Sign in to follow this  
mazza

ECP with new units

Have done some searches etc. I know this will probably bite me on the behind with a mod saying you haven't search hard enuf smile_o.gif

But my question, to which I have yet to find an answer is:

Is there a "simple" unit replacement mod out there to use with ECP.  Like FFUR without all the sounds etc. It doesn't necessarily have to replace the armour etc, only the human units which are dating...err dated.

Any pointers gladly appreciated.  

I enjoy FFUR, but like the effects in ECP better.  Different game-play also.

So many questions so little time

Or another version of galbaldys' suggestion...

DMA ECP Improved by AKD

Description:

Drawing on the best community work, I've produced a pack to improve the already excellent DMA Army Pack unit replacement mod. The pack includes new weapons (most original BIS now replaced), new and improved sounds, realism enhancements, more variety in Resistance units, and some config tweaks and fixes. The emphasis here is on improving the infantry experience, while maintaining BIS balance and mission compatability. The pack includes configs for DMA Army Pack + ECP 1.085 and DMA Army Pack standalone.

-AKD

I use a personal edit of this config.

I use a personal edit of xyz config.

My fav too inlove.gif

Once you´ve got the hang of it stuff will turn easy and sometimes even fun, at least seeing changes working..if it doesn´t it´s a real pain in the ass but still you´ll learn from your mistakes..

Wanted to post pics of my ecp mod but suddenly all my ftp access broke down crazy_o.gif

oh, is there a way to basically either play with the DMA pack etc, or without, really for compatability reasons and just in case i dont like it.. oh and multiplayer

Quote[/b] ]oh, is there a way to basically either play with the DMA pack etc, or without, really for compatability reasons and just in case i dont like it.. oh and multiplayer

You basically have to replace the vanilla ECP.cpp file with that supplied by the DMA Army pack.  In addition to get it running in ECP I had to copy the Army packs (*troop.pbo) to the ECP addon directory.  Its all in the readme

If for MP reasons you need old install back, you have to undo the changes. Perhaps restore the original ECP.cpp file.  The addons can stay, however they do get loaded during gameplay for no effect.

If the game was just released, this would be an optimal time for someone to develop a mod switcher.  Realise there are lauchers out there but I have not come across any that move files/rename files + backup e.g .cpp and .anim

Since my last post I am now trying to combine the DMA Lean addon with the DMA Army mod.. Game does not like it when u load both at same time, which is to be expected.  As the ECP.cpp files for both are different. smile_o.gif

I am fiddling and failing so far, copy and paste is a dangerous thing banghead.gif

banghead.gif

Was advised to use file compare software "compare it" http://www.grigsoft.com/

Worked well, compares changes between files. I used it to compare DMA army Config.cpp with DMA Lean Config.cpp

Worked very well, now have a CPP file which allows both addons to work with ECP smile_o.gif

THANKS GNAT !!!!!!!! for your advice