Sign in to follow this  
Wachtmeester

Civilian Wings Series (static)

Is there any server where I could download that 757? The ofp.info links are dead (their FTP server is down). sad_o.gif

Is there any server where I could download that 757? The ofp.info links are dead (their FTP server is down). sad_o.gif

OFPBASE - P757 Download

Your planes are looking top notch Wachtmeester thumbs-up.gif

offtopic: holy crap, a new emoticon! i love it!!!! firefoxlover.gif

perhaps the answer to all the requests being made is to release whatever planes you like and then having a "developers kit" with PSDs so people can make their own textures.

If you make the textures easily moddable I'm sure within a couple of months there will be airlines from just about every country floating around. I mean easily like not stretched or skewed. Also a nice outline of the actual model on the texture is handy.

Can I ask what map that is in the screens?

Wow the planes look great!! Static versions are great and they will add alot of atmosphere to airports. Are the Static lower-poly then an actual "potential flying version"?

@The-Architect: I think that its Bonaire.

i got another idea for a plane , Air force one! thumbs-up.gif wonder why nobody made one yet biggrin_o.gif

@ shashman; that's exactly what I was talking about, these kind of vehicles go perfectly with the planes. I think SnD is still in my Msn list....

@Miss_cleo; yes, I allready mentioned it, so I guess I will create some paintkits.

@the-Architect; All planes use one large texture, 2048x2048 or 2048x1024. This very much simplifies the creation of other liveries. You just paint your thing, alter the texture-path in O2 and save the model under a different name. Easy does it smile_o.gif .

O, and yes, the pictures are taken on Bonaire isle, another project which i'm working on.

@SnD; Static versions do not have more then 2000 points in the first LOD, mainly because there's no interior. So yeah, the are more low poly then a possible flying version.

Hey wachtmeester, I got a questions

My question is if the planes are destructable ?

Anyways, great work m8

Rotten

WOW!!! What a great pics! I hope you made them also flyable and also vote Ilyshin Il-86 as Russian / Soviet airliner (I have flown in Il-86 on my trip to Bulgaria) smile_o.gif

i think you'd better release a kind of "Texture Development Kit" (psd file), so one could make its own texture which would be loaded via a script in the init command line. then, later, everyone could share its texture in this thread...

i think you'd better release a kind of "Texture Development Kit" (psd file), so one could make its own texture which would be loaded via a script in the init command line. then, later, everyone could share its texture in this thread...

this question about a texture development kit has already been answered numerous times... banghead.gif do people not read threads these days? confused_o.gif

and to answer your questioin, there will be a texture development kit thumbs-up.gif

Only the last three posts I guess.. lol

Anyway, Kikill, do you know such a script? I thought that was only possible with the setobjecttexture command which only works for small textures.

About the Russian airliner, I guess I can't go wrong with the IL-86 smile_o.gif But I liked the look of the IL-62 and the Tupolev 154 so I will create those too tounge2.gif .

Why bother with a script? icon_rolleyes.gif

If you have made the textures anyway, why not go into O2 and change the texturefile names. Save the plane under a new name, add the necessary pieces (copy & paste + editing the names) and compress it into the pbo.

That said, let the pics do the talking. So far i have the DC10-30, the Boeing 737-300 and the Embraer 145.

Dear Wachtmeester,

This post is intended only for you. Other members please do not flame if this has already been covered, I simply do not have the time to read through this whole thread as my day is about to start.

Great planes, super idea, well done thumbs-up.gif

I noticed that the 737 model is not as good as it could be around the front window area. I have spent an awful lot of time making a 737-300 model for FS2002 and I managed to get this (the hardest part of the aircraft) down to a fine art. I do not have the original model I made as it had some unnecessary faces due to poor modelling techniques I used to use.

I do however have a complete studio built and set-up ready for the planned new model of this aircraft which uses high resolution AutoCAD imports I got into Photoshop using Adobe. Would be easy to make a new model as the 'blueprints' if you like are already there and are set-up perfectly (i.e. I have configured the bitmaps for each viewing plane so they are all to exactly the same scale and are in correct alignment with each other).

