Sign in to follow this  
Desloc

If OFP can't do it, maybe this will...

Looks like a good first person shooter multiplayer, but looks real low on realism.

-64 player multiplayer

-vehicles, ships, and planes

-multi theater ops

-16 single player missions... playable by 'both' sides = 32 missions

Sure, the player speed seems a little like CS, but it sure looks fun!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Jan. 20 2002,23:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We'll at least we'll have something to play till the release of OFP2<span id='postcolor'>

Considering the current state of OFP multiplayer, I'd say you are being very optimistic wink.gif

Before you run out and buy Battlefield 1942, you should talk to some guys that have played it. It's almost as bad as World War II Online.

Other games are just to first person shooter if that's the world.....flashpoint isn't....like medal of honor....may be a good game but looks like to much of a first person shooter if you know what I mean...guess only massive gamers will......

Before OFP came out, I had my eye on that game for some time. Now it looks like a quake offspring and I seriously doubt it can match OFP´s realism even closely. Another more important fact is that it is being developed by DICE, a swedish company that put out a game called STCC 2, (swedish touring car championship), and had great graphics, great gameplay, but it only had tiny MP problems and some jiffy car physics. The community asked for fixes but Dice froze them out, saying they couldn't be bothered to work on a game that is out and probably past it's prime sales. A suicide attitude for a developer. Also, it is being produced by EA, which anyone knows is a faceless giant that cannot be bothered to answer e-mails (much less even give you one), and has no customer support.

So unless it´s perfect on the release date, I woulnd't hold your breath.

Konyak

No, the company that developed it was called illusion something or other, the same people who developed Codename Eagle and continued to patch it even after it was a commercial flop. If Codename Eagle had decent multiplayer it would have been a smash hit, but that's just the way things go

Dice was one of the publishers I think

/me thinks of OFP

I just saw the video...

I have some good things, and some bad things about it...

For me, the ground play seemed rather bad. It doesnt look any good, animations were crap. Vehicles were even more crap, you could easily see that the makers didnt bother doing much about the ground play.

For me, it seemed kinda odd that this guy could keep shooting for like 10 seconds while running to kill 1 single guy?

He did that multiple times, but never reloaded??!!

Well, for the good part:

The flight sim. That DID look nice, ive allways dreamed of a WWii flight sim with decent multiplayer, and great graphics. That DOES look nice, but one thing that stunished me, was the way that the player landed on a carrier....

He landed and bumped into another plane that was parked on the deck, and nothing happend??!!!

I dont know if im gonna buy it, it all depends on the state of OFP when it comes out, and how much time i have on my hands. One thing is for sure. OFP is gonna be a game number one until OFP2 comes out smile.gif

Btw, that swedish company were the makers of the engine, not the game nor a publicher.

"Before you run out and buy Battlefield 1942, you should talk to some guys that have played it. It's almost as bad as World War II Online."

Oh really? And who are these "guys who have played it", considering it's nowhere near finished or released yet?

I've watched a video of it, and it looks promising. The developer stated repeatedly that the emphasis is on FUN, not REALISM, so all you realism junkies can it. It's not supposed to be realistic. Let me say that again, so no one misses it:\

It's NOT supposed to be realistic.

And before anyone goes off harping on the play mechanics (such as shooting 100 rounds without reloading, or gripes about the models): remember that this game is not finished. All the little details and graphical optimizations are made at the very end of a game's development cycle, not the middle. At worst, this will be a fun diversion from the hardcore realism of OFP. At best, it could be one hell of a fun game to play against others online. The graphics are obviously better than OFP, and the netcode will probably be better too (it can't possibly be much worse).

I'm really looking forward to this game, because you can pilot anything, from trucks to missle launchers to planes to boats and battleships.

I would download DoD but I don't want to install Half-Life all over again, it's a pain in the ass downloading all those patches.