Sign in to follow this  
Snake5577

Little bird sniper

Greetings all

this is the first time Iv posted here and would like to thank you all for the cool addons Iv had the oppertunity to add to OFPR .What Id like to know is there an addon out there of a

little bird helo with a playable sniper or with a sawgunner?

I have one with the gunner with just a mp5 that shoots from the left door but what in looking for is one that sits in the rear compartment if anybody has one I would be really appresiate a link to it . and if anyone  is interrested in makeing

an addon Im sure I have some pictures around as to use as referance. thanks again for all the cool things you guys make!

C

never seen a littlebird for ofp or any other chopper with a sniping gunner position biggrin_o.gif but it would be pretty cool to see.

First off, welcome to the forums.

Second, you'll want to search and read all the old BAS addon discussion and release threads here. They go back several years and are a wealth of information about addons and the community. There's a lot of info buried in there about Littlebirds as well.

Third, if you happen to find one that's not locked, please don't reply to it. That's considered rude and annoying here.

I actually saw a test video of an MH6 with cargo that was able to fire using their primary weapons and was also capable of MP use.

wilco

you wouldent happen to have any info on it by chance?

also I been reading a lot of the old posts looking for this but to without much luck . would it be possible to perhaps change the weapon by scripting? but Id still like to go with a guy in the back. trying to make some PSD missions.

thanks again. C

As far as I know it's a dead project.

The OH-6 Cayuse in the old SEB Nam Pack had a machine gunner sitting on the side.  However it works like any other crew served weapon on helicopters and ony his gun moves.

Edit: It works the same as the MP5 gunner in the MH6 that you already have. However the gunner is sitting in the back with his legs dangling out the side instead of up front.

It's a shame that you can't have multiple cargo animations like you would when moving when by foot (crouch, lean, sprint etc), otherwise this work around would be much more effective, you could have the unit moving around with the gun which would make it look, well, less supid, and you could also remove the weapon when their is no gunner with

?(gunner helo) == null

or something similar. Hopefully in ArmA we will be able to put whatever animations we want on units, no matter what the circumtances. Although, it would be nicer to be able to shoot from cargo positions in ArmA as standard, and walk in moving vehicles too tounge2.gif.