Sign in to follow this  
red oct

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

I got my collectors edition the night it came out. and so far im pretty pleased w/ the game. only complaints:

1.No mounted combat.

2.No pole arms, crossbows, or throwing weapons of anykind.

whats everybody else's opinion?

Call me back when they make a falloutish version of it. yay.gif

Call me back when I can get a graphics card that's able to play this beast, unless the 9700pro does for it:p

9700pro can handle the game not at max settings but at least still in 1024x768. :P I wouldn't go higher than that. I get the normal version for the 360 tommorow.

an that would that be what exactly? (never played fallout)

Sounds promising indeed, I'll have to make some room in the camera dominated budget for this. Morrowind and Daggerfall are awesome, I guess this will be no exception from the rule biggrin_o.gif

Ever seen mad max? Just remove the cars and add guns and a little bit of sci-fi.

are you kidding??? No crossbows? but there sure are bows, right? Though i seen them in some video.

And about the crossbows and throwing weapons - isn't it just that you haven't found them, but they are there somewhere?

Ever seen mad max? Just remove the cars and add guns and a little bit of sci-fi.

Because Bethseda have the fallout license. The liscence to the best RPG ever.

I suggest you guys take a look at the troubleshooting forum before deciding to make the purchase. This game is so full of problems, its not even funny. Heck, I couldn't even get mine to install. Many people with problems............

I wrote my review here:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums....4893281

It works perfectly on my

Amd athlon 64 3200+ (@2,35ghz)

1024gb ram (ill add 512 from another pc in a few minutes)

x700 (@412/626)

No AA, almost no shadows but everything else on high and runs smooth! biggrin_o.gif

are you kidding??? No crossbows? but there sure are bows, right? Though i seen them in some video.

And about the crossbows and throwing weapons - isn't it just that you haven't found them, but they are there somewhere?

nope they are definitly not in the game. reason apparently is because they were the "least desired" items in morrowind. only reason that would be is because all the pole arms, throwing weapons and cross bows were junk that did very little damage. but they do have Bows. there is also no medium armor. its either light or heavy. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

1.No mounted combat.

Mount and blade owns that. Not even metro can touch it.

Quote[/b] ]Call me back when they make a falloutish version of it.

Ugh. No. That's one thing the fallout community DOESN'T want.

Morrowind with guns...  crazy_o.gif

Great way to rape a good franchise, turn it into a shitty post apocalyptic Deus Ex.

Quote[/b] ]an that would that be what exactly? (never played fallout)

Have you been living on the moon!? Fallout is only one of the greatest RPGs eva!

I watched the Gamespot 12 hour marathon of morrowind... well three hours of it. It does look like they basically learned from all the horrible mistakes they made with Morrowind and made a reasonably decent sequel to Daggerfall finally. They added a lot of gameplay features that generally seem to enhance upon the idea of the original. It's nothing absolutely ground breaking but if I could get it to run on a new pc as well as it did on the 360, I would buy it.

One of my biggest complaints about morrowind was the lame pausing every 10 seconds to load the next block of trees, regardless of how fast my pc was, ranging from 1.8 to 3.2 ghz, it always did that, and it just killed the game for me.

Game runs like cold molasses down a tree for me. So freaking slow despite my system.

Pentium 4 2.6Ghz

Geforce 6600GT

1GB of Ram

Things runs like crap. But, strangly, my brother has a slower CPU but the game runs perfectly.

I'm going to see wat I can do to make it faster. I put all options off at 640x480 res, and it still runs like shite.

Hmm, I'm running on a 2800+, 1.5gigs of ram and a 9800pro and everything runs great on 1024x768, medium detail.

Hmm, I'm running on a 2800+, 1.5gigs of ram and a 9800pro and everything runs great on 1024x768, medium detail.

If you have the oppurtunity, some screenshots at that setting would be greatly aprreciated. I'm expecting to run the game at that same detail... And really, I can hardly wait till friday when I get it biggrin_o.gif

Are the game getting bad press on the forums, or is it just a coincidence:

Quote[/b] ]Sorry, the Forums are temporarily closed for maintenance.

Are the game getting bad press on the forums, or is it just a coincidence:
Quote[/b] ]Sorry, the Forums are temporarily closed for maintenance.

No the forums are overloaded, it happens once every few hours for a week now wink_o.gif

1.No mounted combat.

That's a shame. Wasn't the original Daggerfall one of the first games featuring mounted combat?

I guess I'll stick to my 12 EUR Mount & Blade for the time being. Nothing is as gratifying as picking off a Dark Hunter who is trying to outmanoeuver you with your crossbow crossbow.gif

Well I've been playing the game for around 15 hours now and its amazing :P. The freedom you have to explore the world in your own pace is very nice. smile_o.gif

I recommend you all join the dark brotherhood, some the quests in there are fantastic.

Hehe, this game is weird. My computer runs it like shite, no surprize there. Whilst one of my friends that has a P4, ATi X800 XL and a gig of ram runs it even worse than I do. And another who has a slightly slower processor runs it flawlessly.... But I'm enjoying it despite the fact that I'm playing at like... 5-10 FPS tounge2.gif

You need to tweak this game carefully :P Yesterday I had a perfect 30 fps now I changed something and have ~15 fps banghead.gif . Back to the x360 then. whistle.gif