Sign in to follow this  
thrush213

how will this be?

No because in an aircraft you are sitting happily, pushing buttons suffering a force of several G when you take a turn, observing your instruments. You can reflect that a lot more accurately then being onfoot. The only thing games can do is to condition you to see people die, so you won't hesitate in real combat.

there's a game that actually turns you into a killer rofl.gif

dude are you familiar with the phrase faux pas? - stop digging is my advice

Quote[/b] ]The only thing games can do is to condition you to see people die, so you won't hesitate in real combat.
huh.gif

There's is just no point arguing with that - i'll just point it out in all its glory/stupidity

No because in an aircraft you are sitting happily, pushing buttons suffering a force of several G when you take a turn, observing your instruments. You can reflect that a lot more accurately then being onfoot. The only thing games can do is to condition you to see people die, so you won't hesitate in real combat.

Communicating and navigation, even teamwork (although better in RL) can be practised in a game smile_o.gif

and practising procedures that's about the only thing simulators are used for in real aviation training...

Yea they prolly use VBS1 for that and about fps games not being simulators, the human factor is just too big for that lets settle it there.

Anyway get back on topic, stop discussing nonsense with me.

The only thing games can do is to condition you to see people die, so you won't hesitate in real combat.

Who are you supposed to be; Lt. Col. Dave Grossman?  icon_rolleyes.gif   whistle.gif

Enough of your Killology nonsense, if you think this applies to OFP, soon you'll be condemning chess for "teaching children to kill"... honestly, how different are the two?  whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yea they prolly use VBS1 for that and about fps games not being simulators, the human factor is just too big for that lets settle it there.

That's bs, computer games don't turn people into cold blooded killers. I've probably 'killed' a million 'people' in-game and I'd still hesitate to kill a non-threatening enemy soldier in real life. It's not the same thing, not even close.

And following your logic there can't be such thing as a simulator. Does a pilot fear for his life on a simulator? Do the g-forces make him exhausted? Does he care when his wingmen are blown to bits?

Quote[/b] ]Yea they prolly use VBS1 for that and about fps games not being simulators, the human factor is just too big for that lets settle it there.

That's bs, computer games don't turn people into cold blooded killers. I've probably 'killed' a million 'people' in-game and I'd still hesitate to kill a non-threatening enemy soldier in real life. It's not the same thing, not even close.

And following your logic there can't be such thing as a simulator. Does a pilot fear for his life on a simulator? Do the g-forces make him exhausted? Does he care when his wingmen are blown to bits?

What kinda pilot-simulater are we talking about... Several Gs?

yeah, what i mean is will it be good enough that people wouldn't even care to load up the old ofp1. personally, yes since i stopped playing ofp1 awhile ago.

"simulators cant simulate real environment" crap is a complete nonsense, does anybody wonder why soldiers, pilot and even sports players are watching old footages over and over? simulator is a step beyond it.

Ok stop acting like i said "games turn you into ruthless killers", no they don't, i know that. Cut that out already, if its such a sensitive nerve i struck then i apologise.

You can simulate aircraft and other vehicles accurately, but i'm talking about people. You can simulate the flight model of an aircraft, but each soldier in the field will behave differently.

In an aircraft sim you are sitting there in a recreation of your future cockpit, like you where sitting there in the real thing. But in a "combat" sim you are sitting on a chair while in the field you'll be running around, bigger difference, too big inorder to be called a simulation in my opinion. Ok enough of this, lets all agree to disagree.

Ok stop acting like i said "games turn you into ruthless killers", no they don't, i know that. Cut that out already, if its such a sensitive nerve i struck then i apologise.

You can simulate aircraft and other vehicles accurately, but i'm talking about people. You can simulate the flight model of an aircraft, but each soldier in the field will behave differently.

In an aircraft sim you are sitting there in a recreation of your future cockpit, like you where sitting there in the real thing. But in a "combat" sim you are sitting on a chair while in the field you'll be running around, bigger difference, too big inorder to be called a simulation in my opinion. Ok enough of this, lets all agree to disagree.

pal simulators are designed to show/simulate what will happen in case what you do, not to make you feel like how it feels.. so infantry, submarine, aircraft all the same, and simulators are very important instruments for training of personnel

ArmA will probably substitute OFP, but I will keep my cds intact and in a safe place, maybe try it out once in a while.