Sign in to follow this  
red oct

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Has any one tried it on the 360? I looks pretty good.

Yea, I've have it on the 360. Looks far better than on the pc and very smooth on high resolutions (1080i).

What sort of stuff do you do in the game? i had a look at the website, and i loved Dues Ex and this looks alot like that, just set in a fictional past rather than future?? Do you have to use Potions and magic though?

With tweaking the ini of oblivion you will get a much better looking game than on the XBOX360.

But you will need a hell of a machine to run it. wink_o.gif

With tweaking the ini of oblivion you will get a much better looking game than on the XBOX360.

But you will need a hell of a machine to run it. wink_o.gif

How can this be? Oblivion is already maxed-out on the xbox360, does the ini unlock bigger textures? How can it be a much better looking game? wink_o.gif And afaik the pc version doesn't support HDR+AA. But anyway is about gameplay in this game. However the trees look very weird in my eyes, we live in 2006 and still sprites are used in models that wiggle in the wind hehe.

Quote[/b] ]What sort of stuff do you do in the game? i had a look at the website, and i loved Dues Ex and this looks alot like that, just set in a fictional past rather than future?? Do you have to use Potions and magic though?
You need save the world of Tamriel (somewhere in that direction) from Oblivion (Tamriels' Hell) basiclly. You can use potions and magic but you won't have to as you can heal while resting or in churches by praying at an shrine. Freedom is unlimited in this game. I played it for 24 hours now :P and I noticed that I only completed 5% of the game.

Did i also mention the voice of Uriel Septim is played by Patric Stewart?yay.gif

about graphics, theres some pop-up, the water effects really aren't that impressive and some serrious lag time in certian moments namely i keep getting a loading screen, but all that really doesn't bother me as much as the fact they didn't include all content that i listed earlier or the content they didn't put into the game but will make available through download like the horse armor.

HDR and AA is supported in the pcversion, as well as something called "Bloom", not quite figured out wth that does.

Sean Bean plays Picards son lest ye forget smile_o.gif

HDR and AA is supported in the pcversion, as well as something called "Bloom", not quite figured out wth that does.

Bloom is like HDR but without the D tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

Never having played an rpg on a console: how's the controls? I just grabbed Morrowind from my shelf again a few weeks ago, and damn I love it despite the endless dialog clicking. Now I wonder about Oblivion and wether it could be the perfect excuse to finally buy a console.

Well the controls are... come-on the xbox360 controller only has a few buttons but the layout is very nice.

I hate the menus, they are made for a console but they dont work at all on a PC, too much work to see what you want to see and its all very confusing with millions of icons of wich is it impossible to see what they represent tounge2.gif

The game itself is great though smile_o.gif

The game itself is great though smile_o.gif

Yeah, that`s why i ordered it right now @Amazon.

Now i can`t wait to play it. inlove.gif

Edit:

Those that whant to play with tweaked ini files should look here.

There are also some ini files ready to download.

First clear and usable tweakguide posted online: http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?SCID=27&CIID=36222&p=1 better than trawling through various threads reading about things that may improve performance or may not.......

As for making the PC version, less console like, there are already a number of mods which start the process:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.List

http://games.moddb.com/127/mods/Oblivion/

http://www.oblivionsource.com/

Well best tweak for me was putting grass, distant off and decrease viewdistance. =) I tried the thief class yesterday was quite funny to rob the "best defence" shops armor on the table and selling them.

Well best tweak for me was putting grass, distant off and decrease viewdistance. =)

I just set the grass density alot lower, now grass doesnt kill my FPS anymore, and i can see those damn wolves again...  tounge2.gif

EDIT: Thanks for those links placebo, i couldnt find a good oblivion mod site! smile_o.gif

As for making the PC version, less console like, there are already a number of mods which start the process

I found the console UI frustrating enough to make my own UI mod, it changes the inventory, map, most menus, HUD, subtitles, etc...

Some shots here, download here if someone wants it.

Gotta get this game...

Ah, well, the new comp first of course tounge2.gif

As for making the PC version, less console like, there are already a number of mods which start the process

I found the console UI frustrating enough to make my own UI mod, it changes the inventory, map, most menus, HUD, subtitles, etc...

Pure awesomeness Kegetys, the stealth icon was getting on my nerves because I sneak alot. thumbs-up.gif

Great! biggrin_o.gif

For anyone that has played Morrowind, how are the distances ?

Despite it is stated as being bigger on the paper, does the world feel bigger or smaller than Morrowind ?

And how are the loading time between cells ?

* Spoiler alert *

Damn, any1 at the painting quest yet. I need to talk the certain members of the castle but they don't want to talk to me any suggestions? :P Can't even buy a house there.

From what i read in the official forum the load time between the cells is minimal. When you disable the "load message" it`s often not noticable.

Maybe i can say something more tomorrow, as i`m waiting for my copy of Oblivion.