Sign in to follow this  
ChickenHawk

Do You Believe In Ghosts & Aliens?

Aliens yes, ET life anyway. Aliens coming down to earth and kidnapping people for perverted experiments may be a little far fetched. Ghosts, no idea, but theres somethings out there that people cant explain. I do have a doubt about ghosts and think that they could all be a load of mumbo Jumbo. You may all laugh at this for now but I bet when you wake up alone at 3 am you start pi$$in yer pants. biggrin.gif

I know I do.

Nope no ghost.

But I reckon Alien life does exist the Universe is infinite so there must be some other life out there. But would they give a damn about us...I don't think so.

Well I believe there could be ghosts, my reasoning behind this is that for thousands of years there have been reported and so called ghost sightings, so you cant really write that all off as hoaxes.

As for Alien life, of course. Anyone who says there is no Alien life is incredibly naive.

To say that we are the only form of life in the entire universe is incredibly selfish and short sighted. But i doubt aliens have even come close to visiting our planet however smile.gif

Ghosts not sure about

Aliens i think there are, there has even been an equation created to calculate the number of possible lifeforms there could in the universe by using such factors as , the speed the universe is expanding, the number of viewable stars, the number of galaxies, the time the universe has been in existance, and another few factors that escape me. anyway the answer came out to be a possible 200 billion lifeforms. I also think they have been on earth too, but were no where near educated and advanced enough for them to communicate with us.

oh and yeah im a fan of x files =]]

ghosts I dont know...might be the souls of jedi's or sith *shudder*

as for aliens, you bet they are out there, and they are coming, and they are going to kick our ass if we aint prepared!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But I reckon Alien life does exist the Universe is infinite so there must be some other life out there.<span id='postcolor'>

Are you sure?

There's no proof that the Universe is infinite...

And the laws of probability do not state that if an event has a high probablity of occuring, it will occur.

So this means that they might as well not exist, and never have.

And if they do, I say it's arrogant to think we are so  important that the whole universe bends to our will and syncronises the creation of another intelligent lifeform to our creation. Human existence is a blink in cosmic time, and

the sooner we stop inventing new religions to inflate ourselves with, the better.

(as he finishes rant, he is blinded by a huge beam up light and then beamed off to Proxima Centauri. As his atoms dissolve, a faint "I regret nothiiiiing" is heard.)

Ghosts I don't have much of an opinion but anyone who would believe that humans are the only intelligent life forms in the universe is a fucking fool........I'm so sure "Is anyone out there?"....umm we are.....we are fucking out here....why isn't anyone else?....I know people that believe that no one else is out there...you know what else they believe in?..the bible......any questions?... tounge.gif

Plus who says we will be able to recognize life when we find it?...humans are so confined to this planet they assume life has to be biological....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ Jan. 21 2002,19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ghosts  not sure about

Aliens i think there are, there has even been an equation created to calculate the number of possible lifeforms there could in the universe   by using such factors as , the speed the universe is expanding, the number of viewable stars, the number of galaxies, the time the universe has been in existance, and another few factors that escape me.  anyway the answer came out to be a possible 200 billion lifeforms. I also think they have been on earth too, but were no where near educated and advanced enough for them to communicate with us.

oh and yeah im a fan of x files =]]<span id='postcolor'>

If we think of the same equation, then you have to add, that there were some factors in it, whose values we only can assume. And so the result might vary from 0 to infinite :p

Unfortunatly I have no access to the book I read about it, but I remember, that there were some more factors, like the chance to develop intelligent live and how long such a lifeform might exist and technological advance to get in contact with them. You see, it's all quite fuzzy ;)

wkr

WhoCares

indeed those were theother factors i was just showing that the answer came out at a staggering figure not just one or two but billions

Never seen a green man, so I guess I start believing when I see one.

And other cool thing dudes: go to search-engine like google.com and write out-of-body method/training/...

There you will find few tricks how to make an OBE yourself. Tried few time but no luck mad.gif . I'd really like to fly like a ghost and spy people biggrin.gif

Alien lifeforms, sure.

Ghosts...not so sure. They are most likely creations of human imagination. A tired and frightened mind can dream up some scary shit and make it feel real enough.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GrimCalavera @ Jan. 22 2002,11:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Never seen a green man, so I guess I start believing when I see one.

And other cool thing dudes: go to search-engine like google.com and write out-of-body method/training/...

There you will find few tricks how to make an OBE yourself. Tried few time but no luck  mad.gif . I'd really like to fly like a ghost and spy people  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oh and I forgot to mention you get OBE easier using hard drugs. So get a money from yer mommies wallet and meet your local dealer.

there are definitely ghosts..i work in a 200 yr old hotel as a barman and it used 2 b an old folks home.there is shitloiads of creepy stuff goin on. i was on my own on the bar in the function room,most of the light were off. i put a serviette on the bar partially in a puddle of lager,no way could it have moved.suddenly it was on my calf then sumthing at the other end of the rom moved,i think it was the door that goes to the fse box out the back ,needless to say i was outta there quickly,there are loads of creepy stories from staff who have to stay the night.normally if you tell them u just want ot work and to leave you alone it stops!!! creepy though.no1 likes goin around alone cos of the creepiness.so ghosts exist and aliens certainly do

Another creepy story. Few years ago I was with couple of my friends exploring an abandoned building. It was already dark so I had to use my cigarette lighter to be able to move around without stumbling on every step. I said to my friends that we should go upstairs but they didn't want to come because it was already too creepy on the first floor so I decided to go there alone. I reached the end of the stairs and saw that there was a door that was almost closed. I decided to open the door and just before I touched the handle the door opend a little. I decided not to go through the door and then I colleceted the remaining pieces of my courage and walked out of the building.

