Sign in to follow this  
honchoblack

DMA TOYOTA WARS

Thank you Zayfod, I will add the mention of the update patch for ECP on the first page. wink_o.gif

I am thinking of adding more substitutions for the used vehicles, Shashman, they will find their way into future updates of the pack. smile_o.gif

And here for those that have all the needed addons for the Toyota Wars config mod:

DMA TOYOTA WARS CONFIG

Needed Addons:

ECP (1.085)

ECP (1.085e) Patch

DMA ARMY PACK

AKD ARMY PACK IMPROVED

RHS T-54/55 Pack and needed addons

Jam3

DMA CHAD, BUSHFIRE LIBYAN UNITS, DMA ME GUERILLAS, DMA ME CIVILIANS,

DMA TOYOTA TECHNICALS, DMA AFRICAN/MIDDLE EAST FACE PACK, DMA LIBYA 1.0

(download in the first post)

Install Instruction:

You need to have ECP installed correctly in your OFP folder, with a desktop shortcut pointing to it. You will also have to set up DMA ARMY and AKD DMA ARMY IMPROVED correctly installed.

Copy the "@ToyotaWars" folder to your OFP flashpoint folder, and address the foldername in your ECP desktop shortcut, as an additional modfolder.

Backup following files in your ECP folder: Dta/anims.pbo, Bin/config.ccp, Bin/resource.ccp

Copy the single additional addons needed into the @Toyotawars/addons folder (Leave DMA ARMY in its installed folder).

Now copy the "@ECP" folder to your OFP folder, or copy the included config.ccp resource.ccp and the anims.pbo and anim.pbo to the above mentioned folders.

Address the DMA ARMY modfolder and the DMA Libya modfolder to the desktop shortcut of your ECP, e.g.

D:\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nosplash -nomap -mod=res;@libya;@DMApackARMY;@toyotawars;@ecp

Its important that you list the @ECP at the last position, so that the new ECP config will be used

(If you want to use DMA Army with the included units, just position @DMApackARMY at the last position, and its config will be used)

Start the game with your ECP desktop shortcut, and play with the Toyota War unit replacement.

Have Fun smile_o.gif

hi honchoblack (and all other who were involved in it),

what should I say to this Addon?

It has become fantastic, unfathomably which feeling provides this Map. This is really unique notworthy.gif

Also there is no bigger performance problems. Really.

It does just fun to stay there inlove.gif

The contained units are also high-class and complete this Addon perfectly.

Many many thanks for this great work and everything which have helped in it !!!

bye

silola

*hangs head*

Is there another mirror other than filefront, I never found them to be too bad but for a while now any files from them start well then slow to about 2kb/s and freeze. Also, ofp.info links for the T55 pack don't work because I believe thier FTP#1 is down and I get a '421 Anonymous access not allowed' error from FTP#2. mad_o.gif

You should know that I am purchasing a new copy of OFP just to be able to play this mod, since I lost the CD-key of my old copy. Be flattered wink_o.gif

EDIT: I think I'll buy another 512MB RAM too, just to be sure...

biggrin_o.gif

Is there any way to cram all this stuff into a single mod folder?

I would like to avoid messing up my ECP installation all too much.

I don't understand this bit of your instructions huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]Backup following files in your ECP folder: Dta/anims.pbo, Bin/config.ccp, Bin/resource.ccp

Copy the single additional addons needed into the @Toyotawars/addons folder (Leave DMA ARMY in its installed folder).

Now copy the "@ECP" folder to your OFP folder, or copy the included config.ccp resource.ccp and the anims.pbo and anim.pbo to the above mentioned folders.

I've finally gotten each file downloaded and I must say I am more than impressed. Everything looks incredible and runs so smooth, is this even Flashpoint?

I was wondering though, are the troops supposed to have random faces, or is that not possible with the new Llauma's head model? Is there a game logic I'm supposed to be using perhaps?

Not a bug, but it seems the marksmen for all three sides use AKS74Us. Perhaps a different weapon might suite that role better?

Last thing I'll mention for this post, is there any chance for a new version of Bleed for Oil? I must confess I was really looking forward to an update to that terrrific mission.

Well I must be be off to deal with mundane daily task. I'm looking forward to playing a lot of missions on this new island tonight. I even have an idea for a mission I might pursue and release, though it takes me three hundred years to finish creating a mission heh heh.

Good job guys.

First head over to Avon Ladys OFP faq, and find out how modfolder work:

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpf....ers.htm

Once you understand the principle of how OFP addresses mods, the rest should be easy to accomplish. It seems that you are trying to copy files where they are not suppossed to be. Look at the files from the download, look in what folders they are, and then look at your ofp/ecp folder. Do you find the same files that are in the provided with the downloaded ECP folder? Those are the files that need to be replaced.

