Sign in to follow this  
masa

New armored vehicle for OFP

My favourite is the M113 (Don't remember the name)with AA missiles.

masa

Why do you want to add all those SAM's? They are useless for the OFP-type game! T-90 would be cool though

A single SAM vehicle would be usefull, it should just have a VERY long range radar and be able to cover the whole Island with it's missiles (taking that there's a clear line of "sight" for the radar and clear LoF for the missiles)

isn't it SA-13 Gopher ?

it will be useless to put a Zsu-57. Its an old AA gun and ZSU-23 is better

T-90 should be a good idea but there is not enough AA vehicle in this game...

I'd prefer a swiss piranha 8x8 with a smoothbore 120mm gun biggrin.gif

Both the T-90 and the BTR-80... and the Hind should de able to rise his landing gear.. hehehe and a Mi-26 Halo...

T-90 would be extremly kewl if it was in the game.

AA missles well.........................there not nice especially if they cover the entire island cuz u would takeoff and BANG hit by a missle.

Shoulder launched AA missles are much better to have in a game like this

The T90 is about the same visualy as the T80, somebody made one a while ago.

It looked like a t90 and has increased armour

that's good smile.gif...but i think we can't see T-90 in battle field in 1983 confused.gif  because it went into low-level production in 1993

and mid-1996 only 107 T-90s had gone into service in the Far Eastern Military District smile.gif

PS:The T-80, manufactured by Transmash of Omsk, appeared as production model in 1984!?

t-90_d01f2.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that's good smile.gif...but i think we can't see T-90 in battle field in 1983 confused.gif  because it went into low-level production in 1993

and mid-1996 only 107 T-90s had gone into service in the Far Eastern Military District smile.gif

PS:The T-80, manufactured by Transmash of Omsk, appeared as production model in 1984!?<span id='postcolor'>

And the M1A1 entered production stage in mid 1985 with most of the 'production' being M1s converted to M1A1 specs.

So your point is?

I voted for t-90, but what i really want is not an armored vehicle. It is the V-22 Osprey. I saw this chopper first when i played Half-life. I never saw it before, but i liked it very much. This should be added to OFP.

osprey-takeoffa.jpg

osprey-flight1a.jpg

Gorgi

A T-90 is useless(nothing more then a modified T-72 with useless crap and less armor)

Goddamnit! ppl! i really dont think you should even bother asking for things that are out of the timeline. AND STOP ASKING FOR THE OSPREY!

We *NEED* something like the chaparral in ofp. Air units are too advantageous as it is.

(in multiplayer, if helos are available people tend to rush to them to get them)

Also, the stinger needs to be strengthened. It's relatively useless right now. I've survived four hits sitting in a blackhawk.

Comrades

Would some clever bastard out there making add-on vehicles please consider the following:

I am keen to see a 1985 vintage General Dynamics M1 MBT with the 105mm M68 main gun. This model was released to the US Army in 1980 and served through until the late 1980's when they were upgraded to the 120mm M256 smoothbore main gun.  The M1's in the game timeframe should be, in reality, the M1. The M1A1  did not enter service until 1986.  

However, you can argue that the game M1A1's are pre-mass-production field trial units serving in a high-threat / hostile environment tounge.gif

The add-on itself would not be hard, just changing the parameters of the main gun to the 105mm (the M60 in the game has EXACTLY the right main gun and so the data already exists), upping the speed fractionally (the M1 was lighter than the M1A1 increasing performance), downing the overall armour values by about 10 to 15%. I know the main gun on the M1A1 is larger reflecting the 120mm bore, but what the hell.

I would have a crack at it but I can't be assed learning a fourth language, as I really struggle with my primary language.

The wish list would include

The apperance of the odd T-62 or T-64, or Leopard 1, Cheiftain, Centurion, M48 or (the terrible) AMX-30 main battle tanks would not go amiss - and would help those who are trying to design 1960-1990 Arab-Israeli or India-Pakistan wars.

Throw in a few BTR-70/80's, BRDM's (with ATGM or MG capability), LAV-25's, M150's (M113 with TOW ATGM launcher), M901's (M113 with 2 TOW launchers), M113's with an enclosed 20mm cannon turret, LVTP7 amphibious assault vehicles (go USMC!), SA-13 Strela-10 self-propelled SAMs, M48 Chaparral self-propelled SAMs (for what they are worth!)

and the melting pot gets far more interesting!

Add a few towed or emplacement 20mm / 23mm and 30mm AA guns and US/Soviet fixed SAM launchers and those who kill to get the air units during MP games, will wish they had taken a change of underwear up with them biggrin.gif

Any ground unit that kicks the butt of those namby-pamby, Neville no-mates, girly-swot blouses who ALWAYS have to get in aircraft & helicopters during on-line games (and then blow everything up including their own team mates and base rape from nearly 2 kicks away), is welcome IMHO wink.gif

More power to the foot soldier and the iron land-juggernauts.

The revolution will come yet.

tunguska1.jpg

tounge.gif

4x 30-mm gun, 2A38M

8x 9M311M1 missiles

Date of Introduction 1990    

tounge.gif

tunguska9.jpg