Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 SEP 3.0

Argh, some people are complete retards. banghead.gif

Awesome tank King Homer and co. Marvelous work. smile_o.gif

Now i´m starting to understand how hard is the life of an addon maker, dealing with dumb questions... banghead.gif

BTW, Thanks for the update. Good job! thumbs-up.gif

Nobody should be allowed to protect his addons. Most of us, even King Homer, have learned how to create addons by looking at other peoples work.

NICE, NICE ,and neigh thrice NICE!! They also seem to have a grudge agains't conversion mod maker's implementing this addon into their mod's! Now don't forget if it wasn't for convesion mod's the game wouldn't be alive today!

I'll think you'll find that its the addon makers who keep the game alive, not those who soley write a conversion config and use other peoples work...

oh, am i making you sick again?

Please please stop kissin inq and homers butt in the "M1A1" topic crazy_o.gif It's making me feel sick

send me crap like that again, and i'll have stronger words and actions to reply with.

Sorry, but this must be said....

It is AMAZING how many "stupid" people are on this earth. crazy_o.gif

And about changing the addon, how about ASKING Homer & Co. if you can include it in your "total conversion" or whatever crap you want to do with it.

Those people are working their asses off to make such high quality addons while OFP is getting older and older and instead of constructive critism(which has made here from some ppl) I must read tons of bullshit here.

MfG Lee mad_o.gif

Now don't forget if it wasn't for convesion mod's the game wouldn't be alive today!

Yeh right. icon_rolleyes.gif

How hard is it to spend 5 minutes to read the read-me? huh.gif

Really nice work. Finally got round to testing it and I love it, it wont be leaving my addons folder for a long time. thumbs-up.gif

Lee_H._Oswald, you put that in much better words than I considered posting.

Great work!

Also, I cannot believe that people can be that dense. I hope that they are very young and are still able to change before adult-hood or God help them.

--Ben

Pappy... are you still confused about why addons have LODs? If this tank lags, then go slide your settings down in 'Flashpoint Preferences' in your start menu - it will then display a lower LOD as the first LOD and hence less pollies, less 'lag' (frame rate drop to be precise, not lag) and more playability.

surely by looking at the pictures of the LOD's posted in the discussion forum on this addon, you can see that even in the 3rd LOD you would barely notice the differences.

If you insist on cranking up your flashpoint setting higher than the benchmark tells you, then live with the consequences.

i dont crank my settings. i have all my settings low. i use exactly what the benchmark configurs my OFP to be at.

edit: i checked my benchmark "autodetect" settings and what i have them at and i applogise. autodetect tells me to set my texture settings at 4096x4096 and i prefer them at 512x512 for better performance. so i have my settings LOWER then what the autodetect tells me i can handle

and i havnt thouroly tested this, but everyone ive talked to has and its unplayable with less then 2 gigs of ram according to the majority. and this is a majority rules game.

i am merely submiting a complaint on behalf of total conversion mods and thier users that can no longer play with the new version of the tank, that will soon be needed for every mission from here to kalamazoo. i dont blame king homer for a high detail model, he did a great job yes, but the model is mostly fischkopps if i read right... and with all due respect he doesnt make addons for the "Common man" he makes addons for the super computers of the gaming world (IE his h53 pack). he has no concept of "people have computers with 512 ram and 1 to 2 ghz processors.

and your right i can slide the LOD counter over. but then the models that look GREAT right now. like HYK infantry for instance. suddenly look like block figures with blurs for cloths. i dont want to screw up ALL my addons because of 1 tank that had to push the envolope. thats like saying "well if you dont like the addon then shut off your game. i think the tank looks nice, however i think that they went overboard with 900 faces per nut and 200 more for each bolt.

the problem i face isnt with ME its with MY USERS. see thats the problem with being a modder. see your not making something for yourself, your making something for them. now granted half the time i do what i want rather then whats requested. but only on unit selection.. but when it comes down to using the latest version of this tank, that at this point everyone has, and have about 2000 people send me PMs spam my topic and fill up my inbox going "i cant play any tank battles! im only getting 3fps when i use the abrams" its not a happy time. on the other hand if i suggest that they keep the old one now ill get 800 emails pm's ect ect saying "i need the new version! i cant use the new version because it doesnt work with your mod!

at this point im waiting to find out what thunderbird does because he's more able to find solutions to issues like this then i am. he has the time to do this i dont. so hopefuly he will be able to find a solution for both of us. but until then i applied the voice for my users begging me on thier hands and knees not to use this in my final patch. now we've disagreed before on what to use where but ive never had them this serious about something which tells me this must be one majorly serious problem that requires some changes somewhere.

cameron: no offense to you ol buddy but according to your signature you have 2 gigs of ram. thats like trying to sympathize with someone who has a mazda when you drive a lambergini.

Well done addon...nice job on it. thumbs-up.gif

You guys are killing this thread btw (on both sides of the argument) icon_rolleyes.gif

Great work guys! you made even different ammo! that's more then i expected!

P.S. still continueing no discussion involvment on this topic... it gets harder and harder to done... icon_rolleyes.gif

My comp is ancient and I really dont have much of a problem with running OFP with 2-4 of these on a map. Well at least no more problem than I using any other modern addons.

And Im not kidding about ancient, I bought it in 1999: 950Mhz processor with 384GB of ram and 64MB Geforce 4MX.

If Im not having major problems with it I dont see how others can, I doubt many of you can possibly have a crappier computer than me.

@Actionman, please dont post anymore, your posts hurt my brain.

This addon is King Homer's, he can make it how he likes, he can release it how he likes, if he wants to password protect the archive then that's his choice, if you don't like that then vote with your bandwidth, don't use it.

Please stop these petty and distracting debates, discuss the addon, not how he choose to distribute it, send him a PM/Email if you must share your thoughts on that.