The other files in the Toyota wars folder can be put in any modfolder of your liking, but I stronlgly suggest NOT to copy them into your RES/ADDONS folder, either use the modfolder provided with the download, or make a own one, or use the one from the DMA Army pack. Make sure that if you copy the needed addons to other mod folders that they belong into the howeveryourmodfolderiscalled/addons folder.

DO NOT copy the provided ECP files from the download there, they have to go in the same places like the files that are in ECP. ECP files are different than the needed addons for the Toyota wars mod, they have to be placed in the default ECP folder, else the mod wont work.

If you still cant get it to work, go back to Avon Ladys FAQ on how to make modfolders. Leave your OFP/ADDONS and OFP/RES/ADDONS folders tidy, always use modfolders.

Is there any way to cram all this stuff into a single mod folder?

I would like to avoid messing up my ECP installation all too much.

I left my ECP folder untouched as its AKDs Improved DMAArmy and the main mod I run the game with.

I created a toyota mod folder called @TW with an @ECP mod folder inside it. I then copied my ECP files to the copy of ECP and replaced the appropriate files with those from TW. I have all my DMA files in a folder called @DMA. My shortcut (after the nosplash/no map, etc.) looks like "=@TW/@ECP;@DMA. Though you could just put all the addon files in the new ECP addon folder instead of DMA how I did.

So now I can run my original DMAArmy+ECP or Toyotawars+ECP without changing configs.

well im confused do you install the toyota wars and libya subfolders to the ecp mod folders, can you add all addons to the ecp addons folders instead and then changed the bin and data with the mod ones. i'm just confused because i can get it to work, and have all addons i believe but i changed the config with the toyota wars one. please help.

First head over to Avon Ladys OFP faq, and find out how modfolder work:

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpf....ers.htm

Once you understand the principle of how OFP addresses mods, the rest should be easy to accomplish. It seems that you are trying to copy files where they are not suppossed to be. Look at the files from the download, look in what folders they are, and then look at your ofp/ecp folder. Do you find the same files that are in the provided with the downloaded ECP folder? Those are the files that need to be replaced.

The other files in the Toyota wars folder can be put in any modfolder of your liking, but I stronlgly suggest NOT to copy them into your RES/ADDONS folder, either use the modfolder provided with the download, or make a own one, or use the one from the DMA Army pack. Make sure that if you copy the needed addons to other mod folders that they belong into the howeveryourmodfolderiscalled/addons folder.

DO NOT copy the provided ECP files from the download there, they have to go in the same places like the files that are in ECP. ECP files are different than the needed addons for the Toyota wars mod, they have to be placed in the default ECP folder, else the mod wont work.

If you still cant get it to work, go back to Avon Ladys FAQ on how to make modfolders. Leave your OFP/ADDONS and OFP/RES/ADDONS folders tidy, always use modfolders.

I understand the practice of creating and launching mod folders, I've been doing so for 4 years now lol, but it's just what not to touch, what to put where, what to launch first, second, third, etc that's confusing me. huh.gifhelp.gifconfused_o.gif

This mod is absolutely fantastic.

Everything you DMA guys have made so far kicks major *ss and changes the entire OFP experience. A zillion thanks !

<s>

For peeps confused, here are links to the Bin and Dta folders to be put in the @ECP directory if you want to use the various DMA mods :

All these configs will enable you to lean, if you have the DMA_lean.pbo and dmapistolean.pbo in one Addons folder ; if you want to use the entire set of DMA animations, add your anim.pbo into the Dta folders of the packs above.

So basically : back up your original @ECP Bin and Dta folders. Copy and paste the ones above into your @ECP folders. Play.

Hope this helps !</s>

[EDIT]Links removed not to add to general confusion. My apologies to DMA, just wanted to help, but this may have been counter-productive. Take care.

after playing a while with this wonder of the nature , i have to say that i have never seen such beautiful screens in OFP , really awesome , the island , the units , the animations , the voices , this is just a movie notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

thank you veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery much !!!

This mod is absolutely fantastic.

Everything you DMA guys have made so far kicks major *ss and changes the entire OFP experience. A zillion thanks !

For peeps confused, here are links to the Bin and Dta folders to be put in the @ECP directory if you want to use the various DMA mods :

<ul>

[*]DMA pack Army with ECP (if you have @DMApackARMY)

[*]DMA pack Naval with ECP (if you have @DMApackNAVAL)

[*]DMA Toyota Wars with ECP (if you have all the addons required)

All these configs will enable you to lean ; if you want to use the entire set of DMA animations, add your anim.pbo into the Dta folders of the packs above.

So basically : back up your original @ECP Bin and Dta folders. Copy and paste the ones above into your @ECP folders. Play.

Hope this helps !

