Sign in to follow this  
malick

New MP/SP Coop

Yes l'Etranger, but as I said, be sure to install a complete OFrP version, cause all you want is already possible. You seem to be running the mission with mixed versions (OFrP units with BIS vehicles etc..).

Here are the steps to select OFrP version.

First, goto "SELECT CONFIG\OFrP" directory, copy the files (mission.sqm, description.ext and overview.html) to the root mission directory (ie "MPMissions\CCE Malick.Noe\").

Then, goto "spawn_friendly\OFrP" directory, copy the files into "spawn_friendly". This will use OfrP vehicles, like VAB, VBL, Pumas, friendly OFrP troops, etc..

Then go to "weapons_friendly\OFrP" and copy the files into "weapons_friendly". This will give you OFrP weapons after a rest and in ammoboxes at camp.

If you feel lazy, here is the mission in OFrP version :

Download CCE v1.32 OFrP

I might as well rethink the way you can select your config. It might be easier if all directories and files were all regrouped in the "SELECT CONFIG" directory, which would limit the number of operations you need to do. Anyway, I'll put an updated version on line before wednesday, I'd advise you to download this one (with all OFrP already built).

Malick

OMG lmao! rofl.gif

I wasn't aware that you could choose your config crazy_o.gif

This mission just got even greater! biggrin_o.gifthumbs-up.gifbiggrin_o.gifinlove.gif

Malick it seem the mission make player and server crash frequently sad_o.gif

But it'is very nice.

I found a bug in mission itself with Save pilot mission/first mission?

It show the objective of mission at the dummies marker and not the objectives zones, and when you go to the objectives area you can't found the objectives but only the enemy.

Hi L'etranger.

I know the mission is quite demanding on cpu usage, that's because of the number of groups spawned. You can reduce this by choosing not to spawn civilians and other random groups. Goto SERVER\refresh_map.sqs, open it with notepad and find:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; Comment these lines for improved performance

; spawn random elements (convoy, patrol, trafic)

[] exec "spawn_friendly\spawn_basetroops.sqs"

~0.1

[] exec "spawn_friendly\spawn_convoy.sqs"

~0.1

[] exec "spawn_friendly\spawn_air_trafic.sqs"

~0.1

[1] exec "civilian\spawn_trafic.sqs"

~0.1

[2] exec "civilian\spawn_trafic.sqs"

~0.1

[3] exec "civilian\spawn_trafic.sqs"

~0.1

[4] exec "civilian\spawn_trafic.sqs"

~0.1

[5] exec "civilian\spawn_trafic.sqs"

~0.1

[6] exec "civilian\spawn_trafic.sqs"

~0.1

[1] exec "civilian\spawn_civilians.sqs"

~0.1

[2] exec "civilian\spawn_civilians.sqs"

~0.1

[3] exec "civilian\spawn_civilians.sqs"

~0.1

[4] exec "civilian\spawn_civilians.sqs"

~0.1

[5] exec "civilian\spawn_civilians.sqs"

~0.1

[6] exec "civilian\spawn_civilians.sqs"

~0.1

Comment these lines with a ";" at the beginning of each line or simply delete them if you want: this will considerably reduce lag, cpu usage and crash risks...

I've had quite a lot of crashes, freezes, bugs and the likes on my side too. I don't know if they are due to my mission or my computer. Well, I guess my mission is not innocent biggrin_o.gif Anyway, it should be a bit more stable in the next release cause I simplified a couple of scripts.

Regarding the downed pilot mission, I've corrected the marker bug, now all mission objectives are shown correctly. On the other hand, you should be able to find the pilot, but you have to look for him, cause he's not exactly at the indicated spot. If you really can't find him, it may mean that the mission script just bugged and the pilot may not have spawned. Can't help you much more here, I haven't touched the original script too much. I'm looking into it.

Malick

Hello all !

I've released v1.35 of the mission. See first post of the thread for downloads. There's a new config available smile_o.gif

Here's a bit of the readme:

Quote[/b] ]

CCE v1.35:

x Corrected the "mission marker not showing" bug

x Corrected a typo that prevented the script monitoring civilians from running properly.

x Added more weapons to the enemy selection (FAL, M16) for BIS East/West and OFrP versions.

x Changed the way the players can select their config, now all is centralized in "SELECT CONFIG".

CCE v1.34: Unreleased

x Corrected and updated all mission.sqm for the different versions.

x Made the insertion helo pilots stand outside their chopper on Shashman request, changed the helo scripts accordingly.

x Had to add lines to check that the players or other AI get in insertion helo only in cargo and not as pilot/gunner

CCE v1.33: Unreleased

x Changed the way ALL random groups were handled, created scripts to monitor their movements,

instead of doing it inside the corresponding spawn_xxx.sqs

x New available config : East vs Guerilla smile_o.gif

x Changed the number of enemy units you have to kill in patrol mission from 15 to 10 + random 10.

x New mission type: RECON, gather intelligence, remain undetected as much as possible.

Mission ends when you have identified enough enemies, have not been detected by too many groups,

haven't killed too many units AND make it back to base !

As always, all critics and comments are welcome. Note that I couldn't test this in full MP as my regular buddy crashed his computer... But, if anyone wishes to host a game  whistle.gif

Enjoy !

Malick

I had a bugged mission, it was to destroy a outpost, but this one was still the dummy flag, but enemy was in water oO

And the missions still crash a lot, dedicated server is crashing so client crahsing too.

Sorry L'etranger...

Do you have an idea what is causing the crash ? If you feel that the game might be a little more stable with DAC, I might as well adapt tacrod's latest version.

As I said before, try deactivating some scripts to ease your cpu (in server\refresh_map.sqs). With too many scripts running, memory usage gets fairly high ! I've got problems too, in fact, and I think I'm gonna remove some random groups (friencly and civilians) because of all the problems we encounter   sad_o.gif

Ahem, I've let a terrible mistake in this last release... You found it: SaD mission are totally f***ed up. Open "Missions\mis_SaD.sqs", you will see:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; called from MISSION\MISSION_CONTROL.SQS

; controls S&D mission

;~0.1

;[] exec "mission\location_zone.sqs"

;~1

; wait until the above script says it has a location

;#lp

;? (have_location) : goto "spawn"

;~1

;goto "lp"

mission_objective_x = operation_zone_x

mission_objective_y = operation_zone_y

~0.1

mission objective setpos [mission_objective_x,mission_objective_y]

~0.1

publicvariable "mission_objective_x"

publicvariable "mission_objective_y"

#spawn

~1

; set enemy spawn point at mission objective

; sometimes they spawn out at sea by mistake

Of course, I was testing something and forgot to remove it. My bad. Uncomment the first lines and delete the ones between ;goto "lp" and #spawn so that you have this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; called from MISSION\MISSION_CONTROL.SQS

; controls S&D mission

~0.1

[] exec "mission\location_zone.sqs"

~1

;wait until the above script says it has a location

#lp

? (have_location) : goto "spawn"

~1

goto "lp"

#spawn

~1

; set enemy spawn point at mission objective

; sometimes they spawn out at sea by mistake

I'm really sorry for this, mates  whistle.gif  And if anyone finds a way to make it more stable, I'll be glad to know !

Malick

PS: I won't be here next week and maybe the one after, so don't expect an update before mid march or april.

Ok thanks for the fix, well i think it could be CCE problem, because CCE vanilla seem to crash often too.

Must ask Tacrod about that problem.

Hi !

I re-up the thread, links of sources are broken confused_o.gif sic sic & sic

Perhaps someone could post new mirrors, direct download or PM me ? smile_o.gif

Thks !!!

Goaim