Sign in to follow this  
Monkey Lib Front

Insurgency Mod For HL2

any pictures of the british stuff? or hasnt that been started yet?

I think the plan is to get basic gameplay and features in for the yanks and then theatres and additional countries will be added.

...it`s good that they abandoned the JNA vs. Croatian forces idea (based on real events, which sucks),

altought i don`t even like this u.s.a rules the world scenario, source engine seems nice, so i guess modification is good ... but no final conclusions before playable mod.

...it`s good that they abandoned the JNA vs. Croatian forces idea (based on real events, which sucks),

altought i don`t even like this u.s.a rules the world scenario, source engine seems nice, so i guess modification is good ... but no final conclusions before playable mod.

Balkans will be a later scenario.

...well, that sucks!,

as any game or mod based on recent real events/wars ... as most of them aren`t black and white, bad and good guyz. mad_o.gif

p.s. after all, as a kidd i`ve allways liked and cheer for cowboys against indians and for those cool americanos in Vietnam against vietnamies.

Therefor i think it`s not nice to make such and simmilar projects as insurgency mod...i mean with all imagination that we can make, like fictional conflict eg. Ukraine vs. Germany (or some of their fractions, like Guba in OpF) or even something like ArmA conflict they choose Yugoslavia bloody war finised just 10 years ago huh.gifcrazy_o.gif

thats their own choice to make, not yours. Like any game, the politics behind it shouldnt affect any decision made in producing it. I highly doubt the insugency guys are going to go down paths that could cause offence or rub lines of decency (for instance, Srebeniza)

Quote[/b] ]hats their own choice to make, not yours.

well...we have rights on opinion, i guess?,

i said it`s not nice to make such scenarios and ofcorse it`s up to them to make it, and on me whether to play it or not.

Quote[/b] ]for instance, Srebeniza

now...what that has anything to do with anything here...damn...bezveze... banghead.gif

purely an example of a situation which would be a little shrewd of them to make... thats what its got to do with.

you're on the money though - you're entilted to an opinion as much as they're entitled to ignore it tounge2.gif

Do you want to know how would i feel like during play in Balkan scenario?;

- well...how would you feel like to play in mod as 20/30mm AA gunner in Market Garden mission?,

After all, it doesen`t matter who`s the bad guy, and how`s the good guy, it`s not nice for both sides no matter what real conflict you`re in...i haven`t seen much Iraqi people online or heared what they think, or seen Iraq mod for Half Life2 where you play as Iraq sniper in invasion on London(even in SF), do i ?

please...no offend...but hope you understand me now what i`m trying to say to you?, and i`m sad/madd that first think that fall on your mind was Srebreniza.

sorry for offtopic...

...well, that sucks!,

as any game or mod based on recent real events/wars ... as most of them aren`t black and white, bad and good guyz.  mad_o.gif

The team is taking neither side nor are they saying either good or bad, they are taking scenarios where there was an insurgency and what interested them.

Do you want to know how would i feel like during play in Balkan scenario?;

- well...how would you feel like to play in mod as 20/30mm AA gunner in Market Garden mission?,

I have had no problems playing as russians (or even making scenarios that you play as russians) in FDFMOD.

As far as playing the enemy goes - While emotions run high as far as politics go, this is gaming. Sometimes, it's about testing an environment that is very much like an event or war in history. Other times, it's just purely fictional. Take Battlefield 2 for example. Whether we hate the enemy or not, we still have to provide a reasonable challenge for those who don't play as them. You might even think of it as, well... "role playing". I mean, personally, I wouldn't mind playing a terrorist. I know who I am and I know where I stand as far as politics go. That doesn't matter when you're gaming.

Another example - Take Day of Defeat or Day of Defeat:Source for another example. It's set in WW2, putting Americans against German troops that can, at the will of the user, through custom replacement models/skins, be replaced with Waffen SS or other nazi infantry. WW2 was a bloody, bloody mess, but we love simulating it. Singleplayer games that put you as an American, British, or whatever soldier against the Nazis just doesn't cut it anymore, in my opinion.

