Sign in to follow this  
startrektng74

how do you tell them to get in

i am useing waypoints to tell my ai guys to move to the location of the vehicle but wen i use the get in waypoint they just stand outside the vehicle..is there some activation command i have to use to get them in the vehicle an if so what is it.

can anyone help?

p.s. if you cant tell im new to mission making so pretend i know little to nothing at all wen it comes to explanitions.

try synchronizing(sp?) the waypoints for the vehicle and the guys, or just make sure the get in command is on the vehicle.

Try placing the GetIn Waypoint on top of the vehicle. I tyake it this is an ai group - not a group with the player as the leader.

yes its an ai group.

the vehilce i am trying to work with is the cobra hiss tank. it does not allow me to add men already in it. the idea was to get the hiss drivers to get in the hiss tank an then patrol. while it seemed like a good idea at the time it has tuned into a mission nitemare.

i have tried putting the "get in" waypoint on the vehicle an around it. i have even traded out vehicles to see if they would get in any vehicle with no success. i am on the verge of giving up the ghost here.

i was hopeing there was a script or some code i didnt know that i could use to plop guys in vehicles or something.

help.gif

Quote[/b] ]i have tried putting the "get in" waypoint on the vehicle an around it.

Just for info:

clicking with left mb (+holding) and then dragging the

waypoint on top of the vehicle is not same like placing

the waypoint exactly on top of the vehicle wink_o.gif

You have to dbl-click on top of the vehicle when you

want to do that. To check wether a waypoint has been placed

correct on top of the vehicle you just need to try to drag

the wp to somewhere else -> you will see then that the waypoint is fix placed on the vehicle. wink_o.gif

~S~ CD

Or assignasdriver, commander etc.. and in the waypoint add moveindriver etc..

hey it worked. all i did was reset the waypoint to make sure it was connected to the vehicle an they got it...not only that but they patrol an continue the rest of the waypoints...thanks guys. i really appreciate all the help.

yay.gif