Sign in to follow this  
B.B.

Operation Code Blue release

Greetings from Operation Code Blue.  Realizing how things are so close to finish with the units and weapons made and the vehicles made just waiting minor bug changes, it was decided to release an alpha of what is to come.  

weapons:

http://rapidshare.de/files/14391202/CB_WEAP.rar.html

weapons download

units:

http://rapidshare.de/files/14391005/CB_UNITS.rar.html

units download

known bugs: the m240 mag is missing, some texture bugs, and the m249 sound could be better.

picture

I'm teetering on the edge of downloading... perhaps you could show us some screenshots to show us what it's all about?

ive included a picture link on the first post.

you should try it out ingame.  it brings that dusty quality to addons that bas used to bring instead of all this polished business.  not quite lasers quality but the same style rarely seen in flashpoint.  we got the dusty quality, we also got superb sounds.  the sound quality on the weapons we're really pleased with, all except the m249.  We're looking for a replacement for that sound and there are a few visual bugs, but we're really pleased with what we have so far and we hope you are as well.  enjoy.  don't forget to supplement this demo with the tow aav7 apc addon.  AAV

For further concerns such as joining the team to help out and bug report, please email x40ozxofsublime@aol.com or x40ozxofsublime@aim.com and thank you.

I've got a good sound for the M249 - fairly realistic - if you'd like to borrow it. It's from one of the old soundpacks, and was originally for another weapon, but I think it's perfect for the M249. Interested?

yes i am, all sounds for the new m249 please send this direction, my email is on my profile. Also we are looking for a texture artist and a modeler so please email me.

Ah, I can't do any texturing or modelling - I'd kill your Mod with my horrible texturing. However, I'm happy to send you the sound.

Also, would you consider these three letters for your next version?

A C U (pleeeeeease?)

Your MARPAT and BDU textures are good quality. I'm not so much a fan of the weapon pack, however, but I'm sure your team are working overtime on it! smile_o.gif

Wow, I remember the very first release of this mod.

The units look superb.

Would be farely easy to do an ACU version of this.  I'll look into it if B.B. doesn't mind.

Take a look at your mortar.

Its untextured and the placement is a bit off.

No shadows on weapons (i havent checked them all though)

Missing most blood textures? Is that coming or are you not adding them?

The amount of hits these guys can take vs any other units seems rather unbalanced. crazy_o.gif

Your M16 iron sight has an extra dial on the left side.

I do really like the wounded animation.  thumbs-up.gif

EDIT: I think just the woodland marpat has blood texes but i have to look at it all.

Ta Wilco - it'd be nice to have an alternate model for the US regs. Hope it goes well (could you please keep me updated?)

Yeah, weapon pack needs a lot of additions and tweaking - like weapon inventory .paas, etc. If you wanted, you could make an SJB or LSR config to keep others happy, but it's just a suggestion.

I reckon you ask CanadianTerror or someone similar to do some beta testing for you guys.

I saw blood textures in the PBO, but I haven't tested them out yet.

this is the alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha x23082 verison. I'm not even close to being done with the woodland marines and those guys are the closest to being finished.. mortar hasn't been worked on at all.. i'ts more as a placebo than anything else.. the woodland VET is an old look, but then the blood does work for them. I forgot to give Bowery the east units.. I'll go ahead and do that now.. Don't even bother with the Army units. they're old stuff.

OLD BETA TESTERS.. IF YOU GUYS HAVE THE CB_AAVP FILE, THAT WOULD BE FLICKING OUTSTANDING.. please do send it over to me..

I let bowery release them because he wants to.. these guys are nowhere close to being finished.

there are faces included:

CB_faceb.. all the way to c .. normal faces

CB_facebh.. all the way to ch(if i remember correctly)... they have blood on their faces..

CB_facebc... all the way to cc (if i remember correctly)... they have camo.

I probably won't release an official release until.. god knows whenever college winds down. you guys can feel free to take the model and textures and do whatever you guys want to them. please do say that the model and textures are originally by me though. when the official release comes out, you guys can do the same.

the only things I'm currently proud of are the Forest marine models and textures. That's the only thing. The rest is God awful shit. I'm sorry to myself and you guys for even releasing these things. I don't know why I even ok-ed it. whatever. what's done is done. Use the models and textures and put them into a better addon. I want to see them used for something better.

what to expect if I do release an official addon: an actual mission.. working blood for the units. better textures and models for the units.. a lot of fixed bugs (trust me there are plenty in here).. more weapons.. and maybe some scripts.. I'll also get the SMAW and AT4 and M224 to work better. Also the RPG and whatever. These addons aren't top priority to me anymore, so really.. feel free to edit them however you see fit.

note on the weapons: they aim a bit down so that the AI will hit targets standing up a lot better.. and when the target is prone, the AI has a lot more trouble hitting it. But then the player has normal aim.. so i was going to make him the designated marksman for the campaign and single missions.

most weapons have placebo sounds.. that means on burst mode for some of them, it's just a single shot sound. how sad.

I think i'll get back into working on these guys when I have the time. I don't care about feedback so much right now because I know plenty of flaws in this thing.. sadly, i am now regretting on letting this come to the public.

email me at etseng1234@yahoo.com if you guys want to help out. I do not look forward to feedback.

I can get an ACU pattern texture pretty quick.. thanks for the help though Wilco.. the east units has the multicam the army turned down just incase anyone is wondering..

and yeah, i know about the loadouts lacking .paa's.. haven't got to that point yet really..

same with texturing the mortar.. the model itself is pretty rushed..

scripters and modelers would help me lots

east units will be posted right here.  screenshot coming soon.  Yes I did say east units.  Come and get your code blue east units as well. coming soon.

I'll take one large ACU pack and a side of fries. Ta.  tounge2.gif

Oh, and whoever decides to undertake the ACU tex-up - could you please make sure you include an ACU OTV cover for the Interceptor/MOLLE system? Keep up the work Wilco, I wish I could make one texture that decent (I haven't got PSP) sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Realizing how things are so close to finish with the units and weapons made and the vehicles made just waiting minor bug changes
Quote[/b] ]I let bowery release them because he wants to.. these guys are nowhere close to being finished

You guys need some communication next time.  wink_o.gif

The pack is headed in the right direction, it just needs to be updated and fixed up at some point. thumbs-up.gif

I'm putting the east pack on the back burner. its so out of shape its not worth it compared to whats already out there. its like going two years back in time.