Sign in to follow this  
Wachtmeester

Civilian Wings Series (static)

Pssst....an experimental prototype CQB low quality passenger plane had been created before to help high quality addonmakers with interiors....

Boeing 757

Oh, can't wait to put those babies into the mission editor.

It will be a great help if we could put them into MOD too.

Keep up the great works.

welcome.gif

Let's not get carried away here eh?

Next we'll have people asking for a Spruce Goose to be modelled icon_rolleyes.gif

And don't even think of answering that!^^^^^^^^^ tounge2.gif

Wow, excellent work, Wachtmeester!! I always wanted to have a 737 in OFP!

And if u watching for some skins, can u try to make SkyEurope? wink_o.gif

BTW u can use sounds from Flight Simulator for these birds.

@A380

The A380 might be a problem as it's one big-ass plane.  According to Airliners.net, the A380 is 79.8m x 72.75m x 24.08m.  That's too big for OFP's geometry.

@CanadianTerror

The 737 and 747 are already being made. wink_o.gif

One more suggestion from me, make a DC-9 or MD-80.  These aircraft (particularly the DC-9) were is service with many airlines and for a long time (some airlines today still use them).

Once again, I'd be happy to provide any info if you should need it.

-Pilot

EDIT:

Which 737s were you planning on making? There are like 9 different base variants.

All these obscure airline schemes being requested... confused_o.gif Howbout just sticking to the major ones then making your own Lesotho Airlines skin icon_rolleyes.gif lol

Thats nice! smile_o.gif

For that nice planes it would be worth to create a huge island with 2500 kmË› with one or two huge Airports on it!

Do you planning to integrate the needed memory points for making funktional models later like axis, landcontact and so on?

I'll see what I can do about all these requests, but I think I will create a paint kit for the planes, so everyone can create his or her favourite airline.

@sniping jack; All planes are setup so the can be made functionally relatively easy.

@student pilot; About some sizes, the 747 is also to big for OFP geometry, so I guess I have to make some compromises for that one.

At the moment I only have the 737 -300 series, but some other could be very easily done too.

Other planes like Concorde or Dc 8/9 could be made.. if I find the time for it. That leads me to another point;

Do you guys think it's wise to release every plane as a seperate addon ( DC10 series, 737 series etc etc) or as one large pack?

I would say one large pack, all these planes are good in fs2004, however, for ofp we are going to need some misc airport addons such as terminals, and aircraft gates to bring the overall feel alive? As being parked up on one taxiway on nogova will look a bit suspect to say the least :P

Keep up the good work, how hard is it to actually port aircraft from fs2004 to ofp?

Smiley smile_o.gif

Maybee it would be an idea, to do some colour sceme of various government planes...? crazy_o.gif

Could you make one or two of the planes a wrecked model? You could burn them out too so as not to worry about choosing which skin to use for the wrecks. Just a thought, could make for a cool mission having a jet blown up out of the sky and an ops team has to discover what happened, etc.

There was a flat-textured empty 51km map for the greater SFO bay area floating around, iirc it was one of alonewolf's tech demo's.

2nd, wouldn't it be possible to use hidden selections and setobjecttexture for all the different paint schemes? Granted, that's not quite MP friendly without the setObjectTextureGlobal command (VBS1 only) but as I imagine that the likely usage of such would be for special one-off missions or screenshots it shouldn't be a big deal.

-edit-

It's wrpquad. I couldn't find it on ofp.info, it was on OFPEC.

map.jpg

@smiley_nick; the models are made by myself, I only use the textures from FS2004, but they have to be modified for OFP offcourse. As far as I know it's nearly impossible (at least with my knowledge) to port a FS model to OFP.

I also figured that we need some miscellenious stuff to go with these planes, like cargo trolley's, fuel truck and nose wheel cars (you know, those low cars to taxi a plane from and to the gate).

@Manhunter; we'll see...

@reconninja; that would be indeed a nice addon for missions, gotta think about it.

@shinraiden; that's a very cool island and certainly big enough, but doesn't it lag to much? It should be perfect for ArmA I guess.

As far as I know hidden selections and the setobjecttexture are only for small sized textures like 64x64 and certainly not for 1024x1024.

There's no big prob with 1024x1024-maps. I did a little test last week and I covered the whole terrain with forests. I had the same FPS like Noe for example.

The only prob is to make them "green". Remember the size: 2500 kmË›!

But if one is covering wide areas with forests like the nortern territorys for e.g. and not too much infra struktures than there should be a real chance to get such an island in ...lets say 4 - 8 weeks.

Its a shame you cant open up the doors like PC's 737. It would make for some kickarse CT missions.

@smiley_nick; the models are made by myself, I only use the textures from FS2004, but they have to be modified for OFP offcourse. As far as I know it's nearly impossible (at least with my knowledge) to port a FS model to OFP.

I also figured that we need some miscellenious stuff to go with these planes, like cargo trolley's, fuel truck and nose wheel cars (you know, those low cars to taxi a plane from and to the gate).

Take a look here for aviation support vehicles smile_o.gif

I think government aircraft would be excellent and more useful than all these random airline painted ones wink_o.gif

Don't forget Philcommando already made a nice "stair truck" included in his Boeing 757 pack he made some time ago, check it out here on the forum. thumbs-up.gif