Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Star Wars vs. Star Trek

I think the empire would have trouble dealing with transporter technology. Warp in, beam photon torpedo into power core (or better yet, blob of anti-matter), warp away... etc.

Okay you trekkies are phucked. Yes they would use their transporters and their proton torpedo warp phaser wiz bang deflector dish look at us beat up the klingons again techonolgy. But remember a few things:

1. Wesley Crusher often saved the day, how f'n lame batman!

2. The federation is the Canadian government gone high tech, they would form a multi million dollar commitee to come up with the idea to do nothing, because the prime directive may be violated.

3. Out of all the star trek series only Kirk would even have a hope in hell of defeating the empire, he would sleep with the emperors daughter and get her pregnant forcing the emperor to accept him as a son in law.

4. In the Empire if you F-up you get choked by Darth Vader and the guy below you gets promoted. "Appology accepted Admiral!" In the federation you get a three month holiday on rigel 4 with your ships concellor to discuss your "minor mishap" (please note at this point the earth has been assimilated by the borg or just plain blown up by the Death Star).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Borg apart from their adaption skillz, are quite hopeless in hand-to-hand combat. I remember in first contact, all Picard has to do was conjure a tommy gun in the holo-room and mow them down. Vader, with his lightsaber, would cut thru them like hot knife through butter.<span id='postcolor'>

It's just for the show though.....the borg have personal shields....that means no bullet could ever get through them....all for show....but other wise sure they are good for combat because:

1.The shields

2.super strength

3.assimilation ability

Light sabers can not get through shields either....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rogue2020 @ Jan. 22 2002,06:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Borg apart from their adaption skillz, are quite hopeless in hand-to-hand combat. I remember in first contact, all Picard has to do was conjure a tommy gun in the holo-room and mow them down. Vader, with his lightsaber, would cut thru them like hot knife through butter.<span id='postcolor'>

It's just for the show though.....the borg have personal shields....that means no bullet could ever get through them....all for show....but other wise sure they are good for combat because:

1.The shields

2.super strength

3.assimilation ability

Light sabers can not get through shields either....<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm, I haven't watched the series, but in the movie it doesn't look like they have personal shields. Apart from my Picard example, I remember Worf and his blade along with Data kicking those slow arsed borg. They might be strong, but they look very slow to be. Besides, Vader might not even need to come close, he'll just use the force to rip them apart or throw them continously against a bulkhead until they're pulp.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MAsta KFC @ Jan. 22 2002,13:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Borg apart from their adaption skillz, are quite hopeless in hand-to-hand combat. I remember in first contact, all Picard has to do was conjure a tommy gun in the holo-room and mow them down. Vader, with his lightsaber, would cut thru them like hot knife through butter.<span id='postcolor'>

1.The shields

2.super strength

3.assimilation ability

Light sabers can not get through shields either....<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm, I haven't watched the series, but in the movie it doesn't look like they have personal shields. Apart from my Picard example, I remember Worf and his blade along with Data kicking those slow arsed borg. They might be strong, but they look very slow to be. Besides, Vader might not even need to come close, he'll just use the force to rip them apart or throw them continously against a bulkhead until they're pulp.<span id='postcolor'>

In the movie they are dead fast man! When they attack engineering and data gets captured...did u see how quick they assimilated the whole team!?

By the way, in X-Wing (old StarWars game) lasers range was less than 2 km and in Starfleet command weapon ranges are tens or hundreds of thousands of kilometres...

And I got a new wacky subject to discuss: Federation vs. Babylon5-world. biggrin.gif

NO offence dear US citizens, I just think this pic is very interesting thinking bout the Empire and the fellows who want ot stop them...

empiredrioid.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PHY_Hawkeye @ Jan. 21 2002,20:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Empire would win, simply because they would build another Death Star.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, but the Empire needs huge battle-stations the size of a moon to destroy planets, whereas the Federation can do it with Genesis-bombs which you could fit in the back of a pick-up, let alone a fighter. No contest.

