Sign in to follow this  
westy159

Last 20 days of Q1 06. So We Are 1-3 Months Away

Q1 of 2006 is coming to a close and this game is expected to be coming out in H1 06. So that means theres only Q2 of 06 left and thats about 1-3 months. Do you believe that it will come out in this time? If the game really was 1-3 months from release should we of had an official date set by now?

I can see ArmA being set back to Q3/H2 06 which i wont mind if it means that the game will be perfect but i will still be dissapointed. And if ArmA is set back that means game2 will be set back too.

Game2 set back? Does it even have some kind of certain date that could be set back? biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, i don't really believe that AA will be released in this half of the year.. tho i keep telling it to myself.

Guest Ti0n3r

I'm hoping for a June '06 relase of ArmA. That's all. If it's delayed again I'll just buy an Xbox and glue myself to OfpE.

I havent really cared about game2 since E3 '05. I've realised that it wont be out for a long time, so to me it doesnt matter if the game is delayed a year or two.

I'm voting for a June release. What? There's no democracy on these forums, you tell me? crazy_o.gif

ot: hi there, westy. Too sad our TWC gaming group doesn't get started.

I'm hoping for a June '06 relase of ArmA. That's all. If it's delayed again I'll just buy an Xbox and glue myself to OfpE.

I havent really cared about game2 since E3 '05. I've realised that it wont be out for a long time, so to me it doesnt matter if the game is delayed a year or two.

I Agree I think ArmA will be released in June. I depending on the two sites which have ArmA in booking in advance with June release date. But delay is possible  goodnight.gif

I think August or September (yes, I know that is not H1).

I also foresee this thread getting locked in the near future like all other ''release date'' threads are.

I don't usually post on subjects such as these but I must say that we will probably not see the game this year.

When Flashpoint came out in June 2001, there was alot info about the game, that previous March, including a playable demo. How much publicity can be created in three months? Honestly, the main purchasers of this game, as it stands now, will be us fans becuase there is not enough time to attact others. I am more than a little nervous over this.

I know BIS is busy, but I do think that our fears need to be assuaded and the word kept alive, especially over here (USA) where games like the BF and Battlefront series sell millions of copies.

--Ben

29 June probably...  tounge2.gif

The game looks like its finished, they are probably just tweaking things and fixing bugs  smile_o.gif

I'm guessing itll be released in late May but since I live in the US then probably June-Mid July. Game2 sounds amazing, but ArmA will be good enough to keep me occupied for a few years. I just need something good to play after school's out, this year has been crazy. ArmA will be a welcome gift notworthy.gif .

My money is on a May release. pistols.gif

Specifically May 10th, it's got to be.

yeah, would be logical with May 10th..

*hint* what date does the mission editor start at? wink_o.gif

or may 8th (what date does the CWC campaign start?) biggrin_o.gif

no, seriously, i think may 10th or end of june.

if not we would recive the "delayed" messege within 3 weeks 8before the end of mars)

Hate to be Mr. Negative here but considering that they just got a publisher (if that is confirmed?), they need to do some pre-sale activities such as media coverage, public beta, demos and such so I belive they're aiming at a november release to get the xmas sales. Summertime isn't exactly the peak of software-sales.

Hopefully we'll see some demoes and more publicity during the summer though.

I really doubt that they will release a public beta mainly because the game isn't really that much different to OFP:E.

A feature demo might show up when the game is released.

Nothing I've seen points to any date at all... there is a relative lack of information out there...

But April would be a good birthday present wink_o.gifwink_o.gif

It will never be released. They will let out screenshots and interviews for about 4-5 more years and then break out the camera crew telling us we've been punked.

sad_o.gif

We've seen this pattern with OFP:E, there's a few bits and pieces of info, then a blackout for a while, then the 'gold' announcement. Hope it's the same pattern anyway.. That would mean we ARE 1-3 months away, as the topic says.

GO BIS GO notworthy.gifyay.gif

Hate to be Mr. Negative here but considering that they just got a publisher (if that is confirmed?), they need to do some pre-sale activities such as media coverage, public beta, demos and such so I belive they're aiming at a november release to get the xmas sales. Summertime isn't exactly the peak of software-sales.

Hopefully we'll see some demoes and more publicity during the summer though.

I can't see the problem with summer release. I mean I want it sooner, but even if they'd release ArmA summer, I'd sell good. Both BF2 and GTA:SA was released in the beginning of summer. Remember? Of course, they are better known titles, but even if the fans buy ArmA, that means about 1-1.5 million sales.

Well E3 is near, and BIS goes to just about every one of them if my memory serves me right - just they have not announced it yet for this year.

I think we'll know for sure at E3.

I do not think the want to aim for mid summer for release. this are simply not good selling time when most of the people on the beach or travelling in hollydays.

So say either before summertime or after that.

I also hope they release a playable demo, that is what it gote me addicted to OFP since June 2001. Lol I just realized I am on this forums since August 2001  welcome.gif

Anyway, the very important thing is that they teake their time and make a bug free release and we do not repeat the experience of the first 6 months of 2001 where having an MP game of 3 people was an odysea and game crashed every 5 minutes.

Lets wait for a really stable and bug free base game so the comunity can "tunne it" later.

Anyway BIS is surely mgoing to make big cash this time because OFP comunity would move in mass to buy the new game!!

So please BIS do it right this time!!

No publisher and nothing else but an interview and few pics. I'd say that we are damn lucky if it even comes out this year. yay.gif

No publisher and nothing else but an interview and few pics. I'd say that we are damn lucky if it even comes out this year. yay.gif

Look at what they did with OFP:E, there was no news at all except for some blurry cam movie and some outdated pics, then suddenly a +-1 month before release some previews and then the game was out.

They are probably going to do the same for ArmA...  huh.gif

EDIT: We already have the blurry movie and some outdated pics, hell, even new pics! We are so lucky! wink_o.gif