Sign in to follow this  
mp_phonix

Winter Olympics - Torino 2006

I also impressed that Finnish Curling team beat Britain in semi-finals but was defeated by Canada at gold medal match.

Finland really screwed up their chances after changing tactic for the final. Rest of the tournament they played low scored games with lots of take outs and that worked for them. In the final they tried having more stones in the game and it was a big mistake.

Sweden-Finland = dream finals. A thriller as expected.

well somehow I never expected our team to win the game

At least you live in Finland.

I live in sweden and each time Finland loses against Sweden I have to deal with, PRKL!

In the ending ceronomy, the Vancouver 2010 show was screwed up i thought. The Native American chief stuff was just tacky, and after that i just thought it all went to hell. You got a clown coming in on a skidoo doing a headstand and then having a go at breaking ice, then you get clowns/snowmen coming in running around with blocks of ice above their heads. Avril Lavigne then comes in and thats fine, but you got clowns screwing around on skateboards and big wheels. The only thing i saw that had anything to do with winter olympics during the singing was the ice hockey guys, who were in the dark anyway.

Torinos stuff wasnt that great either, but at least they got the flames going off to music which was pretty good.

A show's better than just a promo movie, but i thought Vancouvers show was pretty crap. If you told a psychologist what you had just seen they would institutionalise you.

LOL, I didn't watch that closing shit, but from what you described, it would of sucked all the shit out of my ass, and then some biggrin_o.gif

How do you think we feel?

I dont know who picked our theme but...

tounge2.gif  goodnight.gif

EDIT: What did the guy say who grabbed the microphone during the closing announcments and then got booted off the stage?

I did'nt see the closing ceremony. This olympics was by far the most dissapointing for me. Our mens hockey team seemed so uninterested. Good to see Sweden win thought, they caught a tough break in 2002. hopefully Mats Sundin will bring some of the good luck back to the Maple Leafs! smile_o.gif