Hi all !

Was wondering what the difference was between this line for init field

Quote[/b] ]this setCombatMode "RED"; this setBehaviour "COMBAT";

And this one

Quote[/b] ]this setCombatMode "RED"; this setBehaviour "AWARE";

Is this the most agrasive they can become ?

It seems that they still have trouble spotting someone?

not much I think. I don't really know if there is any big difference between the aware and the combat mode confused_o.gif May be that in combat mode they may tend to lie down more...

they also move slower and seem to act more stupid tounge2.gif stealth is more effective imo

I hate them all actually, they just do what you don't want them to do, and going like 50 meters take two days crazy_o.gif

Ah, not really tounge2.gif

Combat mode is basically for combat. They'll keep low and tend to crawl up to tree's or bushes for cover. They advance much slower and cautiously while in this mode.

Aware mode is pretty much for travel. They'll usually stand up unless under direct fire, and they'll advance by running and sprinting. If you crouch they'll crouch, if you go prone they'll go prone. It's kind of the monkey see monkey do mode.

Keep in mind, if your troops are in keep formation mode with you their combat efficiency is next to nothing. They'll focus entirely on maintaining formation rather than shooting back or taking cover. It's best to just select the group and tell them where to go and then follow them.

Personally I only have them keep formation when I know the area is absolutely clear.

I think units will switch to cmbat mode while under fire until the area is clear... with AI controlled groups anyway.

A few years ago I set a condition to active something, can't remember what..

? behaviour == "combat"

I belive it was, not entirely sure on the syntaxthere though. But the condition did activate when they came under fire.

Spotting enemies generally dpends on their skill level and line of sight, if there is a bush in between two units then their line of sight will be blocked.

A set of binoculars in the group will also help unts to be spotted.

Units are just as aggressive in both aware and combat behaviour modes, these modes just dictate how careful they will try to be during combat.

This is why I generally use safe mode. Units will find cover as much as they can, even while in formation, and they will only fire when they have a good shot, so there's less chance of them being spotted.

It's mostly theory though with a little bit of combat experience backing it up, but I have not run any thorough tests to properly confrim these beliefs.

Yea, I think they switch to combat mode when they take fire or spots a enemy. If they take fire they drop to the ground fast, often without you dropping yourself, which I don't think they would in aware mode.

Yes, when a group spots enemies, they will automatically go into combat mode.

The only exception is when they start out in 'stealth' or 'careless' modes (then they stay in those modes). This is verifiable via the 'combatmode' scripting command.

So when making waypoints, there is no need to have 'combat mode' waypoints, unless you absolutely know where they will be assaulting. Just keep em on 'aware', and they will switch to 'combat' when the time comes.