///  -----------------------------------------------  ///

/// | BD 2ndrifle CORE v1.0 - by Big Dawg KS  | ///

///  -----------------------------------------------  ///

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

___

REQUIRES ORIGINAL VERSION OF OPERATION FLASHPOINT, GOTY AND/OR RESISTANCE

LICENSE AGREEMENT:

------------------

THIS SOFTWARE IS NOT CREATED BY BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE STUDIO S.R.O. OR CODEMASTERS SOFTWARE COMPANY LTD.

AND THEY DON’T HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SOFTWARE.

(I copied that from someone else's readme but don't tell them :-P )

CREDITS:

--------

Models: Nephilim - Modified BIS model

Scripts: Big Dawg KS

If you want to contribute to this addon or contact me or whatever (or if you're lonley and want someone to talk to)

then email me at bigdawgkskaos@hotmail.com or concact me via MSN - bigdawgkskaos@hotmail.com

or find me on the BI Forums - http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....rd.cgi?

REQUIREMENTS:

-------------

This addon requires Operation Flashpoint: Resistance

INFORMATION:

------------

This is the core addon for BD 2nd rifle scripting, it contains 2 compatable test units; one west soldier with M16 and M21 and one east soldier with AK74 and SVD,

10 compatable BIS weapons (AK47, AK47CZ, AK47 Grenadelauncher, AK74, AK74 Grenadelauncher, SVD, M16, M16 Grenadelauncher, M21, HK), and 2nd rifle game logic that

defines the compatable BIS weapon arrays.

To use 2nd rifle scripting, the mission editor must place a 2nd rifle game logic, then the supported units and weapons will automatically be able to use the 2nd

rifle scripting. The purpose of this addon is to start a network of compatable units and weapons, so new units and compatable weapons can easily be added by addon

makers.

An example and instructions are included in this file that addon makers can use to make their own compatable weapons and/or units (see 2ndrifle example.rar).

I have plans to eventualy update this file to include scripts that can make any units comptable via the mission editor, but I'm not making any promises.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

--------------------------

Extract BD_2ndrifle.pbo file from into any Addons folder in your OFP Directory. You can find the test units under BDKS - Men, and the game logic under side

Game Logic\BDKS - Logic.

Ok,

So keep doin what you do and so will I and THANK YOU FOR READING THE README OMG YOU ARE ONE OF A KIND!!!!!!! :-P

Download:

BD 2ndrifle CORE v1.0.rar [344 KB] - www.Rapidshare.de

Mirrors will be greatly apprechiated.

Look forward to updates and more compatable weapons and/or units.

Oh my....can it be true?

Looks fantastic, I'll try it out in a bit.

Can you post a brief description here of how an addon is made compatible? Is it a model/proxy issue or can it be done with config work?

Cool! thumbs-up.gif Always wanted something like this, just how would it work if you have a law and a rifle? do you get two rifles then or is law and the rifle then? biggrin_o.gif

Cool stuff my young pad...errh...master.  wink_o.gif

Seriously, really nice work.  thumbs-up.gif

Good save. nener.gif

C4P741N, don't tell me I forgot to include the 2ndrifle example? No I swear I put that in the .rar file. It includes an example and a READ ME that contains your "brief description."

Commando84, we can't all be superman, only 1 rifle when you've got an AT weapon, radio, or backpack, also because the 2nd rifle takes up that slot... tounge2.gif

Now I just hope RHS lets me release the conversion I did of their weapon pack... whistle.gif

Yeah,yeah...good idea,but until it'll support RHS,ORCS,SJB,OFPL and Sgt.Eversmann,B3l G36,Bundewhr's and other packs I would prefer script from JFR mercs.Although It have some errors with pics it's completely working with them.

looks very good it has taken a while but ofp finally has 2 rifles notworthy.gif

Yeah,yeah...good idea,but until it'll support RHS,ORCS,SJB,OFPL and Sgt.Eversmann,B3l G36,Bundewhr's and other packs I would prefer script from JFR mercs.Although It have some errors with pics it's completely working with them.

Doesn't that work much in the same way as Kyle's scriptage? i.e. using "fake" weapon proxies in the secondary weapon (AT slot).

Its a shame my weapons pack is so huge (almost 300 weapons now), otherwise I'd be including support for this, but having to make ~300 "fake" weapons is a tad too much to ask.

There's one difference you forgot Jackal.KS script doesn't work with non BIS weaps.And JFR's works good,the only bug that the picture of non-BIS weap is missing.KS wrote that he'll give this feature later with no guarantees...Well,whats why I'm using JFR's scripts.

But,we shall see later.I hope KS'll do this support wuthout any bugs at all.

