Sign in to follow this  
Wachtmeester

Civilian Wings Series (static)

Since i'm all into aircraft lately I decided to create some civilian planes. I needed them anyway for my Bonaire island project.  We all know that large planes are not very usefull in OFP so that's why I only make them as static planes. Before  you all start moning, anyone who whishes to create a full working version is welcome to do so after I release this package. I made them in such way that it will be relatively easy to convert them to a working model.

Anyway, I planned several aircraft:

Boeing 747, 737

Dc 10-30

Embrear 145

Fokker 100/70

An Airbus type

A Russian type Ilyushin/Antonov/Tupolev (I hope some of our Russian addonmakers will give a hint which one the like)

Mayby there will be some more, but that's it for now. I use textures from FS2004, which I have to put together and convert. But in this way I can create a lot of different versions without all the work of creating new textures. Besides that, there are so many textures allready made for FS it would be a shame not to use them. If someone has a problem with that please say so, because I don't want any trouble afterwards with people saying 'you stole this or that'.

All models will feature offcourse enough LOD's for smooth performance. Hints, tips, help and ideas are allways welcome.

That said, let the pics do the talking. So far i have the DC10-30, the Boeing 737-300 and the Embraer 145.

y409kn.jpg

y409ko.jpg

y409kp.jpg

y4pcd7.jpg

y409kr.jpg

y409kt.jpg

Excellent idea and brilliant looking models (especially the crazy blue one they fly over my house all the time!wink_o.gif

Two thumbs up for that Polish LOT 737. They all look very nice, too! Hopefully, somebody will make them flyable, at least that 737.

May I humbly suggest on more paintscheme for B737, please?

GJHAL532HAWAIIAN767-300(RR).jpg

(Yeah, I know it's not 737, but the scheme is the same). wink_o.gif

@Ag-smith, that won't be a problem I guess. I have a lot of paint schemes waiting for the 737, like Air France, British Airways, Easyjet, Quintas, Delta, United,KLM, Lufthansa...

so I guess, the Hawaiien is possible too.

Looks real good man. It will be great to have some civil planes like this

Top notch work,Watchmeester.

notworthy.gif

Lovely work!

Bit of a shame they don't fly, but then again, that can't really be a permanent problem wink_o.gif

Gnat @ Mar. 13 2006,13:45)]Lovely work!

Bit of a shame they don't fly, but then again, that can't really be a permanent problem wink_o.gif

nothing that a setpos commant can't handle :P imagine we can really simulate dynamics of a stall just setpos and see how it drifts back to the ground haha.

And theres that Rotor Failure script which makes a helicopter spin around and hit the ground without exploding, maybe what ever technique is used to do that (setvelocity and what not i guess) could be done on the plane to get it to Land??

A working private jet like the Jetstar or something of the same would be a very welcome addition to the ofp aircraft community i think.

Very nice work so far, I am glad to see so many different airlines will be available smile_o.gif

It doesn't even bother me that these are static models right now, they will still provide a good addition to any major airport in OFP.

looks very nice, but i wish two things could be enhanced to the planes and they are..

enterable and walkable planes and flyable biggrin_o.gif just like the dc-3 by mapfact team sort of style thumbs-up.gif

Otherwise i think these planes look perfect graphics wise.

Hope they got some good engine sound fx too biggrin_o.gif

would be cool to hear 'em different engine sounds between boeing and antonov planes ect. smile_o.gif

Config wise what about checking in the different big aircrafts that have been made for ofp and see wich one you think would fit you to use maybe. im thinking the planes would be cool in Mp agents , civilians and all other kinds of missions to use. And hey maybe they can be converted over to armed assault later on with enhanced a.i maybe and stuff maybe they can do some nicer landings there and so on wink_o.gif

Wow, they look beautiful!  I hope someone can get them flying.

May I suggest that most beautiful of airliners, the 757-200, and could I also request you use a version with Rolls Royce engines? (if you need info on any of this, I would be glad to provide it)  I was working on one at one time, but the texturing was out of my skill level.

