Sign in to follow this  
j w

New campaign

Hi!

I just wanted you to know that I started to make a campaign.

The second mission is done, I'm not sure how to put up the first.

Some of the missions will be going for broke, like one infantry vs. a few tanks. Some of the missions will be planned, larger scale battles, but never twentyfour infantrys and ten tanks on each side batteling to see who the last one standing is.

The campaing is set on Everon and you play as Russian (ah, crap, there I lost the half of you tounge2.gif)

Short story:

"The year is 1978. The russians who habited the calm island of Everon has been driven away by the US, beacause the needed the island for supplybases, if any brakeout of the Cold War.

The russians we're taken another island, Malden, a semester paradise, controlled by the US governement. From there they could go home to Russia or stay on Malden. Those who went home to Russia did the right thing (or did they?).

Russians on Malden were treated like lower humans. They weren't allowed to visit the most stores, instead, they had to got to the so called "Victims of war"-centre (That was phsycologic warfare, tested on civilians, beacause there was no war yet) to get food and clothes.

Most american people weren't allowed to talk to them, beacause the risk of intelligience leaks.

It took a while for the russians to get knowledge of the situation, but the 68 russian people on Malden, stole weapons, ammo, tents, food and other supplies from a US supplycenter on Malden, and created a resistance.

After beating the US away, keeping south Malden cities Chapoi, Sainte Marie, Cancon, La Riviere, Le Port as their own, they managed to contact the russian governement wich lead to an invasion of Everon in protest."

Name: Not decided

Addons: None at the moment

You have questions or opinions?

Post here or PM me smile_o.gif

BTW; If you wonder why the Russian army attacked Everon instead of Malden where the resistance was fighting, there will be an answer for that when the campaing is finished wink_o.gif

//JW smile_o.gif

yay.gif At last a compleate russian campaign yay.gif

I'm trired of USA allways being heroes, tired of US allways doing the right thing, US never interrogates civilians or killing them. yay.gif

sounds pretty cool

How many missions?

Will it include voice files or will it just have sidechats?

Sounds good though theres not many good Russian campaigns around apart frm the Retaliation once which i hae spotted a few bugs in it which stop some missios from completing.

But anyway sounds good.

sounds pretty cool

How many missions?

Will it include voice files or will it just have sidechats?

Sounds good though theres not many good Russian campaigns around apart frm the Retaliation once which i hae spotted a few bugs in it which stop some missios from completing.

But anyway sounds good.

Probably voice files. Of course I will script sidechat, groupchat etc, but they will have sounds with them (Hopefully in russian)

How many missions?

Hmm, haven't decided that yet, I will just do some missions (in theory) and think if there is something missing, I will try to add that...

smile_o.gif

yay.gif At last a compleate russian campaign yay.gif

I'm trired of USA allways being heroes, tired of US allways doing the right thing, US never interrogates civilians or killing them. yay.gif

general: try the Yankie Stalker campaign! You can kill civilians with US soldiers... whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]At last a compleate russian campaign

Or the excellent Retaliation campaign

Link

Dont be put off by the large download size - its what the Red Hammer campaign should have been.

...its what the Red Hammer campaign should have been.

Ouch! wink_o.gif

Anyways, some progress of the campaing. I have made the first mission (the intro to wink_o.gif ) and the second mission needs a small intro and the beginning is finished.

Also, I have put up some example stories for each mission (though that's classified).

Hope I'll get this done smile_o.gif

Some update:

I've been thinking.

Why not use nice addons?

For east side it is RHS Infantry, the Gaz 66, the T80 pack and ORCS T90's.

For the US side I'm still thinking.

I was thinking of going with the corps (Safety's USMC), some nice AH-1's, M1A2 SEP, CBT HMMWV's and the Huey by Prep_H.

Does that sound good?

Or something else for the US Side?

(Ignore the fact that this will become a west side/east side war tounge2.gif)

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

i would go with either Hyk infantry or BAS delta rangers for US side but thats only cause i think they look cool biggrin_o.gif

But the east side looks fine and the rest of West is good

US Army doesn't use Huey's and Cobra's, they use BlackHawk's and Apache's.

Right?

But thanks for the input, I'll check into it.

IIRC USMC uses the Cobra but the regular US army doesnt.

The blackhawk is used by the US army but not sure on the huey

IIRC USMC uses the Cobra but the regular US army doesnt.

That's what I said...

The Huey is no longer used.

RHS stuff is all I wanted to hear, the best russian addons available at the moment. Nice story too !

Looking forward into this campaign !

The Huey is no longer used.

