Sign in to follow this  
metallicAL

mission "ambush" demo? IF/When you realease a demo

Maybe an original mission wouldnt show off all the improvements features but it would be cool to have a remake of the original demo of flashpoint. (not sure how many times i played through that demo till the game came out, was alot anyway smile_o.gif )

Hmm, maybe its too early to be wishing for demos but, if it was a mission already made, it wouldnt take that much...would it?

Screenshots finding there way to us from CZ mags aren't fueling the fire anymore. Movies of anything (and i mean anything) would get so much more attention wink_o.gif

-thanks

A demo and soon, would be great. To be honest, despite loving the hell out of Flashpoint I wasn't even aware of ARMA or Game 2 until a few months ago, so the apparent delay for early 2006 hasn't hurt me. That said, they must be pretty well along with development, so I'd at least like to see some indication of that to make me even more excited.

Hah, <s>if</s> WHEN they release a demo, it would be awesome to remake the ambush mission!  biggrin_o.gif

Sara is much more detailed than the older islands and will make better PR for any new players. So any demos will probably be on Sara. Not that I'm against it, I'd rather see some of Sara than an updated high-resolution Malden.

Sara is much more detailed than the older islands and will make better PR for any new players. So any demos will probably be on Sara. Not that I'm against it, I'd rather see some of Sara than an updated high-resolution Malden.

So would i, but if a "simple" remake/conversion could be made a lot easier (and faster). That was the general idea but also, i love "ambush" it brings back good 'ol memories, just wonder if armed assualt will bring back those good times for re-living it biggrin_o.gif

I love Ambush mission.. ofp is been from it.. but i want to see the new island

One question.. "Sara" is name of the new Island!? (sorry i'm enough behind biggrin_o.gif )

Yes, sara is indeed the name of the new island.

But I think that Sara will be too big to include in a demo. Of course, they could use a part of it.

If Sara is in the demo, I'll be spending alot of time walking around, ditching my squad.

Yes, sara is indeed the name of the new island.

But I think that Sara will be too big to include in a demo. Of course, they could use a part of it.

In OFP demo.. malden island it was limited..

for ArmA demo BIS probably they will repeat the same method..

Sure, i never play singleplayer mode, because i think its useless. Nothing will replace a battle with a human being, which can think and not only do whats written in script.

Sure, i never play singleplayer mode, because i think its useless. Nothing will replace a battle with a human being, which can think and not only do whats written in script.

When it comes to the most versatile combat experience, you're right.

However, don't forget that humans don't value their life like the AI is programmed to do wink_o.gif .

Also, I hope you try out VME's AI for OFP, you versus five CQB squads of them... you shall cry wink_o.gif .

Yea that demo was perfect, maybe the best demo ever, showed what to expect from the game perfectly and could never get board of it. I stil play the mission. I remember trying to explian what the game was like to my mates, showed em the demo and they loved it too.

Yeah, that demo was mind-blowingly realistic. Made me feel just as clumsy as when I was in JRTC. And when they modded it to make it a night mission! The night-lighting was incredible!

Too bad that 95% of the public servers are unplayable, just because most humans are completely incapable of making any decision thats even remotely logical. While the AI does what its supposed to do.  tounge2.gif

However, don't forget that humans don't value their life like the AI is programmed to do ;) .

Yeah right. In a game real life ppl are NOT serious because they in fact won't really die. They think alright but they take changes you'd never take when for real on the battleground.

So you can't maintain that real ppl play 'better', they just play different. Most of the time it resembles paintball.

well its a matter of fact and experience that people acting not as clever as ai in multiplayer games - especially in tactical ones.

99% acting like taliban with bombbelts: running towards killing sum, and be killed.

i prefer the 1% which know how to act like a real mil. how to secure, defend and hold positions, respecting the commanding structure and knowing that an order IS an order and not a recommendation. smile_o.gif

first rule for all players should be: the teammate's life is more important than mine. second rule ist that i have to save my life since i cannot secure my mate's six when im dead. third, dont let mates behind enemy lines and never alone.

teamwork!

but just check any gameserver out there. first stupid argument you hear is:

its public, teamwork does not work.

well if everybody thinks like that then it IS. but teamwork can begin with 2 ppl acting as a team. you will be suprised how fast other mates joining your "team". teams win, egofraggers die.

however that bad attitude makes no difference what game. quake2 3 4 doom3 hl hl2 cs css dod dods joint operations and yes even ofp or americas army are affected by those...

my2cents

Simon

ps: at lest my post scriptum shall be ontopic. a sp/mp demo would be perfect along with a working linux server which gives future hosters an idea of ressources they may need.

hmm ... such demo can be nice "beta" testing platform whistle.gifwink_o.gif

I remember that demo, and all the missions for it. My favorite was the one where you ambush a russian convoy, there were so many missions released for that demo. Heh... even the demo of the game was moddable beyond most full games. biggrin_o.gif

I am still waiting for the official Ambush Part II! wink_o.gif

Same here , that one never did finish. The Ambush demo mission changed my life. I downloaded at least 30 demo missions and I kept playing the demo till 2005.

Demo missions !!!!

hmm ... such demo can be nice "beta" testing platform  whistle.gif  wink_o.gif

Yeeeah. BIS, imagine all the feedbacks you can get with a little ambush-demo - ......for free wink_o.gif

I swear i have this image in my head that as soon as a demo is released that just about every addon maker is going to be taking the proverbial can opener to find out whats what biggrin_o.gif

i once left ambush on for about 4 hours at x4 speed so i could play the mission at night rofl.gif