Sign in to follow this  
honchoblack

DMA TOYOTA WARS

LOL I've been searching for the past hour or so for exactly that. i've only managed to find a decent car door opening and closing sound so far crazy_o.gif

Anyone got a good toyota truck engine sound?

Try Sigma\INQ GMC oldtruck or many of the other cars out there wink_o.gif

*edit whatever happend with Sigma`s other cars pack???

Only answer if you know something else we get to offtopic whistle.gif

Buy a similar toyota I would suggest and record the engine sound biggrin_o.gif

How about a jet sound instead?

Whats with the bad help?

crazy_o.gif

No bad help...the lack of toyota technicals is the problem...dunno what sound the toyota linux has, try that one.

OMG I just tried this out together with FFUR 2006 and the ACU units, lybia map and DMA units are awesome together. I already had great firefights withs enemy's on the rooftops in that one 'white' city. You should have more cities with those buildings, btw. Those are AWESOME. Best build-up area I've seen in OFP untill this day.

Black hawk down missions and MOUT missions are back in business. Thanks DMA!! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

@Shashman

Thanks.

That's perfect. smile_o.gif

Don't thank me, send me what you did when it's done tounge2.gifwhistle.gif

biggrin_o.gif

I checked all pages of the topic quickly but haven't seen anyone reporting the following 2 things yet:

1. Viewing the toyota from outside with (or without) a driver in it, there's no steering wheel visible.

2. In the unitlist there's no icon for those members which are in a toyota, neither as driver nor as cargo.

found the hotel Dummy. People all so look for the Hospital in citys. Pretty nifty. Dont need a medic anymore

For all you whinning for more desert camo vehicles... BRDM-2!! :P

dmabrdm24dh.jpg

It's just a 15-minutes totally FICTIONAL repaint so don't expect any nifty uber-features. I've taken the freedom to use DMA tag for it, I hope you don't mind that, Honcho. wink_o.gif

Right click me (Save as...) 3MB

Credits: Offtime, me, Jack_410

That is exactly how it works, just change the extension, and voila you updated your mission to the new map. wink_o.gif

The old one is NOT compatible with the new one, best is to delete it, its no longer needed/supported.

Ahh, excellent. Thanks for the reply.

Alright, I assume you know how to unpbo and repack again.

You have to unpack config.cpp from DMA_toy1.pbo.

Then open it with a notepad or other text editor.

Search for the following lines:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

soundEngine[]={"Vehicles\HMMWV",0.1,1.2};

soundGetIn[]={"Vehicles\CarGetIn.ogg",0.01,1};

soundGetOut[]={"Vehicles\CarGetOut.ogg",0.01,1};

Replace each occurence with:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

soundEngine[]={\humr\HMMWVengine,db-25,1.25};

soundGetIn[]={"Vehicles\get_in",0.0003162,1};

soundGetOut[]={"Vehicles\get_out",0.0003162,1};

(Of course you can use any other sound of your choice...).

Repack again and you're ready to roll. whistle.gif

Do the volume levels matter? I've found some sound effects I like and will use, but these volume levels confuse me whistle.gif

Volumes matter a lot , in fact they define how far in the island a sound will be heard.

Not high enough and even the object making the sound will have difficulty to hear itself.

Too high, and the whole island will hear the sound.

It is more trial&error tests to find the right level.

Oh, and very thanks to ag_smith, i am sure such vehicle will perfectly integrate itself within the environments of Honchoblack's island.

OK so what I have now is

soundEngine[]={"\dma_toy1\enginesound.ogg",0.1,1.2};

soundGetIn[]={"\dma_toy1\closedoor.ogg",0.01,1};

soundGetOut[]={"\dma_toy1\closedoor.ogg",0.01,1};

But I can't hear anything huh.gif

What's the maximum value, and what would you suggest, based on other similar vehicles' values (like the HMMWV for instance)?

I could dePBO another addon to have a look, but I'll be perfectly honest with you in saying that it's 4AM, it takes ages to rePBO it, and I don't think I really want to be doing that right now tounge2.gifgoodnight.gif

Cant download this file attall, everytime i try to download the 109mb file on filefront it always stops downloading , first time i started downloading it stopped at 98%, second time 74%, third time 56% fourth time 49% and 5th time im downloading it now and im pretty sure it will stop downloading soon. are there any better links anywhere?

I had the same issue with the Libya map, still dont have it, everytime would slow and stop...

And the German mirrors fail to connect for me, socket error 550 or something crazy_o.gif

no wait they havent stopped i just realise its going at 112byts per second

For all you whinning for more desert camo vehicles... BRDM-2!! :P

[im]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6736/dmabrdm24dh.jpg[/img]

It's just a 15-minutes totally FICTIONAL repaint so don't expect any nifty uber-features. I've taken the freedom to use DMA tag for it, I hope you don't mind that, Honcho. wink_o.gif

Right click me (Save as...) 3MB

Credits: Offtime, me, Jack_410

How could I mind such a nice donation, I think that the BRDM2 looks great. Thanks alot for that, just what the map needed, it fits the theme perfectly, the usual AG Smith high quality work (I woulndt expect any different from you). thumbs-up.gif

For all those experiencing problems with the download of the DMA Libya map and the DMA Toyota Wars pack, I am uploading the files to the other fileplanet mirrors (belgium and australia). So once that is up, I will publish the links, I hope that a server near you will serve the files with better speed. But unfortunatly the filefront seems to be quite slow these days, so it will take some time to finish. wink_o.gif

May I just suggest to add the link in the first post? So that more people could find it... Thank you for your nice comments. wink_o.gif