Sign in to follow this  
snoops_213

East Artillery

getting one small error...

Script \Gvozdika\magazines.sqf not found

really? what situation does this happen? i will have a look to see if i've done something stupid but i dont seem to be getting this error and ive been testing ever night for the last week now. Its very strange because neither the original file or the scripts i've added refer in anyway to magazines.sqf. Anyone else getting this error? Oh you dont happen to be using a beta of UA 1.1 do you? (and if so can i have it please rofl.gif), I got a funny feeling that magazines.sqf will be used in UA 1.1, as i've come across a addon that refers to this and in its UA files it has extra lines of code to make it 1.1 compatible. If this is the case the_shadow im sure i can do something about that, are you gettin g the same with the MSTA? if not really bloody strange!

@Gedis you have Chain of Commands UA 1.0 addon? Well either way go to http://www.main.thechainofcommand.net/ and check out some of thier missions! The tutorial that comes with UA is great for learning how to use it and the example templates let you create mission easily. Also check out the CE2 addon if you dont already have it smile_o.gif

@Major Woody, maybe, but these addons that i've finally released were originally designed to meet my mission requirements, and shootnscoot is a big part of some missions im doing, as MRLS will respond in kind if they dont bug out, and so on and so on. I would prefer to do it properly if im going to do it at all. If all other avenues are exushted then I will look at re-starting the OWP BM-21.

really? what situation does this happen? i will have a look to see if i've done something stupid but i dont seem to be getting this error and ive been testing ever night for the last week now. Its very strange because neither the original file or the scripts i've added refer in anyway to magazines.sqf. Anyone else getting this error? Oh you dont happen to be using a beta of UA 1.1 do you? (and if so can i have it please rofl.gif), I got a funny feeling that magazines.sqf will be used in UA 1.1, as i've come across a addon that refers to this and in its UA files it has extra lines of code to make it 1.1 compatible. If this is the case the_shadow im sure i can do something about that, are you gettin g the same with the MSTA? if not really bloody strange!

@Gedis you have Chain of Commands UA 1.0 addon? Well either way go to http://www.main.thechainofcommand.net/ and check out some of thier missions! The tutorial that comes with UA is great for learning how to use it and the example templates let you create mission easily. Also check out the CE2 addon if you dont already have it smile_o.gif

@Major Woody, maybe, but these addons that i've finally released were originally designed to meet my mission requirements, and shootnscoot is a big part of some missions im doing, as MRLS will respond in kind if they dont bug out, and so on and so on. I would prefer to do it properly if im going to do it at all. If all other avenues are exushted then I will look at re-starting the OWP BM-21.

it appers when COC UA initalize... (thats when the COC insignia appers on screen)

oh, and yes... i DO use the 1.1 beta whistle.gif

and no, i DONT get it with MSTA.

Quote[/b] ]I would prefer to do it properly if im going to do it at all.

Amen! How can you argue whit that.  tounge2.gif

it appers when COC UA initalize... (thats when the COC insignia appers on screen)

oh, and yes... i DO use the 1.1 beta whistle.gif

and no, i DONT get it with MSTA.

well thats the problem then and as i dont have UA 1.1 in any way it can't relly do much about it, i'll try if it gets to annoying for you.

Now thats 2 of you i've met with 1.1 beta. sad_o.gif Feeling left out rofl.gif

And how bloody strange you dont get it with MSTA crazy_o.gif

yeah..

and another thing....

the 2s1 have a rocket sound when shooting... like *SWOOOOOOOSH* instead of *BANG*

and both lack recoil (but thats not important as you will likely never see them in a mission anyway) biggrin_o.gif

also the "hit" sound on the MSTA (2S19) is really dull... maybe improve that so it makes a bit better *bang* when the shells hit...

oh, and the 2S1 cant move (but that can be a bug in the UA 1.1 beta) but the 2S19 can (both gives a error when placing the move waypoint as a FO however)

and about giving you the beta of UA 1.1, i cant... you´ll have to ask Dinger for that (and he is available like 2 times a year due to RL work)

oh, and forgot a small thing....

could anyone fixa a nice script so that AI units can use these (meaning, AI gives the UA units order to fire on detected enemies if no own units are too close to the target)

yeah the problems your experiencing the_shadow is due to UA 1.1.

I've encounted that problem in another addon where some lines of coded were added for 1.1 support but cause error in 1.0. Can you tell me, is there an option for shootnscoot in the beta version?

Genral Barron has released a small script the does make AI call arty. However it doesnt lead the target, so really its only useful for attacking units at bases, or if you can suppress the enemy enough that arty has time to come down on them, its awesome as a counter-battery script!!!!. If anyone has a version that leads target (in the process of doing this myself but having some trouble getting them to target the lead area sad_o.gif ). I know that it came with a mission to demonstrate but i think i downloaded from OFPEC, so if you can find it i'll upload it and post a link.

yeah the problems your experiencing the_shadow is due to UA 1.1.

I've encounted that problem in another addon where some lines of coded were added for 1.1 support but cause error in 1.0. Can you tell me, is there an option for shootnscoot in the beta version?