By the way-why shame?200 weaps-this is great work...

There's one difference you forgot Jackal.KS script doesn't work with non BIS weaps.And JFR's works good,the only bug that the picture of non-BIS weap is missing.KS wrote that he'll give this feature later with no guarantees...Well,whats why I'm using JFR's scripts.

But,we shall see later.I hope KS'll do this support wuthout any bugs at all.

By the way-why shame?200 weaps-this is great work...

Well you see Jackal was right there, that method is simply my original method but altered in the scripting (this addon uses the original scripts, unaltered, but reapplied).

However, before I started this I did a survey and asked people about this, and the majority said they prefered this method from the one used on the mercs, and it's a lot more simplistic. And, well, the simpler the better, less bugs and stuff.

Anyways, Sgt.Eversmann's allready making his weapons and units compatable, and I converted RHS weapons and spetsnaz and am awaiting their authorization to release them (this one's up to them, if they say no there's nothing I can do, you'll have to take it up with them  tounge2.gif ).

I would have liked to see SJB's weapons, but as he said thats a lot of work, although it takes all of 3 minutes per weapon (and a bit of organization), 300 is still a lot. Then again heavy machineguns and big sniper rifles don't qualify, I'd do some myself if I get to go ahead from Jackal...

However if you direct me towards those other weapons/weapon packs you mentioned I might try my hand making some of them compatable.

Setting that aside, I urge not only weapon makers but people working on soldier packs to consider compatability, soldiers are even easier to make compatable, just a few lines in the config (and they won't interfere with anything, including ECP or your eventhandlers) and they're ready to go. See the 2ndrifle example.rar for instructions.

Well, It's simplier but much less compatible;).Also you forgot about other less popular but not worse packs;).Сheetah's P90, Kabal's FNFal, B3l's G36?And kther mods,so as OFPL,SFP,CSLA?So I still prefer that one...

I wouldn't say I've forgotten anyone, I knew that weapons would have to be made compatable.

Try to look at this from another point of view, when JAM first came out, only a handfull of weapons used it, now its almost practically a requirement (or else you'll get complaints). This is similiar, but less required and a lot later, but hopefully not too late. But then again, if this works out then we'll have a fresh start when Armed Assault hits the stores.

Cheetahs P90's are great, I agree, but I'm working on a new P90 pack that features his work (and have yet to get the OK from him whistle.gif ), if that is finished and released it will definatly be compatable.

Sadly, I cannot just convert any weapons at will, if I can't obtain the weapon models in MLOD format, I won't continue to convert them because of the problems with using ODOL explorer.

It's only been less than 24 hours since this was released, you have to give it some time, and the fact that there are allready a handfull of packs that will be potentially compatable is very promising.

And, hopefully I can figure out a way to make more things compatable with an update the the core addon, but it's too soon to tell.

Now I do have some good news, at the moment at least one of the significant members of RHS has shown support towards release of the RHS conversion, so let's all be patient and hope for further good news.

And what did I say?We'll see it later.For now it's more reasonable to use JFR's scripts.Keep on work and...

Heh, I dunno if it's ECP or the fact that i've changed the default BIS models in the config for HYK (just the model not the actual unit properties) but if I pick the second weapon from the menu rather than use the 'Switch Primary Weapon' option and then fire, it looks like i'm pooing grenades. Not entirely without humour biggrin_o.gif

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

crazy_o.gif

Well I can't say that I completely understand ECP's voodoo, but my guess is that it thinks your 2nd rifle is an AT weapon (probably because they're checking for secondary weapons), and using custom explosion effects, and since the BIS fakes fire downwards at the ground, you get explosive defecating guns.

I guess this could be considered improper use of the 2nd rifles...  tounge2.gif  Use the action menu you goon.  nener.gif

I would notify the ECP team about it though, maybe get them to use a new method for detecting AT weapons, I mean not everything on your back's gonna shoot rockets...

P.S. Take more screenshots and possibly a video of the problem if you can...  tounge2.gif   rofl.gif

More conversions:

b3lg362ndrifle3ay.jpg

kofrmp72ndrifle6gv.jpg

kofrmp72ndrifle20pf.jpg

B3l G36 and KOFR MP7... (BWMod units not yet supported)

Just need to get authorization...

Well, thats ECP for ya, but you can solve that problem by using the proper action in the menu... tounge2.gif

bwmod2ndrifle1sn.jpg

whistle.gif

Well, thats ECP for ya, but you can solve that problem by using the proper action in the menu... tounge2.gif

whistle.gif

and miss all the fun??? biggrin_o.gif

wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif this could well be the next biggest thing since jam KS brilliant work cant wait to try it *opening .rar archive as i type*