Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Need testers for Operation Urup Campaign

"General Yazov" updated and available to download. Several changes and improvements: new initial armoured assault scheme, changes in defenses on some bases and the fuel truck is now unlocked for the player (AI will not try to capture it). All in all its difficulty level has grew up a bit.

Last version of "General Yazov" (individual mission) has a major flaw, the general was switched by a western spy. Apologizes for the inconvenience. While it is fixed the mission will not be available to download.

General Yazov ver March 18 fixed and available to download as individual mission again. Some surprises added also biggrin_o.gif

Hey,

I've been on these forums for a very long time now but decided to register since I'm following your campaign.

Two things I noticed during the General Yazov mission;

1: On the individual-updated version at the very beginning when a Soldier says; ''They're coming'' it goes into a 'cutscene' and wont come out of it.

2: When I reach the base where Yazov is with my tanks, all of my fuel is empty again..Don't know if this is supposed to happen so you take the base on foot but it's annoying hehe

Overall a great campaign and I'm gonna continue this afternoon

Hi Superball, the startup problem in "General Yazov" is already solved. In the March 18 version, the enemy general unit was mitakely switched by a western spy type unit. That fact triggered a scene where Yazov himself try to capture your men. The current (fixed) version is available to download since March 19.

The stolen fuel truck will give you enough fuel to storm the first town with your M1s and to destroy the T80s patrolling near the Yazov's base. Then you will run out of fuel again. Now you have a chance to capture some enemy armour at a new tank parking place behind the enemy artillery HQ (marked in the map). There are some other hidden enemy thanks at some bases (not really easy to find).

Thanks a lot for your testing. If you dont mind, I'll will include you too into the campaign intro testing list.

Begun to play your campaign, Mandoble. Like it what I saw so far; like the scenario or the plot, like the first mission ... I'll play it normally, for my satisfaction e.g. I won't play it like I'm beta testing it, but if I'll find something worthed to report, then ... "I'll be back!"

No problem Karantan, just consider I'm looking not only for present issues, but also for improvement suggestions. The only suggestions I'm not going to consider are any related to use non BIS addons (except editorUpdate).

NOTE: Currently, individual missions are being updated, not the final candidate full campaign file.

25 March updates:

"Intro (urup_prison)" - Testers list updated.

"First contact (urup_firstcontact)" - Enemy defense scheme changed in both islands. Now its a bit harder.

"Beachhead (urup_beachhead)" - More enemies comming stealthy, changes in enemy reinforcements aproach paths and timming.

"General Yazov (urup_yazov)" - All savegames available only from radio except the first one (dialog based). Enemy assault condition to NE island changed (now attacking the hinds base is an atractive option).

"SCUDs (urup_scuds)" - Enemy defense scheme changed in most bases and patrols.

"Cobra leader (urup_lider)" - Large enemy base added, fleeing civilians giving tips added, enemy defense scheme and counterattacks modified. Most enemy groups now have at least a LAW soldier (you may try to find out why whistle.gif ).

"The Mayor (urup_mayor)" - Now your plane will run out of fuel a bit earlier. Enemy defense scheme at NE base changed.

"The son of the cobra (urup_cobra)" - More defenders ready to counterattack your initial assault.

"Revenge (urup_revenge)" - Light effects added. You will reach Makarov's last outpost almost by night. This version is quite harder but much more immersive.

All the listed changes affect the individual mission downloads and will be incorporated into the upcomming full Urup campaign final candidate 3.

Operation Urup campaign

Enjoy biggrin_o.gif

Hi Mandoble

when do you released the final version Urup campaign final candidate 3?

I wanna play it and post it again on the best german OFP-Site tounge2.gif

Best wishes

Imutep

OFP.4players.de

Hi Imutep,

before Final candidate 3 release I'll wait a bit for some feedback about the current changes.

In the workst situation, expect a last update of some individual missions for the first half of next week and the full campaign for the next weekend. In the best situation, everything may be ready for this sunday.

Mandoble ill try to finish your campaign this weekend. lets see if i can give some suggestions. smile_o.gif

Thanks a lot Q. Remember that campaign file is outdated and only individual missios are being updated since March 18.

I'm looking also for a reasonable number of available savegames per mission. This number is currently 6 for every mission and may be too low for some of them.

OK,

I play it again today and give you this evening a feedback! wink_o.gif

Greetings

Imutep

OFP.4players.de

"Cobra leader" has a mandatory update today. Yesterday version does not allow you to rearm any stolen tank (if you decide to steal them), it is fixed now.

Download the new urup_lider mission only if you see the description of this problem fixed in the "Operation Urup updates" list. This is because my crappy ftp site delays a bit between uploading files and making them public, so you may be downloading again the old version banghead.gif