Your right about him using the force against em.....they do have shields though....infact in first contact they did but for some reason the writers thought bullets could get through an electro static forcefield....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MrLaggy @ Jan. 22 2002,05:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Empire would win, simply because they would build another Death Star.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, but the Empire needs huge battle-stations the size of a moon to destroy planets, whereas the Federation can do it with Genesis-bombs which you could fit in the back of a pick-up, let alone a fighter. No contest.<span id='postcolor'>

Well the death star blows up an entire planet.....genesis only kills everything on the planet....but now I think about how that one in star trek 3 was it?...that the planet blew up from it......

but still transporters can do so much more than beam people in...what about beaming them out...just target hundreds of people and beam em into space...... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rogue2020 @ Jan. 22 2002,20:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Empire would win, simply because they would build another Death Star.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, but the Empire needs huge battle-stations the size of a moon to destroy planets, whereas the Federation can do it with Genesis-bombs which you could fit in the back of a pick-up, let alone a fighter. No contest.<span id='postcolor'>

Well the death star blows up an entire planet.....genesis only kills everything on the planet....but now I think about how that one in star trek 3 was it?...that the planet blew up from it......

but still transporters can do so much more than beam people in...what about beaming them out...just target hundreds of people and beam em into space...... biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Let rember all that the death star can be taken out by a bunch of poxy little rebal fighters.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PHY_Hawkeye @ Jan. 22 2002,21:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes but my point is the Feds don't have any good pilots to put into "poxy little fighters"<span id='postcolor'>

Nope they got thoes big ass poxy starships

LEt's just face it the borg will assimilated by the borg.

We will all be added to the colective.

I forgot the rest im hoping a trekkie i know whould show up.

HEY SE7EN i need ur help here!

By the way, what do you think that would happen at Babylon5-guys vs. Federation? smile.gif

(There's no shields at babylon5 so I guess that federation would win biggrin.gif )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rogue2020 @ Jan. 22 2002,22:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well the death star blows up an entire planet.....genesis only kills everything on the planet....<span id='postcolor'>

Somehow I don't think that would make much difference to the people on the planet!

I think the Shivans from the Freespace series would 0wn both the Federation and the guys from Babylon 5.

The borg would take all, cos the majority of weapons in star wars are energy weapons and the borg adapt to them and so the borg would win!!

Hmmm....do they have Ion Cannons in the ST universe? Cuz the average SW ship has a whole bunch of em, and since I dont recall the Borg cubes having any shields, one good Ion punch would shut down the entire cube and all the Borg inside it (cuz of them depending on their implants so much).

And to get back on the matter of light sabres...I think they'd slice through the Borg shields without any problems, because they dont move at the speed of a fired projectile/beam. Slow objects should be able to penetrate it, otherwise the Borg wouldn't be able to grab any objects/persons, or let alone even walk.

No they couldn't get through them because for one they are lasers....

and remember in episode one that shield/force field was inbetween them and dark maul hit it with his saber and couldn't get through....

In regard to what "the force" can do, don't forget

what the continum is able to do. Who cares about

100's of Jedi's or Sith's, if "Q" only needs to snap

with his fingers and they are all balls on a christmas tree,

or worms in a piece of dog's sh**.

I love the Star Wars Saga, but i still think they,

and no other's too would have any chance against

the whole complex Star Trek univers.

If I remember correctly.. the Borg could assimalate/adapt to weapons.. so you might kill a few with on thing but soon they become immune to it... I think the reason they were killed by the Tommy gun was because they could not adapt to a solid object like that (bullet).. .. and couldent their ships do the same thing (cant remember).. so you may destroy 1 cube, but the next would be impervious to the weapon that attacked the first...

confused.gif

the borg do have incredibly strong shields, it just takes them 1 or 2 shots to adapt to a new weapon, but im sure they would have encountered someone using an ion cannon somwhere, so they would be ready for it.