Sign in to follow this  
imported_bör

English Translation of DOUPE 15 article

Its quite funny to read about these rumours and other stuff ppl post. >_> I highly doubt that the game has become a BF2 clone because "mainstream" is in a czech magazine.

Its quite funny to read about these rumours and other stuff ppl post. >_> I highly doubt that the game has become a BF2 clone because "mainstream" is in a czech magazine.

Lets just hope that it means "more accessible', like the difficulty options in OFP:E, and they probably mean that, BIS isnt (totally) crazy... wink_o.gif

i lol wats this all about

http://www.flashpoint2.com/

try clik that television goodnight.gif

I was wondering about that site, because now that CodeMasters have 'stolen' the Flashpoint name, that site is no longer valid, so wonder what's going to happen with it...

u thought it was strange me too tounge2.gif

and codemasters are making operation flashpoint 2

that will be a very intresting thing 2 see very ambitious.

Operation Flashpoint 2 - 1st January 2007 - PC.

Coming soon for the PC – Operation Flashpoint 2. Focusing on the US military in another important theatre of war, Operation Flashpoint 2 will continue the title’s reputation as the ultimate military gaming experience. ...

and also probly just a bf2 expreince

i lol wats this all about

http://www.flashpoint2.com/

try clik that television goodnight.gif

I was wondering about that site, because now that CodeMasters have 'stolen' the Flashpoint name, that site is no longer valid, so wonder what's going to happen with it...

But it's probably BIS that registered the domain, so codemasters won't be able to use that. Especially as they have operation flashpoint, and not flashpoint as trademark(I think).

Quote[/b] ]Jezz

Whats bothering me is the publisher situation lack of  information, screenshots/interviews that show little or no progress none of which inspire faith.

You're not talking about 'faith' you're talking about knowledge (quite a bit o' difference tounge2.gif )..  Have faith that BIS is going to do what they said, and are holding back for press releases and surprises.

ArmA info today?  yay.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I will eat my hat if we get some new info on ArmA today. help.gif

so lets count if im right thats armed assualt maybe june 06

operation flashpoint 2 from codemasters jan07

and game 2 when we have all deid band.gif

Huh? huh.gif

THIS is why "Game 2" needs a new name.

No wonder people get confused with OFP2, "Game 2",

"Game 3", Next Gen. Game and Armed Assault.

Fish Fillets 2 - by Altar Games

someone think that is funny u *******

pistols.gif

tkokid - you're well on your way to earning a post restriction for your spamming. This is a discussion about the article, not about E3, GDC, any other game or any stupid random comments (and the level of stupidity in this thread is pretty high right now).

So chillout, post about the article or don't post at all. No speculation, no rumors and no conspiracy theories.

Operation Flashpoint 2 - 1st January 2007 - PC.

Coming soon for the PC – Operation Flashpoint 2.

Doubt it...they don't even have developers yet.

That one from CodeMasters might be the Vietnam themed one that there were rumours about when ArmA was first announced...

Huh? huh.gif

Why are you so sure it's ArmA?

there is probably more chance armed assault coming out for a console then for a pc...so why u guys waste ur time waiting is beyond me..... yay.gif

there is probably more chance armed assault coming out for a console then for a pc

Why is that? Not that i would mind:)

Huh? huh.gif

Why are you so sure it's ArmA?

Because on IDEA-Games' website it clearly says ArmA.

Quote[/b] ]20.–21.03.2006

Representatives of IDEA Games are ready to meet you at the industry event Game Connection at San Jose where they will present the upcoming titles Armed Assault by Bohemia Interactive and Alpha Prime by Black Element Software. Don’t hesitate to request a meeting.

I think it's a misunderstanding.

there is probably more chance armed assault coming out for a console then for a pc

you check out the gfx between armed assault and ofp elite there isnt much difference as gfx goes, and lets face it there is probably more money to be made making it on colsoles then releasing it on pc format....

you check out the gfx between armed assault and ofp elite there isnt much difference as gfx goes, and lets face it there is probably more money to be made making it on colsoles then releasing it on pc format....

I dont think that OFP:E sold very well, at least ive never seen it in any top10 somewhere wink_o.gif

EDIT: And what do the graphics have to do with it being made for consoles? they would make it for the xbox360 anyway, wich can easely handle anything for now wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]there is probably more chance armed assault coming out for a console then for a pc...

Not that anyone would believe that anyway, but just in case, and for your information, I quote the ArmA Progress Update:

Quote[/b] ]Armed Assault

Format: PC CDROM

Genre: First person military combat simulation

Release date: H1 2006

Publisher: To be determined

Quote[/b] ]"We aim to again deliver the ultimate military simulation for PC, improving the successful gameplay formula of our debut PC game release Operation Flashpoint. It's refreshing for us to focus again on PC game development after years spent working on the Xbox platform and we work hard to make sure not to disappoint the expectations of the great community that built around Operation Flashpoint with this new game." explains Marek Spanel, director and co-founder of Bohemia Interactive.

there is probably more chance armed assault coming out for a console then for a pc...

yes and than we can wait more 5 years for a really OFP2/armA or Game 2 on pc... goodnight.gif