Sign in to follow this  
JdB

Project SMLE

Ok, it's not an M4A1....47% leaves

It's not an AK of any sort either....another 47% leaves.

For those 6% of you remaining:

I am doing another ''it hasn't been done to death'' weapon. Quite common during both the 1st and 2nd world wars, it's the Lee Enfield No1 SMLE MkIII.

The model is finished (the lods aren't).

I have now moved on to mapping the model (of which I of course will post an ultra boring render later on), and then the texturing (hopefully more exciting). It's not for a mod or anything, just for.....well, what all the other unfinished models were for, giving the community something rather than the ''has been done to death, but still we crave for more'' stuff.

LTH_SMLE1.jpg

LTH_SMLE2.jpg

LTH_SMLE3.jpg

LTH_SMLE4.jpg

Good job besides the fact that 28.09% are remaining wink_o.gif

Häh??? huh.gif

Nice! When I saw "SMLE" I was hoping it'd be an Enfield. Looks very nice, can't wait to get my hands on it. thumbs-up.gif

This is something I can get behind!! I own a No. I Mk.III, so let me know if you need pics.

This will be interesting to see it in the hands of an Afghan gerrilla. Also a scoped version without the thrills would be welcomed.

Looking good mate.

@CERO.

Finally, a proper man's rifle biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif ... nearly 4kg and the great .303british cartrige inlove.gif

Looks great Lt HuNTeR!!! As usual wink_o.gif

Very nice indeed !

I've always loved the look of the Enfield. Very different from the French Lebel or German Kar. Keep up the good work !

Malick

So where's the grenade launcher/Lasersight/foregrip rofl.gif only joking looks great man. Is it gonna have a bayonetting scripts? or are ya jus gonna leave that out?

Is it gonna have a bayonetting scripts? or are ya jus gonna leave that out?

Well....it looks nice tounge2.gif

I think House Divided has a bayonet script floating around, maybe I will use that, but I fear it is going to need a new anim.

And pics are of course welcomed, especially of the scoped version (which I didn't really intend to make, similar to the bayonet...) help.gif

Looks very nice, could be useful, (i wont say for what) there are pleanty of pics at this link (my friend own one, lucky devil)

Pics of SMLE mkIII

Just in case you need em that is.

Hi,

Lowlands Warrior may option that, as a start for the era of the Politionele Acties. biggrin_o.gif

No need to kid around about the SMLE grenade launcher: SMLE with grenadelaunching attachment

Regards,

Sander

huh.gif We used american weapons since the Mariniers Brigade (Marines Brigade) was trained in the US and equiped like the USMC. So the Garand and M1 Carbine were used, but not the SMLE.

Perhaps the enemy used those, but they used a lot of different weapons mainly japanese.

Addon look good btw! Keep it up. It's better than an other M4 or AK! thumbs-up.gif

I've been able to find a picture of a NoI SMLE MkIII with sniperscope, so with some luck and alot of begging I might just do it later on.

That grenadelauncher is nice, except for the fact that even with the joints welded it still had a tendancy to explode in the user's face whistle.gif

Edit: about half way through the mapping, provided everything goes to plan.

The mapping is done....yes I know, I can hardly contain my excitement when looking at those renders...

SMLE_Mapping1.jpg

SMLE_Mapping2.jpg

Colors are still the same (well roughly, as I needed to choose a darker color to get it to appear right ingame):

SMLE_Mapping3.jpg

Quote[/b] ]That grenadelauncher is nice, except for the fact that even with the joints welded it still had a tendancy to explode in the user's face

Well, it would certainly make the game a little more interesting... biggrin_o.gif

Squadleader: 3 Attack Enemy Soldier with SMLE Grenadelancher.

*3 fires grenade launcher*

BANG

*squadleaderlooks around and cant see any squad members except for a slight blood patch

Squadleader: Dammit ot again.

Excellent work Lt Hunter, on a true classic no less.

How about some modern customised versions to accompany the pack, N0.5s with Fibreglass furnishing and picatinny rails No4 DMRs etc.

Excellent work Lt Hunter, on a true classic no less.

How about some modern customised versions to accompany the pack, N0.5s with Fibreglass furnishing and picatinny rails No4 DMRs etc.

No, no and once again, no. I've already added both a bayonet and a sniperscope (well, still need to do the last) because people asked, but I'm not going to add entirely different versions.

Like you said, ''a true classic'', no modern bs wink_o.gif

I've seen it before, some addonmaker shows a screen of a small weapons pack, and the people keep asking for ''just one more weapon/version please'', and the maker keeps piling on extra work. Then people start whining about ''when is it going to be released?''. The maker gives a date, doesn't meet the ''deadline'' and gets yelled at and flamed for something he does for free in his own time.

If anyone is looking for such an addonmaker, then hit the "Back" button in your browser and see if the next thread brings you more fortune goodnight.gif

If I were you I wouldn't bother with the sniper variant - all the pieces of wood and the fact that the scope had to be mounted on the side meant it wasn't the best sniper rifle around at the start of the Great War - the P14 (No 3 Enfield) Sniper or a Springfield 03 Sniper or even hunting rifles (before the sniping units were organised) were far more desirable. Then in World War Two along came the No 4 (T) Enfield sniper which quite frankly kicked ass for decades.

Since the thread has been bumped anyway, I might as well do an update. I started texturing 2 days ago, just about finished the bayonet, did a fair amount on the rifle itself. Didn't do any work on it yesterday. I'd post a screen or two, but they're on my other pc.

A screenshot to show the progress made in the last 20 minutes before going into ''hibernation'' mode wink_o.gif

Textures are not final.

LTH_SMLE_Bayonet1.jpg