I don't believe in anything supernatural, like ghosts (or god). And about aliens... it depends on what do you mean. If we count everything organic life (like bacterias) as aliens, there are surely them. But there are surely much less (if any) intelligent aliens, but they might exist. But I think that those alien stories like abductions are bullshit. If there were alien ships near the earth, they would surely land to a public place where there are much people or more probably they would try to contact with radio.

If there are Aliens, they wont be too happy with us humans. What with us sending out probes every couple of years. Couple of them are bound to have landed on an Alines home, or at least knocked a few of his tiles off

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If we count everything organic life (like bacterias) as aliens, there are surely them. But there are surely much less (if any) intelligent aliens, but they might exist.<span id='postcolor'>

i agree. I also think (and hope) theres live out there, but we seem to forget how incredible complicated human beings are. Most of our evolving and body construction are accidental. Some scientist even believe we shouldnt even be here...they say intelligent life is just an 'accident', wasnt supposed to happen. But trough pure luck life did happen and here we are! biggrin.gif

I also read that the atmosphere of the planet and distance to the sun are of great importance for life. The further from the sun, the bigger the eyes, and as for the atmosphere, there could be thousends of different shaped species. They showed some pictures of how species would look like. Big blue blobs floating around in the air. Little green men? neh....smile.gif

so...i do believe theres live out there, but i doubt it will be extremely evolved, maybe organic live, or even some steps higher, but the pure luck and fortune that happened to us is very hard to find. If it wasnt for lady fortune we would all be crawling around in mud, covered in slime and be 2-sexual. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rogue2020 @ Jan. 22 2002,06:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">anyone who would believe that humans are the only intelligent life forms in the universe is a fucking fool<span id='postcolor'>

And people who believe in a 'Star Trek' or 'Star Wars' type universe full of different intelligent species seriously underestimate the level of technological advance possible in the kind of timescales we're talking about.

Someone has to be first, and given that we could easily colonise the entire galaxy in a million years without any magical 'warp drive', it's unlikely that a second intelligent life-form would evolve before the first had taken over the whole place. If there is any expansionary intelligent alien life-form out there, then either we're very lucky to have evolved before they took over the galaxy or we should see evidence of them everywhere (and considering that within a million years we should be able to dismantle stars to preserve their hydrogen for the future, that evidence wouldn't be hard to see). We don't, therefore it's unlikely that they exist.

So life in the galaxy, probably. Intelligent life in the universe, perhaps. Intelligent life in this galaxy, unlikely unless they're a bunch of eco-nutters.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MrLaggy @ Jan. 22 2002,03:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">anyone who would believe that humans are the only intelligent life forms in the universe is a fucking fool<span id='postcolor'>

And people who believe in a 'Star Trek' or 'Star Wars' type universe full of different intelligent species seriously underestimate the level of technological advance possible in the kind of timescales we're talking about.

Someone has to be first, and given that we could easily colonise the entire galaxy in a million years without any magical 'warp drive', it's unlikely that a second intelligent life-form would evolve before the first had taken over the whole place. If there is any expansionary intelligent alien life-form out there, then either we're very lucky to have evolved before they took over the galaxy or we should see evidence of them everywhere (and considering that within a million years we should be able to dismantle stars to preserve their hydrogen for the future, that evidence wouldn't be hard to see). We don't, therefore it's unlikely that they exist.

So life in the galaxy, probably. Intelligent life in the universe, perhaps. Intelligent life in this galaxy, unlikely unless they're a bunch of eco-nutters.<span id='postcolor'>

You could never take over all of "our galaxy"....it's to big.....let alone another.......what I like is how pictures of faint blue galaxy's are said to be about 8 billion light years away....so like they say we really have no idea what is going on out there because we are seeing what happened 8 billion years ago....for all we no all that out there is already destroyed... biggrin.gif ....

The universe is absolutely massive. To say we r the only intelligent life is ludicrus.We r a stupid race,our scientists know very little about the universe so any theroies are nothing more than shit guesses.

As for ghosts seeing as ppl reputably come back and tell us about it and the numerous ghost sightings,they clkearly exist.

To say otherwise just shows your ignorance

I won't bother talking about ghosts but..

Intelligent life forms or life forms in general, hmmm..

Now here's a thought: everybody's assuming that claimed aliens that has visited earth came from outer space.

- Have you ever heard that man knows moon better than they know what's at the bottom of the oceans. I'd say there's more than enough room for alien civilisation.

Think about that wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rogue2020 @ Jan. 23 2002,11:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You could never take over all of "our galaxy"....it's to big.....let alone another.......<span id='postcolor'>

This galaxy is only 100,000 light years across and we already know we can build spacecraft to travel at 10% of the speed of light without breaking any laws of physics. Given a million years or so, colonising the entire galaxy would be trivial... and smart machines could colonise it even faster, at close to the speed of light.

So there's little chance of colonising distant galaxies without some kind of 'warp drive' which lets us travel faster than light, but there's no problem taking over all the nearby galaxies in a few million years.