A word by me.

The main model is made by me. The M1A2 SEP is a develoment of my M1A1 HA/ HC version. It is high poly one cos it was made for Armed Assault and not for OFP.

Maybe that could for some people an explanation smile_o.gif

A word by me.

The main model is made by me. The M1A2 SEP is a develoment of my M1A1 HA/ HC version. It is high poly one cos it was made for Armed Assault and not for OFP.

Maybe that could for some people an explanation  smile_o.gif

well that makes perfect sense to me and therefore i retract any previous statments that seemed rather 'mean' to you about the model being insanly high poly for OFP. thank you for clearing that up.

well that makes perfect sense to me and therefore i retract any previous statments that seemed rather 'mean' to you about the model being insanly high poly for OFP. thank you for clearing that up.

This was known before. If you would have read cleary you would have noticed that I mentioned that before. mad_o.gif

And Pappy, I do not see a reason why you are so angry about that. No one said you must use this addon in your conversion mod. It's not meant to be put in a pack with other addons and reconfiged to a standard tank. The scripts and features is it what makes this tank extraordinary I think. This addon was planned as ArmA addon from the beginning, but it was ready before ArmA was released. So why keep it secretly on or HDD's instead of presenting it to the community. You don't need to download it, no one tells you too. So please keep your anger for yourself.

I don't want to argue another 3 pages about password protection or other stupid things. I'd would like to see constructive critism to improve the addon as much as possible.

I like the way some poeple cant have there say cus power hungry moderators delete peoples views on this .. . mad_o.gif

some people have had to download completely different zip programs to unzip this addon cus you grown up men wont tell anyone the password!

PASSWORD

==========

"I want to be post restricted for ignoring a moderator's instructions" without ""

suck it and see!

i know this will be deleted so bollocks lets let as many people that can see this before it goes see the damn ' super secret password' rofl

Tried this out against RHS T80's and for some odd reason T64's. Againts the T80's they took losses as well, T64's well it was a slaughter although all the loaders had died of a heart attack. Got even more entertaining when i threw in a Hind pistols.gif

Main thing I noticed was that the tanks could see further than the view distance. Got blown up on the opposit side of Desert Island. Not sure how important that is.

The password is there so you have to read the readme and therefore shouldn't complain or post about things that are answered in it, congrats NUMBER 1 muppet thanks to you there are going to be various people as retarded as you posting questions that don't need to be posted, you are such a revoultionary. icon_rolleyes.gif

King Homer,I've played with your M1A2 and can say it's fully unplayble,although its' model and textures are perfect.I've tried it with ORCS' T90 and RHS' T80.Well,one shot and my tank was DIA.And it took me almost 3 shots to destroy yours.Well,I opened config and saw that armor values are too high.So,is your tank too superior or it's just ORCS and RHS teams made thier too weak?Could you release an official alternative config with more balanced and playble values?It'll be very helpful,cause I really don't think that T90 is much worse than Abrams in its combat possibilities.

Stop the tank comparison debates, stop the East v West debates please, such discussions are not welcomed in this thread by the makers of the addon. This thread is for discussions strictly relating to the M1A2 SEP 3.0 addon, no more, no less, please respect the addon makers by not hijacking their thread.

Please read through the rest of the thread before making comments or asking questions.

Quote[/b] ]Due Community’s request we included a M1A2 variant based on BIS values.

There is a less powerful version in the update. Use that if you dont like the original values.

Homer, personnally, I love your tank. Best armour addon for OFP Ive had the pleasure of using.

Sorry,placevo,you understood me wrong.I don't compare them in the way to find the most superior tank (although I'm russian).I've just noticed that tank with this armor values is unplayble in case of it's too big values.BIS values are too small and make Abrams too unrealistic and weak.King Homer could kindly provide us with more playble version.I think something middle and more balanced would be not bad.At least I can't use his great work in my mission in case of this.I hope you'll understand.

Okay Homer, stay calm.

Let me explain it again:

You can't balance T80, T90 and M1A2 because they are different tanks. If you would have read the thread, at least my post with the changes, you would have seen that we included older, less powerfull ammo types. Just add them via the scriptcommand mentioned in the Readme and then test it again with RHS T80's. I guess 2/3 of this thread is about the balance thematic, and we find a good solution I guess.

And please, please do not use this tank against ORCS T80 or T90! Why? Because they use an other armour and firepower system, not based on Sigma6's system. If you have a closer look at the ORCS T80/T90 config you will also see some very unrealistic ammunition values. This is another reason why you should use it versus the ORCS tanks. I'm sorry but there won't be a "balanced config".

Only to say that this is a great addiction to OFP. I admire the entire development staff for the efforts they put in creating somethig as close as possible to the real tank within the actual (and they're many) OFP engine limitations.

I'm not usual to comment such kind of releases, because i'm not usual to download an addon just to play around with it for 5 minutes and then forget it in a hidden addon folder. But i fell in love with this jewel the moment i've seen it.

I must say that this stuff is amazing.

It's a pity to see this thread ruined by all this flaming useless posts. I really understand all the addon makers who left OFP to something else.

Please show 'em respect for their hard work and the (i'm sure) huge amount of time they spent on it.

Inquisitor, Fischkopp, T_D and King Homer: my respect and admiration are yours.

Klavan

QUIT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE STRENGTH OF THE M1A2. It is a very good tank. Right now we have no clue what the russian tanks will do against the American and British tanks except for the T-72, T-62, and T-55/54. Stop complaing when a SEP destroys your whole column in a minute. I am surprised it is not locked yet.

Great tank Homer. I just can't say enough about it. Is their any chance you would think about doing the M1A2 in the Tri-color camo with the desert blocks on the from Hull... <-- doubtful whistle.gif Good job.