Simulating WW2 is much, much worse than portraying the wars of Yugoslavia I think. There is one exception, though - In former Yugoslavia, a lot of the massacres and genocides weren't really kept under wraps as far as I know, as opposed to WW2.

I've yet to search the INS forum, but has anything been written on peeking/leaning. I read about going prone being included, though.

Guest Ti0n3r

Has anyone here tried it yet? wow_o.gif

Ive been playing for about 4 hours total last day or 2 and im very impressed.

The mod mixes alot of mid range fighting (usually around 50 meters, maybe more depending on the map) and alot of CQB. Maps have some of variety from open desert areas to mines to streets. although some maps are very errrrrr.... unbalanced? For example the almandi (i think thats wat its called) map, the insurgents spawn in areas close to places that give them the tactical advantage like windows and higher ground and such. Overall, i think the maps are awesome, with alot of building to building fighting and mid range fights

The gameplay puts alot of emphasis on team play and eliminates alot of the run n' gun and pray and spray type gameplay, although there are still relatively alot of lone wolf type players running around. The mod does this through the capture points on the map. To capture a point u need a certain percentage of players on ur team to capture. Also cause of the way the weapons handle people usually stick with other players. Oh and all the gametypes in INS usually involve one team trying to capture all the points on the map (usually 4) or one team trying the deplete the others reinforcements (more captured points means more reinforcements i think)

The weapons are very well done aswell. The models that they made are spot on and the game utilizes an aiming system similar to that of Red Orchestra. The recoil on the weapons is pretty good. For most weapons u can take about a 3-5 shot burst b4 the recoil goes out of control, which rewards players who burst or double tap. Also i absolutely love the scopes in the game and the bipod system which not only lets u place the bipod on the ground but also on top of tables and cars and boxes while crouching or standing.

However as is with every other game/mod it still has bugs and some rough edges to squash and smooth out. As of this release the M249 cant reload, non admins cant kick unruly players (tkers and such), rpg has to go through reload animation everytime u switch to it, and frequent server crashes. Fortunately the INS team is now working on a patch to fix all those things up along with some optimizations

Overall Id prolly give the mod a 9/10 which is very good considering the devs arent getting paid and are mostly doing this on their free time. Anyways if u have any source based game (u only need the Source SDK base to play) then u should give INS a go.

EDIT: O almost forgot. Im playing this on a 9800pro with 1 gb of ram and a 2.9ghz processor and it runs OK. It certainly is more intensive than HL2 or CSS for sure.

Guest Ti0n3r

Allenn, that does it. I'm off to download it biggrin_o.gif

I think its so much fun. Its a good blend between the realism ideas (iron sights, damage system etc.) and the more fast paced gameplay.

There aren't many bugs for this release being the first public one and the INS team have already posted updates about the next patch.

The graphical content is extraordinary. I have yet to see a hl2 mod with such great original graphical levels, models and not to be forgotten, sounds.

The detail level and size of the maps does make an impact on the graphical performance, but even though you turn down the some of the eye candy (The INS team have focused a lot on the function "Colour Correction" which really makes the game beautiful, but also absorbs some fps.) the game seems a lot more original than the majority of hl2 mods because of the vaste of new content.

Give it a try. Don't expect it to be flawless. Don't expect it to be like ofp/arma. But do expect it to be entertaining and challenging.

The main problem I have with it is the rediculous recoil. Not a chance in hell that even an AK rises as much as it does in Ins.

Get that fixed, and it'll be awesome. Until then, its nothing more than a passing fad for me.

The main problem I have with it is the rediculous recoil. Not a chance in hell that even an AK rises as much as it does in Ins.

Get that fixed, and it'll be awesome. Until then, its nothing more than a passing fad for me.

mh havent experienced that yet. The AK works perfectly for me.

Make single controlled shots and you´ll be happy in this game.  1 Hit = dead. No need for spray ´n´ pray at all tounge2.gif