Sign in to follow this  
Twinke Masta

Typhoon Class

I want to make a Typhoon with working missles, torpedoes and guns for OFP, dono if that is possible. (also submergeable if possible)

ty3hr.jpg

here is an early image start for the Sub, only 2000 tris as of now and detail not there just yet.

I want to make the sub like the real one with all the compartments accessible via 3rd person through doors. I was wondering how i should do that

What is the texture max on OFP by the way for something this large?

Of course it is possible. Here you can see a relation of all subarines made in OFP. many of them can submerge.

Also we have many ships you can walk around inside and there was a nice Tomahawk add on from Coc that included a Nuke (I know the Typhoon does not have Tomahawk wink_o.gif )

Well it is possible to do. Do it I am sure many people would love it.

I want to make the sub like the real one with all the compartments accessible via 3rd person through doors. I was wondering how i should do that

OFP was never designed for "internal" movement, and moving around such a vehicle is quite painful, especially over water. There is always a high likelyhood of falling through the floor or walls.

Remembering also you could only properly move around the sub when its NOT moving.

I wouldnt recommend trying that bit of your project, but your choice.

Otherwise the rest would be great.

Mandoble has made MISSILE SCRIPTS for both torpedos and all other types, including a type of cruise missile.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=51026

I'm also working on subs, a Los Angeles and a Akula class.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....0;st=45

You can make them submerge by animating the Land Contacts but it does produce some weird effects, cuz again, it looks like OFP was never designed of under-water operations.

Good Luck!

Make it so that your sub can bombard the area with cruise missles upon player's request. Kind of DSF did with their SCUDS.

nice sub, but if you want internals, best to either keep it within 40m X 40m size within geolods or break it up into a few 40m X 40m parts joined with script.

........and there is a way for SEEN underwater movement...but it would mean a total overhaul with the ofp game editor - meaning you will have to create a separate UNDERWATER MOD so that other vehicles will not be used in the mod.

The radical concept is to base subs, divers, and other vehicles as heli class, and all other above water vehicles limited by a height script to be disabled once it touches your own created water line height. Land can still be created by wrpedit, but the water(sky) will be created by 100mX100m flat textures place within every map square of wrpedit and height mainted at perhaps 30m above ground.

I had experimented with a simple 500m X 500m 'underwater' box with human divers and sunken ships. It works, but due to lack of time, i am unable to create a full mod out of it. If you really are interested in seeing and creating underwater ofp - all the best - you will be honoured for being the 1st to create something that even the developers had not tried nor implemented even for ofp2!

NOTHING is impossible in ofp - only the lack of imagination. wink_o.gif

Here a crazy scripting idea for working internals for the sub:

1. Have the normal crew positions i.e. driver, gunner, various cargo positions in the normal OFP setup inside the sub.

2. Make a second object representing only the internals, but in more detail, of the sub that is placed somewhere on the map where it will never be seen such as a far corner. This object will automatically be created and positioned when the sub is placed in the editor, sort of like Hawks Nimitz.

3. Use a scripting function to add an action to the action menu called "Leave Post" or something like that, that will setpos you from the normal crew positions inside the actual sub to the 2nd internals-only object.

Now I dont know exactly what this would add to playability, but I guess you could at least walk around the inside of the 'sub'.

Gnat @ Mar. 19 2006,01:55)]

OFP was never designed for "internal" movement, and moving around such a vehicle is quite painful, especially over water. There is always a high likelyhood of falling through the floor or walls.

Remembering also you could only properly move around the sub when its NOT moving.

I wouldnt recommend trying that bit of your project, but your choice.

Otherwise the rest would be great.

Mandoble has made MISSILE SCRIPTS for both torpedos and all other types, including a type of cruise missile.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=51026

I'm also working on subs, a Los Angeles and a Akula class.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....0;st=45

You can make them submerge by animating the Land Contacts but it does produce some weird effects, cuz again, it looks like OFP was never designed of under-water operations.

Good Luck!

Can I "join" your creations since I only know modelling and skinning and i can't get anything in game just yet sad_o.gif. My MSN is twinkemasta@gmail.com and my AIM is jaredderajkemp. If you are interested please contact me.

And I think i will make the sub internals level witht eh water when surfaced and once it submerges the crew have to be in their compartments. biggrin_o.gif Kinda like the Kilo class made a while back.

By the way what is the best texture size (max) for something this size? i was thinking 4096x4096 ?

Also can I put the sub on multiple texture files or does OFP only accept one texture per model? thanks

ty7ov.th.jpg

juice7ta.th.jpg

I put the texture on a:

2048x1024 BODY MAP

2048x1024 TOP MAP

512x512 RUDDER MAP

and coming:

1024x1024 internal map?

does that work?

OMG

huh.gif

wow_o.gif

inlove.gif

That look superb, shame that if you do manage to make it submersible, we'll only be able to see the top half of the structure anyway lol :P

Oh and "guns"? Subs haven't been armed with guns for at least 4 generations lol wink_o.gif

OMG

huh.gif

wow_o.gif

inlove.gif

That look superb, shame that if you do manage to make it submersible, we'll only be able to see the top half of the structure anyway lol :P

Oh and "guns"? Subs haven't been armed with guns for at least 4 generations lol wink_o.gif

Well I was thinking of just having 6 Shkval torepedoes along side twenty RSM-52 missiles whistle.gif

Well I was thinking of just having 6 Shkval torepedoes along side twenty RSM-52 missiles whistle.gif

with nuclear warheads i hope, so that we can make those nice "destroy the sub before it leaves the dock" missions :P

hmm...

was there any soviet diesel-electric subs made?

with nuclear warheads i hope, so that we can make those nice "destroy the sub before it leaves the dock" missions :P

hmm...