UH1Y "Huey" is no longer used, but I of course meant the UH1N. Isn't that also called Huey?

Or is it Twin Huey?

Very confused

@the rest;

Thanks for showing interest, that makes me work even harder wink_o.gif

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

This campaigns required addons will land on approx 600MB.

So I'll have to work really hard to get it really good.

confused_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Just a small suggestion; You could skip addons, work on the campaign, and once ArmA is out you could convert it and use ArmA 'vanilla stuff'.

I also bet that the islands and units from Elite will be available for ArmA, sooner or later. whistle.gif

But ArmA may not be released in a while though.. icon11.gif

600 mb? Thats the heck of a lot. Even for me (DSL Flat).

For this amount it will indeed have to be a really excellent Campaign (i'm talking of 10+ missions). Sorry, but doing that with the standart units is more recommendable. If somebody wants to play it with some more up to date units he may use FFUR or whatever. The most important for me, which determines wether i play the campaign or not, is the story, not the addons.

But if you insist on 600 mb you could also take some new islands. wink_o.gif

Nah. I like Everon.

tounge2.gif

Anyways, first mission is pretty done. Need's a nice intro, but nothing to spectacular.

It's gonna be one of the most actionpacked missions, where you assault a US held town (used as supplybase).

FYI; You're a 25 year old russian (no name there either yet tounge2.gif) that just became SpetzNaz after serving in the russian army before. You are RPG, and is still private, but this is an important war, not just for the citizen's of the russian island Everon, but also for Russia, to show their position against the US, so if you play good, you might climb a bit...

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

Ok, after a few months of no-working I've started again, but this time with a littlebit changed story.

Mission 1 - The assault

Situation:

A US supplybase (repairtrucks, ammo and fuel) has been spotted north of Saint Phillippe (Everon), and also hostile movement in the town itself, so russians send in troops from the small base they've setup far from the island.

They decide on sending 4 BMPs and 14 soldiers to clear the area of hostile infantry and armored vehicles, and also to steal the supply trucks.

The catch is that the airports status is unknown, it was to dangerous for the scouts to move up there, so therefore the russians decide on moving in Saint Phillippe, clearing it, and setup a base there, and then move onto the airport.

The rest of the island is hostile territory, where US hold the bigger towns, Montignac, Morton, Lamentin and Saint Pierre as bases, but also mobile forces in between them.

Force:

Infantry: 14 soldiers, all attacking Saint Phillippe and surroundings.

Armored: 4 BMPs carrying and aiding the infantry.

Goals:

1. Clear Saint Phillipe of hostile forces in order for Russian troops to move in and make a camp

2. Steal the US supply trucks

3. If there is time enough, go to the airport for further investigation.

Mission 2 - The airport

Situation:

Unknown status of the airport, the russian forces wich now are mobilised and have Saint Phillippe as base, is going upto the airport to investigate, and clear if there are hostile troops in the area. (If you didn't have time for that last mission)

Force:

Same as Mis1.

Goals:

1. Clear the airport of any possible hostile forces.

Mission 3 - Taking ground

Situation:

Scouts have reported alot of activity in the the towns of Meaux, Tyrone and Gravette. Both infantry and armored activity have been reported in the three towns.

The towns are very near the base in Saint Phillippe, and therefore the russian forces plan during the day take atleast two of the towns, Meaux and Tyrone, wich are priorotized, seing as Gravette is placed down in a natural crater, and that would be a tactical disadvantage for any defenders, but the town should be checked, same here, if there is time enough.

There are very heavy defense, especially in Meaux.

Force:

Infantry: 21 soldiers, 14 on Meaux, 7 on Tyrone.

Armored: 4 T80, 1 BMP. The T80 platoon is a bit behind the infantry, but will assist on the Meaux assault.

The BMP carries and aids the 7 soldiers on Tyrone.

Goals:

1. Clear Meaux, Tyrone and Gravette. Priorities are on Meaux and Tyrone, if there is time the forces nearby will clear Gravette.

2. Defend any positions your squad mave have taken, there can be reinforcments from the south on the way.

That's the story sofar, there will be more missions, but I haven't made the storie up yet, plus, I wont spill much more info whistle.gif

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

14 infantry and 4 BMPS? WTF? good luck clearing a barn with that, the BMPs would be sitting ducks with 14 infantry between them.

I've cleared several towns with hard oponents, with just one bmp and myself, so STFU if you don't like it...

confused_o.gif

so STFU if you don't like it...

If you cannot speak to other forum members in a civil manner you will lose the ability to use the forums.