Sign in to follow this  
maxqubit

Controller support?

Plz guys don't kill me for asking this hehehe;) but ...

Will there be some kind of support for controller in ArmA a la OFP:E?

I actually like playing OFPE with the controller (BIS did a good job with this) and a wired 360 controller which resembles the xbox s controller can be used on a pc.

well the Xbox controller works in pcs anyway so just bind the keys you want

they might have controller support for vehicles but i doubt it - it would limit the control options you can have too much

Yeah

as $kelet0r said, I think there will be to many control options for you to use just a controler.

Just use the keyboard m8 you'll get used to it in no time.

p.s

Skel your text link isnt working on your sig nener.gif

Unless you really hardcor'd with the mercenary difficulty level I think playing ArmA with a XBOX controller without autoaim would be frustrating to say the least. crazy_o.gif

Yes the XBox version has autoaim while the pc version will not. Trying to aim without autoaim and a mouse is nigh impossible.

--Ben

Hmmm, i am not aware of auto-aim when in ironsights mode (e.g. with a sniperrifle). Perhaps the hitbox in OFPE is bigger than on PC. I don't know.

A possible 360 version (not being dumbed-down) will have to tackle this anyway.

Btw a pc connected to a big HDTV or projector is not an unthinkable setup these days, in this setup a controller is perhaps more suitable than a m+kb ... at that moment you can take note of 360 with its wifi controller ... really realxed stuff.