Sign in to follow this  
Thomas Ryan

I need opinions for my campaign please!

Hi, my name is Thomas Ryan, I'm new to the forums and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I need help with a campaign I'm thinking of. I will simply be titled "The Marines" but I was wondering, before I even think of the missions and content, I need to know whether people will want to play it with SafetyCatch's USMC or Suchey&Earl's Marine Assault Pack. Any oppinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks! biggrin_o.gif

If the nations involved are USA and Soviet Union then the Suchey&Earl's Marine Assault Pack should be the best choice for addons dependancy.

Otherwise go with the SafetyCatch's ones.

Klavan

I believe Earl&Suchey's Marine pack is more widely used than SafetyCatch's, and I for one prefer the Earl&Suchey textures and model... but.. the next version of SafetyCatch's marines is planned with a drag script for wounded soldiers, which could add a lot to the campaign.. we won't leave no man behind.. and the entry group of marines looks pretty sweet..

Hi klavan, thanks for your suggestion! biggrin_o.gif Acctualy, I was going to have it with the Russian Federation represented by ORCS Russian Federation addons. Also, I may have some sort of militia involved possibly represented by Saddam's Chechen Rebels v1.5 so that it's compatable with ORCS units (using the same weapons etc.)

Thanks again mate! wink_o.gif

Hi Xcess, thanks for your oppinion, I think it would be good to go with SafetyCatch's but as you say, unless it's released, I should wait for the dragging script to come along. Also, since it's a modern scenario SafetyCatch's fit nicely into modern day units.

Thanks again mate! wink_o.gif

Sorry for the double post, I'm new to this

What kind of plot or storyline are you thinking of?

I Was just thinking about some modern MFR stuff you could do. That would be interesting.

For Example

-Your squad is sent in to Nigeria to destroy a nuclear arms factory and disarm a corrupt tyrant

-although being a political sensitive situation the operation is indented to be 100% covert and blackbag/blackop material

-MRF (Marine Force Recon) is sent in but the operation fails and your squad is stuck in enemy territory with nobody to help you but each other- the US government denies you exist

-Now you have to finish your mission get back home

(I thought of this storyline in 2 minutes based of the Rock and Black Hawk Down)

Addon?

-Saftey Catch Marines

-Bas choppers (for insertion and gunships)

-CBT HMMWVs and other cars

-Tonal insurgents and militia for OPFOR

-RHS for light OPFOR apcs

-Afgan Everon for a map maybe?

-Mapfact Military objects for effects

Just an idea take it or leave it ( I think of this stuff late at night for some reason...)

*Edit: I've changed the whole idea because with the addon list generated for this campaign, most people wont want to download it. I'll update this topic once I've figured out a new plot for my campaign.

I wish to say thanks to everyone who gave me ideas, sugestions, critisicms, comments and opinions. Thanks again.

In the words of the Terminator "I'll be back". biggrin_o.gif

Okay, I've decided that I wont use any 3rd Party addons for this Campaign. (Some addons require other addons so that the mission scenario looks right and I don't want a huge list of required addons for this Campaign because people wont want to have to download them all only for the Campaign sad_o.gif )

However, I don't have a story or name for my Campaign so any suggestions for this would be greatly appreciated! thumbs-up.gif

Thanking you in advance biggrin_o.gif !

P.S: I will also be making it ine ECP so that people can play it in ECP and normal OFP.

Okay, I've decided that I wont use any 3rd Party addons for this Campaign.

So no more marines I guess?

Hi HOBOMAN,

First, let me say, thanks again for your last post. Now, refering to this post, I might use standard OFP units but call them Marines (Like in the Too Young To Die Campaign) so that I can still maintain that certain sense. I've thought up an idea but I'm not so sure it's very realistic, here it is anyway.

-The U.S President could not get authorization from the U.S Army Generals to send in a full military attack.

- Since the President has complete control over the Marines though, he sends them in instead.

Any suggestions, criticisms, complements or opinions are welcome. The more the marrier in this case LOL biggrin_o.gif !

Thanks HOBOMAN!

P.S: If you have any ideas for a name for this Campaign it will also be greatly appreciated.

I've thought up an idea but I'm not so sure it's very realistic, here it is anyway.

-The U.S President could not get authorization from the U.S Army Generals to send in a full military attack.

- Since the President has complete control over the Marines though, he sends them in instead.

Sorry to say but that doesn't make any sense. The president would not have the authority complete control only a single department of the branch of the DOD.

Along the lines of what you're thinking...

-Because of recent conflict in the region, a internation cease fire treaty has restricted any military occupation in the region

-However, the US knows that the enemy is hiding troops and weapons in the DMZ

-Because the US does not have time to request authorization from the UN for a coalition force, a covert operation is planned invovling MFR to eliminate the threat with out the world knowing

Also the BIS soldiers wouldn't make a good replacement for the marines, why?

-First off they're 1985 era NATO soldiers, so you couldn't work in a modern setting

-Secondly, the US marine corp often uses many vehicles that are not in the original game such as the CH-56, AAVs, LAV-25s

and so on

If you are not using addons, there is no point in calling the US/NATO forces marines

Anyways for a name, figure out a solid plot first then i'll be easier to make one

Thanks HOBOMAN, I'll use your idea as a starting point in my plot for my Campaign. I think I'll go back to the 3d party addons as it would seem unrealistic to have 1985 era units portraying modern U.S Marines, I guess I should say "So what if noone wants to download it because of quite a few addons, I made it for fun and they don't absoulutly HAVE to download it." When I create a solid story for my Campaign I'll update this thread with it.

