Sign in to follow this  
lee_h._oswald

Diesel's A-10 Addon and CTD Problem

Hi all.

You all know the great A-10 aircraft addon made by Diesel.

If you don't know which addon I mean, take a look:

Here! (OFP.info engl. cookies)

---

As some of you know, this addon has a big problem:

Some ppl get a CTD(Crash to Desktop) using this aircraft.

I put it in a CTI mission and we also have those CTD's without any error messages.

It happens with the grey and the green versions.

Old Topic about this addon.(click)

As this is the best A-10 addon available it would be nice to use it in a mission.

---

So, if anyone has a clue what is causing those CTD's or know how to fix it, please help.

Diesel, are you still reading here?

Thanks for any help!

MfG Lee sad_o.gif

What version of the addon are you using, along with everyone else on the server. I have never experienced a problem with the DSL's A-10, I think the latest version was 1.2.

IIRC, TheAvonLady (where the devil is she btw?? huh.gif haven't seen her in ages) came up with a fix for this problem, unfortunately this was quite a while back and I can't give you anymore info than that sad_o.gif

Tried doing a search?

What version of the addon are you using, along with everyone else on the server. I have never experienced a problem with the DSL's A-10, I think the latest version was 1.2.

We are all using the latest(?) Version, which is:

Quote[/b] ]

25 November 2004

A-10A Thunderbolt II

version 1.11

by Diesel

We have read the whole 20pages long thread about the A-10 and at the end, the problem is not fixed.

Avon sent a error report to BIS and the answer was something like: "Problem with textures".

MfG Lee

On this thread, i found this

Glide (or 3Dfx cards) require that the texture aspect ratio is lower than 8, and the dedicated server checks this for some reason.

In the Diesel A10, a quick texview usage on the .paa and .pac show me at least 1 texture :

Dol.pac that is 256x2048 (so exactly a 8 ratio, not lower than 8)

this file exist in the DSL_a10\Dgn and DSL_a10\Gy

No idea if there are more of those 8 or more ratio texures, as there are a very lot of texture to check in the DSL_a10 and i don't have any time to spend on this.

This may be why the A10 can crash when put in servers.

Diesel is in the Army for a 'while'. tounge2.gif

I also experience that bug, but it happens to me only with they grey version. It happens in SP as well, so I doubt it's about texture aspect ratio. Have no idea how to fix it. Maybe it's caused by some non-planar faces in the model? huh.gif

On this thread, i found this
Glide (or 3Dfx cards) require that the texture aspect ratio is lower than 8, and the dedicated server checks this for some reason.

In the Diesel A10, a quick texview usage on the .paa and .pac show me at least 1 texture :

Dol.pac that is 256x2048 (so exactly a 8 ratio, not lower than 8)

this file exist in the DSL_a10\Dgn and DSL_a10\Gy

No idea if there are more of those 8 or more ratio texures, as there are a very lot of texture to check in the DSL_a10 and i don't have any time to spend on this.

This may be why the A10 can crash when put in servers.

texture rations of 8 or greater will always crash dedicated servers. If diesels aircraft use them, then they need to rectified

in my experience it is sometimes possible just to change the aspect ration to something else, without the need to realign them in O2. What you'll need to do is convert the offending paa/pac to tga, resize them in photoshop to a better ratio, and then repack as the same file (overwriting them) - repbo it and test.

if you're lucky, the textures will still look ok and not out of place.

Thanks all, I try the texture thingy and test it on our server this weekend.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Ok, we made a quick test with 3ppl, playing CTI with a lot of $$$ and a lot of A10. smile_o.gif

I changed all textures with that "wrong" ratio, which are only 3.

We uploaded it to our server and the user downloaded the changed version also.

---

The two ppl had CTD's the other rounds, but not today.

Maybe it's to early to party, but it looks very promising!

PNP_A10.jpg

---

We will test it tomorrow with the grey version

MfG Lee smile_o.gif