Version needed: OFP 1.96

Type: SP Campaign

Islands: Kolgujev and Nogova

Addons needed: Mikero's editor update

Number of missions: 10

Supported languages: english

For testing purposes the missions are available as individual downloads:

Operation Urup campaign

Bug reports and new ideas will be welcome.

will test it (converted to WGL mod though  wink_o.gif )

cheers mate  thumbs-up.gif

edit:

Quote[/b] ]2 - Place Operation_Urup.pbo file into your "OperationFlashpoint\Res\Campaigns" directory.

i cant find a link to the campaign file on your site.

just the links to the single mission.

right?

Hi Q.

Yes, you are right.

You can download the campaign missions as individual ones, it is just to ease up the testing process. Just copy the mission pbo files into your "Missions" folder as if they were not part of a campaign and play them as single player missions. If you dont want to mix them with your current SP missions, create a folder named "urup" inside your Missions folder and copy the Urup individual missions into it.

If you want to follow the campaign flow, play the missions in the order indicated in the web page: URUP: Escape from Sakhalin (campaign intro), First contact, Beachhead, General Yazov, SCUDs, Cobra leader, The mayor, Solid evidence, The son of the cobra, Revenge and Last take.

The last mission (Last take) is still under my own testing, I'll try to make it public today or tomorrow.

Thanks for your support.

Hi Mandoble

I was so free and post your Missions at our german OFP-Site wink_o.gif

I´m sure you can find here any tester who give you Feedback and Tipps.

Thanks and Greetings

Imutep

OFP.4players.de

Greeting Imutep.

I noticed you list three needed addons: JOF_Objects 1u2, EditorUpdate102Neu and Mikero´s Editor Update. From these, as far as I know, only Mikero's is needed.

I will appreciate very much the feedback of 4players.de members, but sadly I will not be able to reply to their comments, suggestion or bugs found there in german. They may use this thread or just the Urup beta discussion forum.

Thanks for your interest in this beta.

Good job, I added it to the newest FlashNews smile_o.gif

Very good job,

I got an error, Mayor Mission when i arrive at the airport with a yellow sport car :

"vehicle (list this select|#| 0) setfuel 0': Error list: Type Bool, waited object

Thanks EricFr.

I'm looking now for that error, meanwhile the campaign download will be down. Is that the only error you have found so far?

I am far from to have finished, the missions are longs and sometimes difficults. I do not have download the campaign but the missions individually

Ok EricFr. The individual missions are no longer availabe, only the full campaign version of first candidate to be the final release.

The problem you have found has been fixed, but, in any case, it will not affect the flow of your current mission (I assume you already recovered the first chemical warhead wink_o.gif )

If further problems are found, I'll post the individual mission files again, as well as if any of you have worthly sugestions to be implemented.

Thank you.

Mayor Mission :

the patrol of resistant on the second airport which moves in the closed sector don't react, they look at us, perhaps is this volunteer?

I will check. If you mean the "civil" terrorists, they will react as soon as you find and recover the last chemical warhead. If you mean the defenders of the terrorist base (resistance-like soldiers), they should react and kill all of you in a matter of few seconds wink_o.gif

I suppose you already joined with the reinforcements comming from main island, right?

In the terrorist base, the first patrol resistance-like soldiers don't react, they look at us and sometimes stop to move, and when i order to open fire that's easy to kill all of them ( i think they don't have the time to react). the guards and the other group near the building react normaly after a shoot or if they see us.

Yes i already joined with the reinforcements comming from main island.

Yes of course i already recovered the first chemical warhead

Mayor mission

After many tests only one of the soldiers patrol react only if he is injured.

I found the second box, strange nothing in the building and the box appear on my head when i arrive in the center !

I love every things in yours missions: atmosphere, surprises...

I continue...

Eric, once you found the second warhead (you are close enough to it) it will appear above your head, yep, you are transporting it. You should find a way to reach the safety of a small church in a small town to secure the warhead.

EDIT: Eric, the patrol is now more "agressive". All individual missions, with the update of "The Mayor" and "Intro" (urup_prison), will be available as individual downloads again as well as full campaign final candidate 2. Thanks a lot for your testing.

yes I know for the transport of object but the boxe it seems by magic, it is not on the ground before (thus it is under ground). Impossible to cross the bridge with the boxe, I am inserted below, I sent 2 men to take a boat. finished in the church with outstanding job.

I just crossed the bridge with the box, but I was driving the enemy truck, not by foot. Will try now by foot.

A question about the second warhead. Tell me if you noticed:

- The enemy porting the "box" got into the Mi17 at the SW airport and landed at the NE airport.

- Then he exited the Mi17, picked up a car and drove it into the enemy base.

Now he should transfer the box to an enemy official that will pickit up and hide it inside the big hangar. The box should be there and clearly vissible (not below the ground).

If you kill or wound the enemy porting the box (or destroy any vehicle used by him), the box will fall to the ground, break and the green gas will contaminate an enormous area around the box, killing all humans present in few minutes.

Certainly, if you got to the church it was a really outstanding job biggrin_o.gif

I saw Only the Mi17 go to the NE airport .For the rest impossible to see, the time to take off with the cesna and to land... For the "box" I am affirmative it is invisible in the building

Mission Solide evidence

Another hard mission

No bugs found

Crossing the bridge by foot in "The Mayor" with the warhead is now possible (you will transport the warhead, but you will not see it above your head).

Operation Urup final candidate 2 ready to download.

Individual missions available to download again: Intro (urup_prison) and The Mayor updated.

Operation Urup campaign

Mandoble respect for your outstanding work !

so far i played the first five missions or so - its on the same level

as CWC, ULTOC and Retalation Campaign thumbs-up.gif

great story, top notch intros and camera work and

of course excellent missions as well.

thanks for sharing that one with us notworthy.gif

ps: just one suggestion for missions 3 (i think) where you need to refuel the tanks - for some reasons the jeep was just manned by one soldier who got into the fuel truck, but nothing else happened. i took the jeep - he went out of the fuel truck and went into the jeep as cargo. then i drove back to the tanks. he re-entered the jeep and drove off to the town again. i got the message that now i could call the fuel trucks.

anyway i wouldnt make this so complicated. just let the player drive the fuel truck himself. AI is just too stupid from time to time.

Thanks for your comments Q. If you enjoied the Kolgujev missions, you will love the rest at Nogova (far better) wink_o.gif

Note that some of the missions have been already updated, you may check current modifications at Operation Urup campaign.

And I agree with you about "General Yazov" mission, the AI trying to steal the fuel truck in the middle of the enemy counterattack fails from time to time. It is supposed to steal the truck, bring it to a safer place East of the town and wait for your call to start refuelling your tanks. The main problem is that, sometimes and depending on where your tanks are left after running out of fuel, the fuel truck gets stuck between trees. In these cases, the AI keeps maneouvering it and crashing with trees until the truck is damaged. When this happens, your group will be "alone" against the T80 barrier West of that town and the resulting mission will be a lot harder.

The initial idea was to resolve all the fuel stealing using only AI to do not force your men to get into that town too early. The town itself is well defended and two different enemy groups will storm it if your side cleans the initial enemy defense group. At this stage of the mission is very important to keep most of your men alive. But certainly the more trusty option is to let the player to steal the truck, even if that means losing too many men too early.

Expect "General Yazov" updated in the following hours as individual mission download. I'm planning a new full campaign Final Candate 3 for the next week.