In OFP or IRL?

hmm...

Of course! One of the best, quietest diesel electrics ever made is the Russian Kilo class sub wink_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

kilo-DNSC9600529_JPG.jpg

hmm...

Of course! One of the best, quietest diesel electrics ever made is the Russian Kilo class sub wink_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

kilo-DNSC9600529_JPG.jpg

yeah, they are quite nice and extremely stealthy because of the engine and size. The PLAN just bought a few of these

Can I "join" your creations since I only know modelling and skinning and i can't get anything in game just yet  sad_o.gif. My MSN is twinkemasta@gmail.com and my AIM is jaredderajkemp. If you are interested please contact me.

And I think i will make the sub internals level witht eh water when surfaced and once it submerges the crew have to be in their compartments.  biggrin_o.gif Kinda like the Kilo class made a while back.

By the way what is the best texture size (max) for something this size? i was thinking 4096x4096 ?

Also can I put the sub on multiple texture files or does OFP only accept one texture per model? thanks

See my note in the OFP Navy thread smile_o.gif

If you need help in getting it to work, use this thread or the other O2 or Config forum areas or me direct to ask questions.

I'll help where I can.

Anyhow, Lovely work Twinke. Really looks pretty.

I guess it'll look a little different but once its in OFP smile_o.gif

BTW, was that one of the models that you can buy off the web, or did you create the 3D from scratch?

Quote[/b] ]By the way what is the best texture size (max) for something this size?

Those ones your using should be ok

Quote[/b] ]Also can I put the sub on multiple texture files or does OFP only accept one texture per model?

Multiple is ok

WOW!!! notworthy.gif

Gratulation.......very good Job!

I wait for releas.;)

Best wishes

Imutep

Gnat @ Mar. 26 2006,16:47)]
Can I "join" your creations since I only know modelling and skinning and i can't get anything in game just yet sad_o.gif. My MSN is twinkemasta@gmail.com and my AIM is jaredderajkemp. If you are interested please contact me.

And I think i will make the sub internals level witht eh water when surfaced and once it submerges the crew have to be in their compartments. biggrin_o.gif Kinda like the Kilo class made a while back.

See my note in the OFP Navy thread smile_o.gif

If you need help in getting it to work, use this thread or the other O2 or Config forum areas or me direct to ask questions.

I'll help where I can.

Anyhow, Lovely work Twinke. Really looks pretty.

I guess it'll look a little different but once its in OFP smile_o.gif

BTW, was that one of the models that you can buy off the web, or did you create the 3D from scratch?

Quote[/b] ]By the way what is the best texture size (max) for something this size?

Those ones your using should be ok

Quote[/b] ]Also can I put the sub on multiple texture files or does OFP only accept one texture per model?

Multiple is ok

I created everything from scratch, no phototextures or anyting like that, just 3ds max and Photoshop. And do you think i can put this model on that KILO class that was released a while ago? Because I can't do anything on my computer, it has no internet, but this computer that has internet is a pentium 2 and can barely run MS word

hmm...

In OFP or IRL?

in OFP ofcourse, i know there are lots of diesel-electric ones IRL wink_o.gif

And do you think i can put this model on that KILO class that was released a while ago?

? You mean use the KILO class addon from the Everon Cartel and then just replace their model with yours, to get it working ?

Yeh, that could probably work.

Do you have all the O2 and Buldozer tools installed and working on your other computer to do this ?

Gnat @ Mar. 26 2006,17:19)]
And do you think i can put this model on that KILO class that was released a while ago?

? You mean use the KILO class addon from the Everon Cartel and then just replace their model with yours, to get it working ?

Yeh, that could probably work.

Do you have all the O2 and Buldozer tools installed and working on your other computer to do this ?

I can't get it on the other computer, that is the problem i am facing, I don't have any USB devices and I can only use floppy drives etc and it is a huge pain sad_o.gif

Sorry for the bump but does anyone have some good pictures for the inside of a typhoon sub? smile_o.gif

Hey Twinke Masta, great work so far! Looking very good! smile_o.gif

Perhaps you could contact the guys from Falkland-Mod. They have a diving-script for their "Santa Fe", would be great for your Typhoon. Together with the COC-Torpedos it would make a fantastic addon! biggrin_o.gifnotworthy.gif

Perhaps you could contact the guys from Falkland-Mod. They have a diving-script for their "Santa Fe", would be great for your Typhoon. Together with the COC-Torpedos it would make a fantastic addon! biggrin_o.gifnotworthy.gif

WEll i can leave that to the compiler, I am looking for someone who can get this in game for me, I can do all the 3d and 2d parts requied but i can't do anymore than that really, since I can't compile as aforementioned

Perhaps you could contact the guys from Falkland-Mod. They have a diving-script for their "Santa Fe", would be great for your Typhoon. Together with the COC-Torpedos it would make a fantastic addon! biggrin_o.gif  notworthy.gif

WEll i can leave that to the compiler, I am looking for someone who can get this in game for me, I can do all the 3d and 2d parts requied but i can't do anymore than that really, since I can't compile as aforementioned

OK Twinke, do 2 other lower detail LODs for the Typhoon, one @ about 2/3 as many points/faces and 1/2 size/resolution textures, then another maybe at 1/3 points/faces and 1/4 size/resolution textures ......

With those 3 plus some "inside" LODs we can do a make a start on compiling ..... smile_o.gif

Sing out when you are there.

Sorry, no inside pics of the typhoon ..... or many other subs sad_o.gif