Let me know if you would like me to make a model and send it over.

And before anyone pipes-up that you can't port G-MAX to Oxygen.. you can. I made my SA-80 in Oxygen. It goes:

G-MAX (.md3 export) -> Milkshape (.3DS export) -> Anim8or (clean-up .3DS model & export) -> Oxygen smile_o.gif

Please drop me a pm if you are interested Wachtmeester. Don't worry about planes not being flyable either. I'm sure with some nice scripting we could simulate a real airport with dummy planes that looked like they were really being piloted.

Hope to hear from you soon smile_o.gif

If you have made the textures anyway, why not go into O2 and change the texturefile names. Save the plane under a new name, add the necessary pieces (copy & paste + editing the names) and compress it into the pbo.

Calling a script is easier, less time consuming and simpler than doing all of what you just described...Pretty much wink_o.gif

Calling a script is easier, less time consuming and simpler than doing all of what you just described...Pretty much wink_o.gif

setObjectTexture is MP-unfriendly, savegame-unfriendly and doesn't load mipmaps higher than 256x256 (unless you try some not very convenient trickery). Using scripts is not a good choice for anything, but armpatches, random numbers and such.

Setobjecttexure does work higher than 256x256, but it has to be an already applied texture (rather than lets say the texture is invisible first of all) which is visible, but it has some fun bugs tounge2.gif

Wildo

We'll I think I will stick to the method I'm using now, just alter the texturepath in O2. We're talking about pretty big textures here (2048x2048) so scripting with those is not very lag friendly I think.

I should think of a patch system which allows me to implement new models/textures in de pbo file. But if someone else knows something better, please give it a shot. smile_o.gif

What you need to do is have a small cube or something, doesn't matter and put one of each texture on each side of the cube that you want to use and hide the cube in the model.

Then in the eventhandlers for the plane, have it exec an init script that checks the classname for the vehicle and setObjectTexture depending on the classname and then you can have just 1 model but several different textures instead of having to use a different p3d for each texture.

I've done this quite frequently on a smaller scale for addon packs for my server and it works very well in MP without issues.  For example there was a tank with 6 models and the only difference was the textures, so I created a selection in O2 and listed it in CfgModels then in the class's hidden selections.

I then placed a tiny cube inside the model so it wouldn't be visible and applied a different texture to each side so all 6 textures would already be processed by OFP.  In the init.sqs I had it look for the classnames.

?typeOf _vcl == "Tank1" : _vcl setObjectTexture [0,{\texpath\tex.paa}]

Now I know these textures are very large so I don't really know what kind of an impact there'd be having all the textures already loaded, but I do know if someone made a mission with several different plane types then it's a moot point cause they'd already be loaded.

Dear Wachtmeester,

I promised I'd help you out and I have. Also the method I used to do this is a bit tedious but it is also very reliable and easy to understand (although you will need trigonometry knowledge).

1143159250_Pic.jpg

1143159379_Pic2.jpg

I'll drop you a pm mate, so you don't miss this. We'll have to have a chat on MSN sometime. It really isn't too bad to do, but there are other methods which are almost impossible to get good results from, so I need to explain things to you. Face count is reasonably low too despite how smooth it looks. Also I've had a look and I can't find any nasty faces such as 'quads' or whatever they're called as I used vertex collapse to do stuff with and the program took care of the faces.

Windows can be put in later and can therefore have independent textures, perhaps even alpha textures, but I wouldn't know much about that because addon making is not my specialty.

I'll attempt a G-MAX to Oxygen port over the next few days (things can go wrong here) and if all goes well I'll send you over the model smile_o.gif

Hope this helps enhance an already great idea of yours thumbs-up.gif

And here it is after a successful port to Oxygen:

1143260269_Pic3.jpg

thumbs-up.gif

**Edit:

Model shown has 500 faces smile_o.gif