Genral Barron has released a small script the does make AI call arty. However it doesnt lead the target, so really its only useful for attacking units at bases, or if you can suppress the enemy enough that arty has time to come down on them, its awesome as a counter-battery script!!!!. If anyone has a version that leads target (in the process of doing this myself but having some trouble getting them to target the lead area sad_o.gif ). I know that it came with a mission to demonstrate but i think i downloaded from OFPEC, so if you can find it i'll upload it and post a link.

not that i know of

i have never seen a shoot n´scoot option.

and yes, i have tried the script by general barron, not quite what im looking for, i want a bit more dynamic script.

btw, i have a couple of mortars that i have (or rather, Hornet85 have) remade to swedish mortars (with SFP crew and a bit modification) from this addon, however we cannot release it as we cant contact the original maker.

i would also like to make them UA compatible (one is a 81mm mortar as seen on the screen, and one is remade from 60mm to 120mm)

could anyone help in finding the maker of the addon and help us making it UA compatible?

(yes, i know this post is a little OT right now)

it would be very nice to have more artillery units in UA smile_o.gif

(there are a few new ones in UA 1.1 i should add)

so addon makers, dig up those old cannons you have made and make them UA compatible biggrin_o.gif

like what about making this addon compatible? :P

btw, i have a couple of mortars that i have (or rather, Hornet85 have) remade to swedish mortars (with SFP crew and a bit modification) from this addon, however we cannot release it as we cant contact the original maker.

i would also like to make them UA compatible (one is a 81mm mortar as seen on the screen, and one is remade from 60mm to 120mm)

could anyone help in finding the maker of the addon and help us making it UA compatible?

(yes, i know this post is a little OT right now)

it would be very nice to have more artillery units in UA smile_o.gif

(there are a few new ones in UA 1.1 i should add)

so addon makers, dig up those old cannons you have made and make them UA compatible biggrin_o.gif

like what about making this addon compatible? :P

I totally agree i would love more arty that was the reason i finally got off my arse and learnt how to add UA support to arty addons. That and I was sick to death of all the work required to get a platoon of heavy arty for the east side(not to mention company/battalion level).

I might not have made myself clear, if ANYONE has an addon that they want made UA compatible I AM MORE THAN WILLING TO DO IT, I just need the file(s) and permission from author(obviously smile_o.gif ). And when/IF UA 1.1 gets released for ofp1 i'll update all that i've done so far to incorperate the latest features!

What new units are in 1.1 beta? Do you get different types of rounds? so many bloody questions about it, im going to implode sad_o.gifrofl.gif

I like what your doing, though rather than focusing on adding lots and lots of stuff with COC UA support I think you should focus on just making a 4 unit east artillery pack that is an answer to the west artillery in the default COC UA pack.

For example...

UA 1.0 pack   | Your East pack

81MM Mortar      | 82MM Mortar

M101 105MM      | Maybe CSLA would loan you their BS3

M109 155MM      | 2S1 122MM

MLRS                | Grad, It's in one of the ZIL packs.

I don't know of any 82MM mortat addons as of yet. You coul probably get away with using the 81MM mortar over again. Would be cool if you could config the 82MM to be able to use 81MM shells also.

Hi Snoop

I think Ive found a problem. There is a scripting issue with your vehicles that really cuts down on the frame rate of the game. I dont know exactly what it is but it is consistent. Here is a test.

Using tonal try placing two groups of 4 east mobile arty pieces and command them as normally done. Then try the same test with the default West 109 and mlrs units. The framerate on my system using East pulses up and down from 30 fps to 1 fps. It doesnt happen with the west units. This means there is some inefficiency occuring in the scripts somewhere. Hope this helps.

well, i can say this about UA 1.1

there are a few new units (2 east and 1 west), there is more types of rounds and different fuzings (like airburst/Time)

but thats about all i can say...

As i said, here is an updated version of the MSTA

http://www10.rapidupload.com//file.php?filepath=20280

it now fires 8rpm and will hit where it's supposed to. Oh and the P3d error is gone smile_o.gif

And now here is a Gvozdika, 2s1, 122mm D-30 Howitzer SP. Its the one out of Villa's mod, again with his permission. I know about the textures so if anyone wants them updated or to bitch about it, talk to vilas in his thread. But since im calling it in, i dont care what it looks like, cause i never see it  biggrin_o.gif  

http://www10.rapidupload.com//file.php?filepath=20281

Again any problems please let me know.

As for the OWP BM-21, it will NOT work. Because there is 2 different models, 1 for moving & 1 for firing, and are switched between each other. If OWP were willing to modify their model, then i would have half a chance. Sorry guys. Im still looking for the other BM-21 that people keep telling me about but can't find it sad_o.gif As soon as i do i will see what can be done. However don't dispare, as there maybe other russian arty pieces on the way. Have fun all smile_o.gif

The links do not work.

Can you tell me where to find this two new models?

Snoops, looks like you know some about artillery scripts. Spetsnaz mod is looking for help with scripting with their Luna-M project. The model and texturing done, but they need help with scripting the damn thing. Will you be interested?

Hi all ok heres a new download link for the arty units

http://www.4shared.com/file/1077156/37beeb7d/2s19MSTA.html

and

http://www.4shared.com/file/1077155/aeb7bac7/Gvozdika.html

I've tried to find the cause of the lag and I think i have it beat some, but in some cases it still lags. Sorry

@.COMmunist If they want my help i wont say no.

again have fun all, and if anyone has some better models they want made UA compatible im still willing to do it smile_o.gif