Sign in to follow this  
honchoblack

DMA TOYOTA WARS

Hi,

I have a little problem. That Toyota´s doesn´t have sounds. It is my mistake? goodnight.gif

no.....the team is aware of it........and their working on a fix....

Amazing work! I've been looking forward to this for some time, and it's exactly what I'd hoped. notworthy.gif

Just out of curiosity, are all the Marksmen supposed to have AK-74SUs? That seems a bit odd to me...

3 things:

1. Why does a marksman have a AK-47SU, and not a weapon with scope?*

2. Can't find any hotel, must keep looking. I bet it's out in the middle of no where tounge2.gif

3. Darn. Still no mirrors for the Toyota.

Great work everyone involved in this. Really great!

*astano said "all marksmen", I actually just tested one, so maybe I'm not to say anything.

Hmm, was riding the Toyota (no funny buisniess) and all the sudden I died. Was more and more hurt, and then, I just fell out of the truck.

Is it supposed to be that way or is it a bug?

smile_o.gif

did you guys also think about making it compatible to the second rifle solution offered by kylesarnik

For all you guys still having problems with download, this mirror probided kindly by Mr Burns works like a charm form me. Just tested it again and I'm getting 200kB/s here. smile_o.gif

The hotels are out there, where hotels usually are... in the cities. Same with a few other hidden 'features'. smile_o.gif

... and please, everybody, we DO KNOW about the Toyota no sound bug, I'm pretty sure Honcho will have the fix ready for us as soon as all other major bugs are reported. tounge2.gif

In the meantime, could you give a n00b's guide to using your own sound? whistle.giftounge2.gif

Alright, I assume you know how to unpbo and repack again.

You have to unpack config.cpp from DMA_toy1.pbo.

Then open it with a notepad or other text editor.

Search for the following lines:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

soundEngine[]={"Vehicles\HMMWV",0.1,1.2};

soundGetIn[]={"Vehicles\CarGetIn.ogg",0.01,1};

soundGetOut[]={"Vehicles\CarGetOut.ogg",0.01,1};

Replace each occurence with:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

soundEngine[]={\humr\HMMWVengine,db-25,1.25};

soundGetIn[]={"Vehicles\get_in",0.0003162,1};

soundGetOut[]={"Vehicles\get_out",0.0003162,1};

(Of course you can use any other sound of your choice...).

Repack again and you're ready to roll. whistle.gif

I'm getting model.special errors on all the units when I try to use them...

Did I install them wrong?

I simply took them all and put them into my res/addons folder and they won't work?

Alright, I assume you know how to unpbo and repack again.

You have to unpack config.cpp from DMA_toy1.pbo.

Then open it with a notepad or other text editor.

Search for the following lines:

soundEngine[]={"Vehicles\HMMWV",0.1,1.2};

soundGetIn[]={"Vehicles\CarGetIn.ogg",0.01,1};

soundGetOut[]={"Vehicles\CarGetOut.ogg",0.01,1};

Replace each occurence with:

soundEngine[]={\humr\HMMWVengine,db-25,1.25};

soundGetIn[]={"Vehicles\get_in",0.0003162,1};

soundGetOut[]={"Vehicles\get_out",0.0003162,1};

(Of course you can use any other sound of your choice...).

Repack again and you're ready to roll. whistle.gif

Thanks, will do that smile_o.gif

If I wanted to use my own engine sound, what would the properties of the .ogg file have to be?

3 things:

2. Can't find any hotel, must keep looking. I bet it's out in the middle of no where tounge2.gif

3. Darn. Still no mirrors for the Toyota.

Great work everyone involved in this. Really great!

*astano said "all marksmen", I actually just tested one, so maybe I'm not to say anything.

That was a decision by Honcho. With I think the DMA ECP replacement you get the SU with the scope, so it was kept that way. I think it may be changed for those who don't use any other DMA work.

Hmm, was riding the Toyota (no funny buisniess) and all the sudden I died. Was more and more hurt, and then, I just fell out of the truck.

smile_o.gif

It happened to me also, but I observe it as OFP bug, when the speed is higher than regular for a Man class unit that is not in a vehicle and you touch the ground the engine damages you, if you go too fast and touch the ground it kills you, you probably clipped trough the floor of Toyota and touched the ground at some point (Jump or some bump on the road).

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Love the addons and especially the island....

Just thought i'd ask if you guys would mind me using some of your buildings for my island....AN NAJAF- Iraq??

Please let me know if its ok.

Some of those models would look sweet on the streets of najaf. smile_o.gif

Wery nice pack you gave us now there is time for me to make some Chad-Lybia war and in the middle of this war is Foreign Legion taking flames out in Legion way,...

Nice one again!

This stuff is perfect ! Will there be a missile featured toyota ? :P

3 things:

That was a decision by Honcho. With I think the DMA ECP replacement you get the SU with the scope, so it was kept that way. I think it may be changed for those who don't use any other DMA work.

Exactly, I fitted the units using the DMA ARMY pack, which I normaly use as default. So for an update its no problem to fit the units with a scoped weapon. wink_o.gif

Thank you AG Smith for the provided Toyota missing sound fix. This will give those that miss the sound the possibility to fix it untill the update fixing all encountered problems will appear. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Will there be a missile featured toyota ?

Not planned yet, but would be nice to have, as well as alot of other versions (AA etc).

Quote[/b] ]Hmm, was riding the Toyota (no funny buisniess) and all the sudden I died. Was more and more hurt, and then, I just fell out of the truck.

Not intended that way, its one of the flaws that can occur when you drive in steep terrain. The unit gets clipped into the toyota, which is "solid", thus hurts the unit. The problem can only be reduced by using a getpitch function. I have such a version, the downside of it is, that till now the AI driver unit gets confused by it, so it was exchanging one bug for another. But the problem is known, and I will see to get the getpitch function implemented without confussing the driver.

Quote[/b] ]did you guys also think about making it compatible to the second rifle solution offered by kylesarnik

I gave it a thought, but didnt find the time/forgot about it prior to release. May be included in the update of the units. wink_o.gif

And a side note regarding the Toyota War mission pack by Tacrod. It needs the CTI markers, the DAC engine calls for it, Tacrod forgot to add it to the needed addon list of the mission pack. wink_o.gif

Download CTI markers here:

http://cr-ofp.dyndns.org/index.php?view=285

Ahhhhhhhh that's why I've been getting a marker related error everytime I entered MP crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Could I get an answer to my question regarding engine and vehicle sounds? I can find sounds to sue but I need a lil info (I've never done a sound replacement before) like how long, quality, etc... smile_o.gif

First of all, this looks fantastic. Only had a few seconds to open it up, but so far...wow. Thank you very much to all that were involved.

One quick question. I don't see it mentioned in the readme, and haven't seen in mentioned in all 8 pages, but is this Libya map not compatible w/ the old one (Libya_256)? I've got 9 or so missions on that old map, and if there's a way to move them over, it'd be a big help. Not sure if just changing the extension on the mission folder from "Libya_256" to "DMA_Libya" would actually work.

That is exactly how it works, just change the extension, and voila you updated your mission to the new map. wink_o.gif

The old one is NOT compatible with the new one, best is to delete it, its no longer needed/supported.

Was bored to death, made this little addition for the "Gate House" since I found no gates in the Libya objects .pbo file, I hope it's useful to someone.

Picture

Download [~150KB]

Also, I found the "Hotel", for all of you who are still looking for it:

Don't look for the different building, it looks like all of the other buildings.