Sign in to follow this  
kingneb

Laser Designator Dot

What command or variable is used to get the position of the laser designator dot?

I think that there's no name, command or variable for it. It just shows as a enemy target on 'radar' that AI controlled A10 will attack with lgbs, ah64 with hellfires etc. I guess the target is also visible to other players in multiplayer.

Your right on that the Laserguider just makes a target and when you move the weapon around the target will move.

I tested it out whit some guys of my clan. we had some1 whit a laserguider on the ground painting a target 1 in a a10 and 1 in a ah-64 when the person whit the laserguider fired it the ppl in the chopper and plane got a target showing up whit someting called laserguidedtarget or someting like that.

The Unknown

Doesn't I press Shift, Tab or somethin to display the target (as it would by rightclicking when in the radars range)?

try the target list its self i believe the key was 2 and search it there i am sure it works like this.

The Unknown

Hi,

Here is a basic example mission I knocked up, that allows you to grab the position of a West Laser Designator target. If thats what your after?

Just use the radio to display the XYZ position.

LaserTarget.Intro.zip

Hi,

Here is a basic example mission I knocked up, that allows you to grab the position of a West Laser Designator target. If thats what your after?

LaserTarget.Intro.zip

The mission doesn't work. It has to be a folder called Mission.intro, not a file. There is no software for reading intro-files, afaik tounge2.gif

Err...It's a zip file. As the name says, LaserTarget.Intro.zip. You unzip it  wink_o.gif

I checked out UNN's scripted mission. I thought it worked fine. Ofcourse there is a flaw in the whole action.

Unn all it has in your mission is 2 triggers and the laser black op.

So I thought, hmm there is not chopper or anything to test it out to blow something up. So I inserted a chopper (ah-64) and made it fly at it's present location of creation.

Then as I previewed the mission, the chopper does fire at the spot where you aim the target also yes it only does fire the 8 hellfire missles. But here is the flaw.

You have to point the laser atleast a certain amount of meters infront of the chopper. or else it wont fire it's missles. Well the good news it there is a way around this.

Just give the AH-64 a waypoint order of seek and destroy with open fire and engage at will and combat mode and skill level high. Then you can get the chopper to fire anywhere you point that laser, doesn't matter where.

Hope this helps anyone.

• Like 1

Wow that's old topic but i'll try.....

Guys (anyone left?:D) do you know any script  command to get laser disintegrator dot coordinates? Is there such command? I couldn't find it but this UNN did that-see below:

LaserTarget.Intro.zip

How could i recreate this effect? Links are dead of course...

Wow that's old topic but i'll try.....

Guys (anyone left? :D) do you know any script  command to get laser disintegrator dot coordinates? Is there such command? I couldn't find it but this UNN did that-see below:

How could i recreate this effect? Links are dead of course...

Here you go:

https://www.mediafire.com/?0tx1cqo1yn7x71v

You might also look at this one too.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/79t6gu2c2u5kjuk/post-16-30994-artytutorials.zip

• Like 1

Wow! I just don't believe i receaved answer, Thanks  ;p

Do You know if there is any way to use this coordinates with camcreate or setpos? because simple define: object SetPos [GetPos _Target Select 0,GetPos _Target Select 1,0] doesn't work since _Target is ObjNull. Am i right?

btw: Maybe late but I'm discovering beautyful world of OFP scripts, and this will help, thanks :)

and here is script code if you haven't seen it: (I hope I'm allowed to publish it?;p)

;***********************
;This Script By UNN V1.0
;***********************

_List=_This Select 0

_Target=ObjNull

{If ((TypeOf _x)=="LaserTargetW") Then {_Target=_x}} ForEach _List

If !(IsNull _Target) Then {Hint Format ["Target Pos %1",GetPos _Target]} Else {Hint "No Target Found"}

Wow! I just don't believe i receaved answer, Thanks  ;p

Do You know if there is any way to use this coordinates with camcreate or setpos? because simple define: object SetPos [GetPos _Target Select 0,GetPos _Target Select 1,0] doesn't work since _Target is ObjNull. Am i right?

btw: Maybe late but I'm discovering beautyful world of OFP scripts, and this will help, thanks :)

an here is script code:

;***********************
;This Script By UNN V1.0
;***********************

_List=_This Select 0

_Target=ObjNull

If !(IsNull _Target) Then {Hint Format ["Target Pos %1",GetPos _Target]} Else {Hint "No Target Found"}

I haven't played with this but if you look at the misson demo there is probably a trigger named "Target" that supplies info to the variable "_Target"

Anything with "_" is a variable that needs to be fed info from select 0, 1, 2, 3 etc.

You do this by running a script like this:

[this] exec "laser.sqs";  ....send this (being unit executing the script) to select 0

[aaa, bbb, ccc] etc. {this is called an array}

The use of a trigger to supply info will send an array of all units within the trigger zone to "_list=_target select 0" {which you see at the start of the script}

Yes i know about arrays

I have two triggers on map
one is cyclic detection trigger called: LaserList

second call radio to exec script and recave hind "dot coordinates"

1. Exec "Script.sqs"

list lasername calls up the array of units that currently satisfy a trigger's conditions
and sent to script via _List=_This Select 0 command, now trigger is called _list

_Target=ObjNull on the other hand is another local variable of non existing object

this line (i think) order _target to became lalser coordinates (_Target=_x) for every place inside detection trigger (laserlist).

EDIT-ok everyting is working!, nice! (I will leave above part for others)

I add
mortar SetPos [GetPos _Target Select 0,GetPos _Target Select 1,0]
btw: mortar is empty jeep name ;p and it is teleported as intended.

I have weird bug with scripts. I don't know whats going on most of them doesn't work at first and then suddenly everything is okay..hm maybe cuz im noob yet. NVM thx for help again Zulu1I wonder where did you get this misson form ;p hehe.

Zulu1I wonder where did you get this misson form ;p hehe.

I guess I got it from the original post back in 2006.

I think that there's no name, command or variable for it. It just shows as a enemy target on 'radar' that AI controlled A10 will attack with lgbs, ah64 with hellfires etc. I guess the target is also visible to other players in multiplayer.

It's not true, UNN script generate real coordinates, and i'm able to use it like real position array.

So many cool scripts on this forum ;p Playing with it is nice exercise ;p