Sign in to follow this  
sr4470

Chechnyan conflict mod?

There are plenty of East\Russian addons (whether it be tanks, aircraft, infantry etc) but I havent seen any mod\campaign covering the chechnyan conflict back in the 90s (or for that matter, the 80s Afghan conflict). I may be mistaken - in which case do point me to the mod makers' site as I would like to contribute. smile_o.gif

I would love to see that too... there however were good campaigns about it availeable longer ago ( before resistance ) but i lost the files and never found the campaigns anymore.

Well i always wanted a mod covering this conflict so for noone of the people i know was too fond of it.

How would you contribute?

Data?

Or Modelling/Texture stuff etc?

I would love to see that too... there however were good campaigns about it availeable longer ago ( before resistance ) but i lost the files and never found the campaigns anymore.

Well i always wanted a mod covering this conflict so for noone of the people i know was too fond of it.

How would you contribute?

Data?

Or Modelling/Texture stuff etc?

Scenarios, bug-testing, maybe a lil scripting...technical data. I'm not too great at actually building maps\addons though - the scripting tutorial alone was a lot to learn.

There are plenty of East\Russian addons (whether it be tanks, aircraft, infantry etc) but I havent seen any mod\campaign covering the chechnyan conflict back in the 90s (or for that matter, the 80s Afghan conflict). I may be mistaken - in which case do point me to the mod makers' site as I would like to contribute. smile_o.gif

I'm actually working on a modification that takes place during the war between the Soviet Union and Afghanistan. I've already collected and adapted a great many vehicles and soldiers.

The only real trouble is that current maps for Operation Flashpoint of Afghanistan are very sparse; there are no genuine woods or forests on either of them. Furthermore, the differences in elevation are extreme and not gradual. This makes it quite difficult sometimes to design missions. The only cover on the maps is in their towns. It's unfortunate, but maybe Remo's forthcoming map of Afghanistan will be more suitable.

I'm actually working on a modification that takes place during the war between the Soviet Union and Afghanistan. I've already collected and adapted a great many vehicles and soldiers.

The only real trouble is that current maps for Operation Flashpoint of Afghanistan are very sparse; there are no genuine woods or forests on either of them. Furthermore, the differences in elevation are extreme and not gradual. This makes it quite difficult sometimes to design missions. The only cover on the maps is in their towns. It's unfortunate, but maybe Remo's forthcoming map of Afghanistan will be more suitable.

True, but modelling Afghanistan accurately is no easy task...

As for the conflict, well AFAIK a fair amount of it was columns of Russian vehicles driving along getting ambushed frequently and their air\artillery support being ineffectual (as you may know, they lost a significant number of aircraft in the Afghan war).

True, but modelling Afghanistan accurately is no easy task...

As for the conflict, well AFAIK a fair amount of it was columns of Russian vehicles driving along getting ambushed frequently and their air\artillery support being ineffectual (as you may know, they lost a significant number of aircraft in the Afghan war).

Yes, protecting supplies was a very important aspect to the war from the perspective of both combatants. But skirmishes were also common, and skirmishes can be very well represented in Operation Flashpoint.

Again, the trouble is that there is very little cover on either of the maps of Afghanistan, but this can be overcome by including objects that I've placed myself. However, Remo is going to release a more current version of his map soon, so it's silly to commit entirely to this.

I really have nearly all of the add-ons adapted (including with new textures) to begin in earnest. I have soldiers for the communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan allied with the Soviets. I have the Soviet soldiers themselves of course. I have the mujahideen. I have the vehicles for both the Soviet Union and D.R.A. and for the mujahideen.

My goal is to maintain complete compatibility with ECP and JAM, and, maybe more importantly, *order*. What I'm really hoping to do is create a modification that rivals what BAS created for their missions on Tonal.

My goal now is to find if it's possible to create a new expansion for DSAI to include appropriate voices for the Resistance (the mujahideen) in addition to creating new textures for an old add-on of a BTR-152 (for the D.R.A.) that was made available some time ago.

I'm at the point of progress now where I'm seeking a little help.

My goal now is to find if it's possible to create a new expansion for DSAI to include appropriate voices for the Resistance (the mujahideen) in addition to creating new textures for an old add-on of a BTR-152 (for the D.R.A.) that was made available some time ago.

Unfortunately my accent is western whistle.gif despite my origins...if I sounded even remotely Afghan I'd record some samples for you

Havent seen the BTR152, perhaps I can work on that...

Unfortunately my accent is western whistle.gif despite my origins...if I sounded even remotely Afghan I'd record some samples for you

Havent seen the BTR152, perhaps I can work on that...

Do you use any popular messaging-programs? MSN Messenger etc?

