Sign in to follow this  
B.B.

Operation Code Blue release

i dont think anyone actually reads the previous posts! why doesnt some one say in big letters to everyone its a WIP not a final give him a chance guys! anyway on the subject of the addon seems sweet so far nice work mate wink_o.gif

This is true, but I'm sick of seeing hundreds of half-baked addons using hacked together custom Counter-Strike models. I am myself a modeller, and this kind of shoddy craftsmanship demonstrates a high degree of negligence and apathy.

I think you should actually read some of Dave8's posts before making yourself look like ''The One'', the addonmaker to correct all other addonmakers wink_o.gif

No one ever said the pack was finished. Someone did however say that it was not complete, and that it needed work, which due to time constraints doesn't seem likely to the maker(s).

Dave8 also said that people could use any of the stuff in the release for their own project.

It is not a ''perfect addon for MP rock0rz'', but a pile of resources that people can use/improve if they want.

Edit:

For all other people not reading posts, a short explanation of the word ''read'':

Quote[/b] ]

read

v. read, (rd) read·ing, reads

v. tr.

1. To examine and grasp the meaning of (written or printed characters, words, or sentences).

This is true, but I'm sick of seeing hundreds of half-baked addons using hacked together custom Counter-Strike models.  I am myself a modeller, and this kind of shoddy craftsmanship demonstrates a high degree of negligence and apathy.

Then get off your high-horse and help the Code-Blue team out, and stop bitching.

well, the units look good, and you can see that they are akpha version. I like the "Communication Soldier" very much ! that built-in radio was great !

Quote[/b] ] I am myself a modeller, and this kind of shoddy craftsmanship demonstrates a high degree of negligence and apathy.

Well I call you on your superior skills. Let's see what you've got then. smile_o.gif

If you don't have any models or addons that are available for us to see...you'd look a bit silly now wouldnt you? wink_o.gif

Seconded - I wish I could do one millionth of what these guys have done... any evidence of something better?

rofl.gif

||

\/

Quote[/b] ] I am myself a modeller, and this kind of shoddy craftsmanship demonstrates a high degree of negligence and apathy.

Well I call you on your superior skills. Let's see what you've got then. smile_o.gif

<span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>FOR GOD SAKE DONT TRY TO HAVE HIM MAKE ANOTHER US WEAPON!!!!</span></span>

...Sorry... sensitive subject... still not over.. it... *shivver*

WOW wow_o.gif These guys are really impressive. The thing I like like the most about them is that with the exception of the normal marine (not the veteran ones) their proportions are some of the best in ofp. They look just like the people you see on the news...I've always felt ofp models have a tendency to have unrealistic proportions. Great work, would love to see these guys finished.

and looking exactly like the people you see on the news is exactly what we were hoping to pull off. thanks.

Quote[/b] ]They look just like the people you see on the news

They do.

Ive been testing them out more and more and I have to say...

Finish them! they are growing on me the more I use them.  biggrin_o.gif

IMO, toss the weapon pack (theres lots of weapons out there that are done is why I say that) and work on the troops.

Why not just use Lasers US weapons? No slog against SJB, but Lasers pack is a very complete pack. You get M16s, M4s, M249s,M240s, M60s, M14s, M21s, M136s, M72s, SMAWs and carl gustavs and much more. The weapons are excellent and performace friendly plus at a good size. Also Lasers pack is also JAM compatible.

So rather than using SJB and Laser I'd say just use lasers pack.

I've tested them in game. A really great USA army pack!! Just complete them, please!! The current verison should have been finished in around 95%. Just wish you code team could complete it. Oh, no reason why dont complete such a fantasitc addon smile_o.gif

I'm currently doing an updated configged version that uses lasers weapons with jam ammo, personally i prefer the weapons that came with it. if you want this new version say aye.

I like some of the weapons that come with it, while others I don't. For example the M240 and M249's in the pack are very nice. The M4's however are a little too big and don't have their folding stocks extended. But I can't complain too much. This pack is definitely very very nice and like others, I hope that it is finished up. I greatly prefer the porportions of these guys then compared to other US infantry addons where the arms and legs to me look too skinny.

By the way...does anyone know how to get in touch with Dave? I had thought he and this mod were long gone from the OFP community.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

its easy to get in touch with dave just pm him, but the thing is, don't tell him how bad his work is, please.  everyones saying this and that, and the things pointed out we already know what to change. So with that said, he put his contact information somewhere in this thread on pages one through four.

we'll do our best to see to it these soldiers get finished. one thing i like in particular is how the backpack and the radio is actually modeled onto the soldier.

Some very, very quick change of default palms and head models to OW's. For private use, of course.

cbu0vs.jpg

who's OW?

I think he means "Our Weapons" - the Russian addon team. Its the head that appears on some of Laser's units, the one many sya looks like an elf/gnome. A bad choice in my opinion, as its also been said the head is very "eastern european" in appearance, something I find it unlikely to beleive a US Marine looking like....but there we go.

Jackal326

It's OW's head model, remaked by Laser for his SEALs. So it looks like not eastern europian face.

There is no any problem to implement Llauma's head model. But yesterday I had not much time for extracting it from some other addon and f**ing with textures for it.