Thanks a lot mate, makes things much simpler lol thumbs-up.gif

*runs off excited to try his new toy*

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It honestly makes all those long nights working and the wife complaining a little less painful.

The toyotas should (key word here is "SHOULD") be fixed this week and sent to Honcho this weekend for an update in the future.

Sputnik

There are about a dozen random faces for the Africans and about a dozen for the Libyans. Also there are a dozen or so Libyan camo faces and 3 african camo faces (I felt more than 3 would be a waste of resources).

The driver units in the Toy Wars mod have SET faces due to the face switching bug with Llauma's heads and associated scripts for avatars starting in vehicles always having the BIS heads show up. Not perfect, but better than nothing.

If you are seeing too many twins with the addons, it's a random thing due to only having 12 heads for each type to swap out. Some will be duplicated.

If your looking at vehicle drivers that start in the vehicles and they don't have random faces, then it's not a bug, but a feature to keep the BIS heads from being applied to the units.

Thanks again for the kinds words and the bug reports.

Sputnik, also if you read the previous pages you will see where the AK74-SU usage has already been discussed. If you run a DMA mod then they are scoped versions.

I cant download DMApackARMY from filefront. Its slow and then it freezes. Its the last file needed for the whole pack.

I cant download from any ftp with my connection.. Can anybody help?

Edit:Finally Filefront worked! It took me "only" 2 days to get that file..

Edit: Ooops wrong thread... crazy_o.gif Yes, Shashman.. tounge2.gif

Edit2: Damn typos....

@williec:

I've noticed that the Toyota's body doesn't really exist, when it comes to bullets. You can shoot right through and see the bullet hit the dirt underneath. I know the argument can be made that this may actually be realistic, but it also makes it more difficult to actually damage the vehicle w/ direct fire. Really, the only way to damage it is by grenades or some other explosion which causes indirect damage. I know the Taliban truck had the same problem, but Wolf's Toyota actually reacted to bullets. Just wondering if your trucks will stay that way, or if that was a fix that was coming?

Either way, obviously not a show stopper. They're a great addon regardless. Thanks a bunch for sharing them with all of us.

@williec:

I've noticed that the Toyota's body doesn't really exist, when it comes to bullets.  You can shoot right through and see the bullet hit the dirt underneath.  I know the argument can be made that this may actually be realistic, but it also makes it more difficult to actually damage the vehicle w/ direct fire.  Really, the only way to damage it is by grenades or some other explosion which causes indirect damage.  I know the Taliban truck had the same problem, but Wolf's Toyota actually reacted to bullets.  Just wondering if your trucks will stay that way, or if that was a fix that was coming?  

Either way, obviously not a show stopper.  They're a great addon regardless.  Thanks a bunch for sharing them with all of us.

No, those will be fixed.

Can you say for certain that you can shoot through every truck?

Again, it's a very odd error as every truck had the exact lods copied and pasted in, then changed slightly for things such as the DSHKs.

Very odd sad_o.gif

But suffice it to say that it will be fixed and that we are going to fire our beta testers. Geez, hard to find good help nowadays nener.gif

Our OFPL Lechistan has more than a fair share of easter eggs.

Tonal has some too... The giant Eye of Ra painted on the ground in the middle of desert, cut off head on the pole. whistle.gif

Martins DC-3 ... that's my favorite, you can flush the water in the toilet. biggrin_o.gif

Wrong thread syndrome? crazy_o.gifwhistle.gifnener.gif

I'm going crazy here.

I don't know what I need to download to have the mod, there is like 50 zillion files to download on the first page

Small bugs:

DMA_Bug01.jpg

As an officer you can see your "cap" on top of the screen.

It blocks a lot of your view.

---

Then, you can have nvg's OR binocular, not both together.

MfG Lee

Quote[/b] ]Sputnik, also if you read the previous pages you will see where the AK74-SU usage has already been discussed. If you run a DMA mod then they are scoped versions.

Ahh ok, my personal config is a lightly modified version of the DMA army pack. I changed all the weapons back to the type they were in BIS's config, for example I changed the SR25 back into a M21 and used the model from Lasers US weapons. So in my config the AKS74U is just a scopeless AKS74U from the ORCs pack.

I've also noticed what Lee mentioned about the Binoculars and NVgoggles. You can have one but not the other for some reason.

I hope you don't take these comments negatively. Just pointing out small bugs, I'm not trying to demean anything. The addons are incredible. They seriously don't look like flashpoint to me, I mean I feel like I'm playing a completely new game. I can't believe how smooth they run also.

I'm going crazy here.

I don't know what I need to download to have the mod, there is like 50 zillion files to download on the first page

me too confused_o.gif I cant play this yet, so many links its confusing me as to which ones to download

Can anyone tell me if there are any missions included apart from those 3 unofficial ones?

thx in advance... help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif