Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 SEP 3.0

Does the STAFF round work while moving? or is it best to just fire while stationary? Cant seem to hit anything while Im moving and target is stationary

Depends on the range and the speed the target has. Range smaller than 500m or greater than 2250m and the shell won't be activated (script limitation). At large ranges the target could get out of detonation and activation area, best use for the STAFF shell is firing at non-moving targets behind hills, obstacles or houses.

Hi guys, I havent been able to play with this new tank yet, because my pc has died yesterday. crazy_o.gif

Anyway about the values etc, I believe everybody has a config file in which he or she even, can change values for themselves... In case they dont like it...

I havent had the time to play, well not the chance actually, but I cannot wait to give this thing a try. Again I will most likely use it as in Iraq, for troop support knocking out strongpoints with HE rounds. I saw something in the readme real quick with mags, so It would be able to just addmagazine??? And how many rounds actually fit into the ammo storage?

thumbs-up.gif thanks

I have done further testing and you are right King Hommer, the actual RHS T-80 are more a match to the Abrams than the modded version used on FFUR, dunno why because they are supposde to be from same pack.

However I am very happy to see that we can have on the Full RSH pack a worthy opponent.

LOL The Abarms still won, but at least they lost more than 50% of their forces.

Quote[/b] ]14:56:03 Roles assigned

14:56:03 Reading mission ...

Invalid texture aspect ratio (32x512)

WATCHDOG (2880): [sat Mar 25 14:56:42 CET 2006] Server died, waiting to restart...

Thanks for another non-Linux dedicated Server compatible addon!

But hey, maybe we can make another thousand impressive screenshots of it....

MfG Lee mad_o.gif

Anyway about the values etc, I believe everybody has a config file in which he or she even, can change values for themselves... In case they dont like it...

I havent had the time to play, well not the chance actually, but I cannot wait to give this thing a try. Again I will most likely use it as in Iraq, for troop support knocking out strongpoints with HE rounds. I saw something in the readme real quick with mags, so It would be able to just addmagazine??? And how many rounds actually fit into the ammo storage?

thumbs-up.gif thanks

You're right everyone can change the config if they don't like the actual one.

But remember: Changing values in the config will make the tank incompatible for MP.

There's a loadout script for CQB, which will add 16 MPAT shells and 16 APAM shells for anti-infantry use. Besides that you can add the shells manually. The M1A2 can carry a maximum of 42 shells.

Quote[/b] ]14:56:03 Roles assigned

14:56:03 Reading mission ...

Invalid texture aspect ratio (32x512)

WATCHDOG (2880): [sat Mar 25 14:56:42 CET 2006] Server died, waiting to restart...

Thanks for another non-Linux dedicated Server compatible addon!

But hey, maybe we can make another thousand impressive screenshots of it....

MfG Lee mad_o.gif

Gonna fix that. Thanks for the headsup.

Nice release. Good to see SEP program still alive. No more bugs reported, but I noticed that smoothbore 120 mm gun looks a little... rifled one :P

Old discussion about balance comes again... I do not want to participate in changing this topic into another East-West battle smile_o.gif But few things should be noted.

M1A2 SEP is the newest tank of US tank fleet. King Homer and co. give to it the loadout that probably have not seen action yet. M829A3 is high-end round, the newest from M829 family. Not even sure this ammo is fielded... STAFF is another good example. It is sound of the future.

M1A2 SEP has the latest armour, better than DU from M1A1HA that proved well in `91.

And opponents... T-80U appeared in mid 80`s. In case of protection all it`s modifications seems to not changed - T-80UM-1 with Arena got better chances vs CE rounds, but suffer from lower heavy ERA K-5 protection vs KE.

Also, amunition problem. BM32 (used by some RHS T-80s) is mid 80`s round. BM42M (also used by some RHS tanks) appeared in time M829A1 saw action in ODS. M829A3 is a decade newer than BM42M!

In two main aspects of OFP tank simulation, armour and firepower, M1A2 SEP cannot be considered at the same level than tanks over 10 years older... if want to see any realism in OFP.

Furia, OFP is not the ideal tank vs tank simulator sad_o.gif

If you are interested in ideas to make it better, search for CAVS and JAM3 programs.

In this case, M1A2 SEP vs T-80UM face-to-face duel, I think you have not right trying to see need for more balance.

Great tank guys, color blends perfectly with those APC's from Combat! And i don't have any problems with lag because with 4 Abrams, 6 M2A3 Bradleys, 2 M113's against 12 T80/72's it still running smoothly. yay.gifyay.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

My first post about unbalancing was due I did my testung using the FFUR RHS T-80M and to my dismay I discovered that one single Abrams could wipe out a full T-80 platoon without even being scratched. LOL BMP 3 had better chances to survive rofl.gif

However as King Hommer pointed out maybe FFUR one was not the one to compare. Dunno why FFUR RHS T-80 are different than RHS T-80 Pack.

I did a new test and they are now properly balanced. The Abrams still kick ass but at least the RHS T-80 can sustain some damage to the Abrams.

Anyway I think we should need the T-90 instead the T-80

t90_7.jpg

The m1a1 and m1a2 are know for blowing a T72's turret right off the tank... If it can do that to a T72, who says it cant take a T80 out in one hit?

...offtopic

It actualy doesen`t have anything to with it

T-72's turet is 90% similar as M-84 (ex-Yugoslavian made under t72 licence) commonly used in ex-Yu war back in 90s.

Now what the real problem with blowing turets away is bad protected heavy ammunition storage which in case of near impact of whether the rpg/law or another tank at, the result is ammo explosion and instantly killing all the crew.

m1a1 is far superior then t72 but this turret flowing around is not direct result of it.

m84380io.jpg

m84unisten2lp.jpg

btw. nice work, keep it up thumbs-up.gif

T90 ( that most probably never will be released because of its oooold textures ) i have in my RHS testfolder was based on the same armour system by Sigma6 and it also gets blown to pieces by the SEP everytime.

Being wiped out with one shot everytime is...

Okay here's a fair compromise:

For the update I'll add two more APFSDS rounds, M829A1 and M829A2. I'll add two more loadoutscript so everyone can configure the tank wether with M829A1 or M829A2 for his own pleasure.

T90 ( that most probably never will be released because of its oooold textures ) i have in my RHS testfolder was based on the same armour system by Sigma6 and it also gets blown to pieces by the SEP everytime.

Being wiped out with one shot everytime is...

I don't know if it can do it to the T-90 because I have not done much research but I have been told by a buddy of mine who has fired his Abrams at a T-80... He told me that it acts the same as the T-55's and T-72's.  It blows the turrets off.

Makes quite some difference what T80 type that was quite adifference from a B to a say... UM

Quote[/b] ]My first post about unbalancing was due I did my testung using the FFUR RHS T-80M and to my dismay I discovered that one single Abrams could wipe out a full T-80 platoon without even being scratched. LOL BMP 3 had better chances to survive rofl.gif

However as King Hommer pointed out maybe FFUR one was not the one to compare. Dunno why FFUR RHS T-80 are different than RHS T-80 Pack.

I did a new test and they are now properly balanced. The Abrams still kick ass but at least the RHS T-80 can sustain some damage to the Abrams.

I think FFURs armour and damage values were kept same or similar to default BIS values to prevent missions breaking. Those missions where you have 4 Abrams at your disposal to wipe out the enemy wouldnt last for very long...

Been fiddling around with the tank some more, and I must say all the scripts are damn impressive.

love the fx when rounds hit home, especially the splash the APFSDS makes when it impacts. Lovely

A couple more oddities I've noticed on my rounds

The muzzle, the texture is of a rifled barrel, the Abrams uses a smoothbore gun (stupid tiny thing i know but still)

Turned out commander, I dont like the way the turned out commander leans forwards, makes scanning while turned out very funky.

if you want I can make some animations for you that would fix this, but it would mean moving the commander proxy (i assume its tilted forwards atm)

There is some funky lighting on the model, especially the barrel, some normal re-calculations wouldnt go amiss there.

Think thats it again, $0.02 has been deposited biggrin_o.gif

Sexiest abrams I ever seen,makes any other Abrams tank I'v seen look bad. Aside from the stated points which sound good and all I did notice some lighting issues,mostly on the turret. Sharp edges on the end of the turret,beginning and end and beginning of all those other pieces will get a much better effect.Similar to making the main piece smooth or sharp,if it was smooth it just wouldn't look right correct? Same thing,sorta...

One other appearence question I have is the smoke launchers,will the team be replacing those or will be you accepting the ones from that guy...eh...I forget his name.

Aside from that,very big congratulations,I think I actually wet myself when looking at that sexy beast and this is the first time I used "sexy" to describe a military vehicle.

Okay I added less powerfull M829A1 and M829A2 ammo types. So I ask you, should I add M829A2 as standard Abrams ammo now or stay with M829A3 (other ammo types will stay the same)?

Add the less powerfull ammo.

Makes the tank more usefull for "non-scripting-mission-maker-place-the-addon-in-the-editor-against-T80's" user.

Btw, the idea with the loadouts via exec is just fantastic!

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

I just got to know ORCS released some sort of "Fix" for the Abrams. They we're not allowed to do so, I didn't give my permission to patch any values or change the config. It has a reason why the PBO is decrypted. ORCS is breaking the copyright of this addon. I'm feeling really pissed of because they think they can do what they want. To everyone: If you get to know this link, do not spread it and do not download the thing. It's just illegal what ORCS and flashpoint.ru does.

These people give a fuck about copyrights, no wonder there is this agreement that there shall be no discussion about their releases on this board.

Anyone scared of people asking things like "wheres this addon from i seen it before in previews of someone elses packs" etc... ?

Btw im amazed that theres even so big support still after all the things that happened even from a page like ofp.info

BUT the thing that i find extremely funny is they even give a grandpa tank like the T72 extreme armor values and moan about the SEP packs values?

OH please gimme a break rofl.gif

I just got to know ORCS released some sort of "Fix" for the Abrams. They we're not allowed to do so, I didn't give my permission to patch any values or change the config. It has a reason why the PBO is decrypted. ORCS is breaking the copyright of this addon. I'm feeling really pissed of because they think they can do what they want. To everyone: If you get to know this link, do not spread it and do not download the thing. It's just illegal what ORCS and flashpoint.ru does.

Though I don't support ORCS on this one, I think it's a clear sign your tank is just way overpowered wink_o.gif .

Haven't read the previous pages, and I cannot dream the difference between the M829A1 and M829A2. However, if I get this correct, you'll be making a "BIs config", and "Sigma"(uber) config?

Wouln't there be a way that you could make a "custom" config, wich takes parameters from a file included in the mission? smile_o.gif

I think an easy solution perhaps would be to get permission from Sigma to tweak the config to his T72pack and release it as an opfor pack for the M1A2 SEP. Now all I'm suggesting is to have the values updated in the T72 pack, not a remodeling project that'll never see the the light of day.

Here is the link http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=2211

I'm a little bummed as there is nothing to have tank battles with other than RHS's T55 pack.