DVD

Release Date: 01 Jun 2006

Developer: Bohemia Interactive Studios

Publisher:

Players: Online

Unless I missed something in the thread.

All sites and magazines put up guestimates when it comes to releasedates. The only real releasedate is the one handed down by BIS itself or it's publisher.

I hate the new info... that switching thing sounds like arcady crap to draw crowds to the game. Well atleast i'm relieved from the waiting as the game don't interest me anymore, i thought the anticipation would end with a purchase...

lol

some of you really need to find new hobbies. visiting this forum obsessively, and exagerrating every little mundane detail that you happen to see in these beta-screenshots is quite apalling from my view.

"i'm not gonna play this stupid game if that option i saw in that unofficially released screenshot makes it to the final game"

heh. you guys should listen to yourselves.

why don't you calm down, find new and interesting things to do with your spare time, and simply wait until the game is released. then play it, and finally, form your opinion of it.

i'm starting to realize that this is the very reason publishers like to keep game features to themselves until it's released. these "groupie" crowds are impossible to satisfy smile_o.gif

All sites and magazines put up guestimates when it comes to releasedates. The only real releasedate is the one handed down by BIS itself or it's publisher.

Yeh, I know that. I'm just surprised nobody picked that up and started yelling "OMG CONFIRMED RELEASE DATE!!!111!!!!!111!!!!11!!!2!!!9" like they have with every other article that gives some sort of date.  rofl.gif

lol no way, besides ofp, hunting for easter eggs is my favourite hobby. besides all i said was this switchmove needs an explanation.

to be honest i got one right away and i dont like the way the game pauses whilst you switch move..

video of switchmove armed assault

i respect all views,even ones i dont agree with