If someone will made campaign\mod about Checniya or Afganistan - you will need historically information of this conflicts.

You will need consultation whis russian, who have military participation at this wars.

You, possible, have invalid stereotypes about this wars. Ask about it on Russian forums. People, possible, will help you.

I do remember the mod "Caucasus Crisis" which was making very much addons, but the mod isn't existing now confused_o.gif

yeah, i would like to see mod focused on Chechnya...

A long time ago someone release an extremely good Chechnya map that went fairly unnoticed.  Im not sure how accurate it is though.  The map never got finished though and most of it is blank land.  However the part that is finished is incredible.  It seems like the creator carefully placed every single thing and it gives the island an incredible atmosphere.  Its still my favorite woodland map to play on.  Maybe someone could finish this up or at least clear out all the blank space and use it as a basis for a Chechnya mod.

Its the 8th island down in this list:Ofp.info Islands

I just realised that Ofp.info hasn't updated all their links yet, and I dont know where else to get it from.  I could send it to someone if you want.

A long time ago someone release an extremely good Chechnya map that went fairly unnoticed.  

do you mean "Ichkeria" from RusChechen?

This map - it's chechen terrorism propaganda. This guy think like chechen terrorist. He think - russian FSB guilty in house explosion in Moskou, terrorist act in Beslan school. Crazy fanatic...

A long time ago someone release an extremely good Chechnya map that went fairly unnoticed.  

This map - it's chechen terrorism propaganda. This guy think like chechen terrorist. He think - russian FSB guilty in house explosion in Moskou, terrorist act in Beslan school. Crazy fanatic...

Altough I'm not a mod I'd like to ask you to stop this kind of political stuff. This is a forum of our favourite game not one's subjective, one-sided bulletin board. Thank you!

Excuse my ignorance but how can a map be Chechen propaganda?

This thread is for discussing an addon/mod, not for political debate, that belongs elsewhere.

Do you use any popular messaging-programs? MSN Messenger etc?

Sure, msn in profile.

Thundermaker, could you email me the island? Or if its bigger than 10mb, add me to MSN (in profile) and then send me it. Thanks

A long time ago the same guy finished the map and released it, which went even by even more unnoticed.

The map is Very well made, regardless of the political stance of its maker, it definately deserves checking out.

Flashpointfiles is the only site which still maintains a mirror for it.

A long time ago the same guy finished the map and released it, which went even by even more unnoticed.

The map is Very well made, regardless of the political stance of its maker, it definately deserves checking out.

Flashpointfiles is the only site which still maintains a mirror for it.

Dead link.

I have it somewhere, just I'd have to individually check dozens of my CDs and DVDs to find it...

Quote[/b] ]Dead link.

Sorry about that, link fixed.

Its down sad_o.gif

Edit: Finally got a mirror, but its Filefront banghead.gif

Well ain't it logical that there are such texts in a map that represents Chechnya? I haven't been there and am not planning to do so for a while (unless the situation there would calm down, of course) but I see nothing wrong in this. If someone makes an arabic objects pack where there are anti-american texts etc. on the walls, ain't that just realistic?

But yeah, let's keep politics out of this forum shall we?

Well ain't it logical that there are such texts in a map that represents Chechnya? I haven't been there and am not planning to do so for a while (unless the situation there would calm down, of course) but I see nothing wrong in this. If someone makes an arabic objects pack where there are anti-american texts etc. on the walls, ain't that just realistic?

But yeah, let's keep politics out of this forum shall we?

I'm not trying to get into the politics of the situation either - simply recreating the conflict realistically, and that includes what each side did and said.

@Dinamyte_cow

Well,few words on this island.It's a real propaganda as i can see.The propaganda of nationalism.Yes, Russia have some neonazi groups (as almost every country have),but including this into the game isn't good.You could see some phrases on bus stops like "Kill judes,hail to the Russia!" or "FSB prisoner camp.Civilans are welcome from 9.00 to...".I think this kind of written phrases won't make map more realistic, and remember-I don't say any word about ethic side of this bussines. wink_o.gif

About mod...Well,you all who was asking about that have a plenty of addons.There's no need in specified map.Usr Nordic Nogova with WGL replacement and it'll make the deal.Some parts of this islan could be used as a real Chechenya.Look at campaign "We are from Aquarium (nickname of main GRU HQ building smile_o.gif ).This campign is quite old but it's style is one of the best I know in OFP.Change all the addons you need,use some FFUR replacement and you'll get modern campaign.But it's in Russian...And if you don't know it...

NSX

I know you?

Quote[/b] ]"We are from Aquarium (nickname of main GRU HQ building).

it is Artger campaign, isn't?

You know english most better than me, try to translate this campaign smile_o.gif I sure, author will like it.