Thanks for all your help and support with my Campaign, HOBOMAN! biggrin_o.gif

*Edit: Do you have any idea where I can find a CH-56, I can't find any huh.gif , it would be greatly appreciated if you could help, HOBOMAN or anyone else. biggrin_o.gif

I just checked the size of my Conspiracies moddfolder. It's over 800mb, that's almost 1gb for a single campaign. I dunno if this was the original size or if I've added to it but I think that's how it arrived.

Most people have broadband thse days so download size isn't really a problem, and if it's reallty big they can just put it on over night and play in the morning.

And for people on 56k, I feel sorry for you, really. And why haven't you switched yet, broadband is now the price that 56k used to be.

Point is, don't be scared about a large download size, as long as you can get a good host. Nobody enjoys download 800mb at 1.5kb/s wink_o.gif

Thanks XCess, point taken. As I said before, I'll go back to using 3rd Party addons because U.S Marines represented by standard BIS units don't look right crazy_o.gif !

Anyway, thanks again XCess

*Edit: By the way, I use a high speed internet connection which is 100.0 Mbps is you can beleve it smile_o.gif !

*Edit: Do you have any idea where I can find a CH-56, I can't find any huh.gif , it would be greatly appreciated if you could help, HOBOMAN or anyone else. biggrin_o.gif

http://ofp.neco.cz/index.php?showthis=8870

You might also like these:

http://ofp.neco.cz/index.php?showthis=8869

http://ofp.neco.cz/index.php?showthis=8872

And some good Pilots:

http://ofp.neco.cz/index.php?showthis=8849

Hi HOBOMAN!

Thanks for those suggestions, I already looked through those pages and downloaded them a couple of minutes ago. (What a coincidence 'eh? tounge2.gif ) I'm definately going to use these along maybe with SEFs CH-53 (unless you or anyone else doen't want to use them for I've learnt about the bad handling and the bugs that come with it.)

Anyways, thanks again HOBOMAN! You've been a great help! biggrin_o.gif

*Edit: If also, you or anyone, knows a way to replace the pilots in a helicopter if you put an empty one on "Flying" and then put two pilots with "this moveindriver heli1" and "this moveingunner heli1" so that they still unload their transport when they reach a waypoint which says "Transport Unload" because when I put that waypoint they just go there and don't land to unload they're transport.

Thanking you in advance biggrin_o.gif !

Arrrgh!! mad_o.gif Of all the supidest things to happen, this takes the cake!

After playing OFP, I took the CD out and put it in its case. Then, after I left, I hear my shelf by my computer collapse. I rush over to it and I find my OFP CD crushed undeneath the shelf! sad_o.gif When I took it out of the case I saw that, to my horror, the CD had snapped in half.

So, I'll have to put this campaign on hold for a while untill I get a new CD. However, it may be so long that I'll have to stop the project entirely mad_o.gifsad_o.gif !

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who helped me, espescially HOBOMAN! Your the greatest mate. biggrin_o.gif

Um, qith the 1.96 patch you don't need your disc.

You can work it without the disk? I never knew that, thanks XCess! I guess now I can say that production has resumed. Stay tuned to this thread for more information. biggrin_o.gif

Hi, I'm back!

Now, I'm sorry I haven't posted here for a while but I've come up with somthing I hope you'll like smile_o.gif !

Okay, here it is; I'll be using RHS' Naval, Motorised and GRU addons, along with BDM's Avignon island and Edge's retextured resistance as the main enemy.

And now for the story-line, The title for my campaign is "Avignon, 2010" and the plot goes like this:

- On August 1st, on the island of Avignon, a large-scale clash between terrorist forces and police in the islands capital costs 200 lives.

- After this attack, it comes to the attention of the president of Avignon that this same terrorist group is the same one which has caused attacks in the past which resulted in heavy casualties.

- Due to the fact that Avignon only has a police force and not an army, the president of Avignon asks the Russian Federation Army to aid them.

- In response and, after much persuation, the Russian Federation Army sends Naval troops to aid Avignon and it's people in the fight against these terrorists.

- You are Alexander Korkov, a grunt in the Russian Federation Navy and you have been sent to aid Avignon.

As always, any complaints, comments, opinions and suggestions are greatly appreciated  wink_o.gif !

Thanking you in advance (how many times have you heard that tounge2.gif ? *sigh*)

Thomas Ryan

*Edit: If anyone knows of any mirrors for ORCS' T72, T90, Shilka and the new Crew Pack could you notify me as the OFP.info mirror is down, the ORCS main website mirrors are down, I can't find any links on OFP Files.com and I can only find the ORCS BMP Pack and the old Crew Pack on OFPBase.com.

Please help me! confused_o.gif

Also, I'm not that good of camera scripter and I can't make good and dramatic cutsceens banghead.gif , so if anyone could apply to help me with this I would be greatly thankful. (The main cutsceen I need help with is the intro, I'd want to make it dramatic with good angles and not the default OFP text.)

What I'll do is send you the mission via E-Mail and along with it a text doccument explaining what I would like to happen in the intro and any cutscenes in between.

Thanks alot thumbs-up.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Hi all biggrin_o.gif !

Sorry about this, but I have to put the campaign on hold as I'm busy with XCess creating the E.L.S.D clan.

Production may resume afterwards if I feel like it lol tounge2.gif .

Thanks again thumbs-up.gif !