@ag_smith

One minor problem, Hawaiian Airlines does not use any class of 737.  I suppose that's not a big problem, it could still be done, but it might be best for the sake of realism to limit the Hawaiian paint scheme to 767s and DC-10s

-Pilot

EDIT:

For the Airbus I would suggest either an A320 or A330 (My personal favorite is the A330, and it would be the size in between the 737 and 747)

A380 anyone? would be appropriate for any kind of futuristic enviroment. Heh what can I say I'm proud that my faculty (TU Delft Aerospace) helped out in designing the thing biggrin_o.gif

Ahh, very nice, these will add nice deapth to quite a few missions, it'll look a lot better on some of these islands with larger airstrips to have some planes around. smile_o.gif

Your aircraft look gorgeous inlove.gif

I didn't know Aeroflot used DC-10s, and if they did, I'm sure they're phased out now. I would love to see you make a Tu-154 or Il-86.

If you have made a DC-10, could you possibly please with whipped cream and cherries on top make a KDC-10 or KC-10 Extender? inlove.gifinlove.gif

I know your models are static, and unless you're willing to go that one step further and make them flyable, I'm sure someone could pick it up (KC-10/KDC-10) and make it flyable, possibly even make it work as an aerial refueller. I know Hawk's C-130 at one point worked as a refueller, so the concept is totally feasable smile_o.gif

Enterable and walk about in planes would be fantastic for airport hostage missions.

The KC10 is on my list, so I guess you can give me that cream now smile_o.gif . hehe. But don't forget, somebody allready made a working KC10, but it was only in beta stage. I don't no who made it...

Enterable planes are very cool, but i think that should be a feature for Arma, you know with all the bad geometry in OFP..

Besides that, I would like this project to be fairly easy, since I have a lot of other projects which I wan't to finish some day.

Say, guys, what do you think of a paint kit for the planes? Just an idea, but this would lead to a much bigger variation in planes i guess.. shame I can't do a poll now in this topic.

Looking good!

If there would be a CQB feature in ArmA, it could get a new kind of mission, to infiltrate a aeroplane smile_o.gif

It has nothing to do with that I'm from Switzerland, but to make the addon complete, what about this?

http://www.bigfoto.com/sites/galery/aviation/swissair-md11-hb-iwp.jpg

I know that this group doesn't exist anymore but however I liked it more that the new Swiss Group

Please

Shrek.jpg

wink_o.gif

A380 anyone? would be appropriate for any kind of futuristic enviroment. Heh what can I say I'm proud that my faculty (TU Delft Aerospace) helped out in designing the thing biggrin_o.gif

ooo, i love the A380 biggrin_o.gif I have the Abacus A380 and all of its like 10 liveries that come with it. i don't know if i could send you the texture files though without being chased after by some bigshot cyber attorney..... mad_o.gif

great work so far though mate thumbs-up.gif

The KC10 is on my list, so I guess you can give me that cream now smile_o.gif . hehe. But don't forget, somebody allready made a working KC10, but it was only in beta stage. I don't no who made it...

Enterable planes are very cool, but i think that should be a feature for Arma, you know with all the bad geometry in OFP..

Besides that, I would like this project to be fairly easy, since I have a lot of other projects which I wan't to finish some day.

Eeeeexcellent... Do you like yours of the clotted, whipped, double or single variety? inlove.gif

Mmm on the subject of DC-10s, surely the next step would be to make an MD-11? Pretty please with chocolate sprinkles and hundreds and thousands on top? inlove.gif

@ag_smith

One minor problem, Hawaiian Airlines does not use any class of 737. I suppose that's not a big problem, it could still be done, but it might be best for the sake of realism to limit the Hawaiian paint scheme to 767s and DC-10s

I could swear they do, but I double checked and they don't. I must have mixed it up with Aloha Air. crazy_o.gif Still, I just would love to see a plane with that paint scheme. If you ask me, it's one of the nicest ones I've ever seen on a jetliner.

Looking good!

If there would be a CQB feature in ArmA, it could get a new kind of mission, to infiltrate a aeroplane smile_o.gif

It has nothing to do with that I'm from Switzerland, but to make the addon complete, what about this?

http://www.bigfoto.com/sites/galery/aviation/swissair-md11-hb-iwp.jpg

I know that this group doesn't exist anymore but however I liked it more that the new Swiss Group

Please

Shrek.jpg

wink_o.gif

Dont be bad mouthing swiss they kick ass... except their quote "The most swiss of airlines" sux a bit.. British airways must have some... ur missing out if you dont include that