Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Admiral Kuznetsov CV - beta 1

excellent job man, Works excellently with a squadron of SU-33's on deck...plus the landing instructions.

Tried it in MP and seems only the host can use the scripts, although we didn't play for very long, maybe we were just not approaching the carrier from the correct angle or something and he was whistle.gificon_rolleyes.gif

hehe, reason is very simple...

today i did fast landing, took off, fast turn to left, straight, left again, corrected flight path while flying directly to landing deck, wheels touched the deck, but hook didn't cought wire in other words i was too near the carrier (or i was too high or flying too fast, but most likely i was too near to engane hook script)

scripts are too slow for my piloting skills  rofl.gif

EDITED

yes, scipts just can't be so fast as me, when i'm landing planes just after take-offs rofl.gif

this time tested it with Su-39 (imagining it's a Su-25UTG trainer)

or in other words, i start whole landing procedure being too close to the carrier  biggrin_o.gif

P.S. i managed to make hangars not to shine(always be in shadow), but how i can make that aircraft, soldiers or other things woun't shine from invisible sun, some how comming through steel hangar's walls?

besides, Gnat, you know that your two separate hangars just can't make me feel it's one 152 m x 26 m x 7 m big one smile_o.gif

i corrected dimensions of your 1st hangar(it was pretty far away from 26m wide, 2nd hangar is over 26m wide biggrin_o.gif so i have to correct it too and what to do with 152m lenght? you will have to make 3rd hangar's .p3d part and link all those 3 parts to the one smile_o.gif

Damn, that thing is so cool. But no shadows from objects inside is a bit of a bummer. Will just have to wait for Aa for that. But a toast for you man

One question, is there a way to turn the planes around on the spot? If not, then the lifts and the hangars dont have full functionality, as you could have a plane in the hangar, taxi onto the lift, go up, but not be able to turn around to get off again! or if you get onto the lift after landing and go down the lift, how can you move off the lift into the cargo hangar? With no revers on the planes it is nigh on impossible!

I was given a tug model for running around the deck. It included a towing script but the difficult problem is detecting the true height of the plane on the deck, and then to re-position it correctly.

If I can solve the towing script issue there would be a tug released.

Gnat @ Feb. 22 2006,14:15)]I was given a tug model for running around the deck. It included a towing script but the difficult problem is detecting the true height of the plane on the deck, and then to re-position it correctly.

Thank you Jebus! It's about time we had some tugs in OFP.

Tried it in MP and seems only the host can use the scripts, although we didn't play for very long, maybe we were just not approaching the carrier from the correct angle or something and he was  whistle.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif

yes it was wierd..

so i had a work around.. if you ever want to land on this carrier in MP, ""Stall land""

Fly towards the deck at stalling speed and just as you come over the carrier deck stall your plane onto the deck and you can land without the scripts lol its the only way or you will go off the end or blow up LOL!

Tried it in MP and seems only the host can use the scripts, although we didn't play for very long, maybe we were just not approaching the carrier from the correct angle or something and he was whistle.gificon_rolleyes.gif

yes it was wierd..

so i had a work around.. if you ever want to land on this carrier in MP, ""Stall land""

Fly towards the deck at stalling speed and just as you come over the carrier deck stall your plane onto the deck and you can land without the scripts lol its the only way or you will go off the end or blow up LOL!

Yeah and how do you take off again once you've performed this superb manoeuvre? tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

Tried it in MP and seems only the host can use the scripts, although we didn't play for very long, maybe we were just not approaching the carrier from the correct angle or something and he was  whistle.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif

hmmmm ... thanks for the feedback. Seems the scripts arent as MP friendly as I thought ........ working on solution, sorry.

anyway to get this carrier to have its elevators starting down with aircraft on it at first... instead of the usual elevator already up???

putting an aircraft in the hangar is impossible to move out, so im thinking of starting it on the bottom elevator ramp ready to lift and fly =)

Gnat @ Feb. 23 2006,09:02)]

hmmmm ... thanks for the feedback. Seems the scripts arent as MP friendly as I thought ........ working on solution, sorry.

They work on a non-dedicated server. My buds and I just tried it out and they didn't seem to have any problem besides landing properly. But they were able to use the Launch action items and the arrestor hook at least once.

Edit - as for the tugs, I've had no problems turning the Su39 or Su33 around on the deck from any position or angle besides the bow. I usually start with aircraft on the rear elevator and have no problem getting them onto the #1 launch position. Likewise after I land I have no problem turning the aircraft around and going back to the #1 launch position.

just as me... no problems with aircraft on the deck, but when it comes to move out of hangar onto the deck...

yes, it's easy to get my plane from hangar on the lift, then elevator goes up and... no place for cycling around out of elevator.

that's why we need tug, i have searched everywhere, but couldn't find it's name, what to say about blueprints...

P.S. finaly found something usefull, paper model drawings:

tug

making tug

the site

m... any news?  icon_rolleyes.gif

i just want to have up-to-date version, that i could start fixing it up (lighting, dimensions...)  whistle.gif

just as i did with that one Gnat...

P.S. what's about tug? i heared you had problems with scripts... maybe UNN would help you...

wonderful carrier ! inlove.gif excelente work

but when it is destroyed , it lags like hell , is there any way yo avoid this ?

Gnat @ Feb. 22 2006,09:15)]I was given a tug model for running around the deck. It included a towing script but the difficult problem is detecting the true height of the plane on the deck, and then to re-position it correctly.

i want to get this in the open now: the "pacific division" of WWIIEC, an outdated 'division' that hasnt had any activity in over a year which consisted mainly of me, bratty, and subfaction is inactive and had 3 models that were sitting on the hd not in use. the scare at ofp.info about loosing hosting prompted me to send gnat the tug. so its a WWII era tug

1009planetugs.jpg

which is better then nothing right? the orginal model is by bratty and the only textures visable in this pic were by me.. and at the time i wasnt very good with textures tounge2.gif so if you think you've seen that somewhere before... you have. but being the only remaining active member of that 'mod' i went ahead and gave it to gnat to do something with since he seemd the most dedicated and qualified to put it to good use.

note: WWIIEC isnt dead just that mini-submod called Pacific Division. i assume WWIIEC is still alive and well.

Im currently working on some Modern Tows in conjunction with NI Mod. So far I have 3 variations planned. And two are almost done (model wise).

8850sdaphoto.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Towing capacity up to 120,000 lbs.

Gulfstream, G-V

Bombardier Global Express

Fokker 100

F-18, F-16, MIG

8600ezphoto.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Towing capacity up to 28,000 lbs.

Entry-level model

Beechcraft Kingair

Cessna Citation

Piper Cheyenne

Learjet

Hawker 125

Single Engines and Light Twins

The last one is a inclosed version with a cabin, kind of like a little car. I've been working on it for a little bit, I wanted a Tow, none were released so I decided to make my own. I'll post some more info/pics if anyone is interested.