Sign in to follow this  
mp_phonix

Winter Olympics - Torino 2006

Is anyone watching the olympcis ?

the op[eniong ceremony yesterday was amazing  smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

i'l hope the russian hokey team will win ! smile_o.gif GO RUSSIA ! pistols.gif  pistols.gif

I'd like to watch it, but for the most part the 60 channels I have here only show events of their country, so US or Canada. Booring....

Nice time to try operation disinformation, hint hint.

i'l hope the russian hokey team will win ! smile_o.gif GO RUSSIA ! pistols.gif  pistols.gif

Too, bad cause Sweden will win...

wink_o.gif

I think the final match will be Canada or US vs. Czech Republic. I bet on CZ. smile_o.gif

I think the final match will be Canada or US vs. Czech Republic. I bet on CZ.  smile_o.gif

Now, that was a...

Uhmm, I'll probably get PRed if i finish that sentence crazy_o.gif

wink_o.gif

Australia sucks at the winter Olypics so I dont watch it. I wacth the Ice Hockey sometimes wink_o.gif

Australia sucks at the winter Olypics so I dont watch it. I wacth the Ice Hockey sometimes wink_o.gif

Thats because our countries have no snow.

I'm more interested in the Winter X Games, World's Strongest Man competition, or even the Lumberjack competitions than I am of the majority of the winter olympic events.

I do like the biathlon, tho I would replace those pussy guns they got and replace them with Barrett M82s biggrin_o.gif

I'm more interested in the Winter X Games, World's Strongest Man competition, or even the Lumberjack competitions than I am of the majority of the winter olympic events.

I do like the biathlon, tho I would replace those pussy guns they got and replace them with Barrett M82s  biggrin_o.gif

Lumberjacking combined with running was an event in the early years.

I don't care about most of the events but things like curling can be quite entertaining.

I'll be watching it, winter sports are far better than 'normal' sports smile_o.gif

Especially snowboarding and ice hockey.

Watched some snowboarding, ski-shooting ( pistols.gif or what do you call it?), ski-jumping and in the past few days, curling. It just seems that every time I open TV to watch the olympics they're showing curling tounge2.gif. But, it's fun to watch... especially when Finland is beating everyone biggrin_o.gif.

Yeah, its on too much. I dont get how they play it as it doesnt seem to be who gets closest to the target, which is what it appears at first. Someone compared it to Chess. I dunno if that was tactics wise, or if they were just taking the piss out of its slow and not so action packed style.

I really liked watching the Snowboard-Cross. I'm not a fan of the Halfpipe snowboarding, and not of Motocross either, but snowboardcross i really liked.

Ice Hockey i liked too. No where to play it here, but looked fun to play and was good to watch too.

Generally speacking, the time-only sports i'm not such a fan of. Bobsleighing and the bobsledge look great to take part in, but to watch is as much fun as curling.

P.S. I believe its Canada thats beating everyone Scorpion... goodnight.gif

Sweden vs. Canada in hockey finals (ladies)

They're toast confused_o.gif

Ah, well, a silver isn't bad, right?

smile_o.gif

Ah, well, a silver isn't bad, right?

smile_o.gif

Definatley not! Really a great performance from our ladies biggrin_o.gif

The men's hockeyteam though... Well, they suck tounge2.gif

I have been watching a ton of curling, curling kicks ass. One day last week I think I watched a whole-day marthon of it. This sport rules.

The girls from the US team are pretty hot too, to bad they got eliminated today.

Oh and for the scoring, its whoever has their rocks closer to the center at the end of the inning (called an end). So if team A has one rock closer to the center than team B's closest rock, team A gets 1 pt and team B gets none. If team A has 3 rocks closer than team B's closest rock, they get 3 pts and team B gets none. In each inning, only one team scores. Get it?

The men's hockeyteam though... Well, they suck tounge2.gif

I wonder if Foppa's gonna play?

whistle.gif

*smacks wobl*

Or whatever his name is.

Sweden rules. When you grow up you'll understand. Sweet dreams.

Weebl I believe and I think the fact that Britain actually managed to get a medal at all in these games is strange, we got a bronze in men's curling (I think) lets hope there's plenty more where that came from biggrin_o.gif

Finland beats Russia 4-0.

See you at the finals, Sweden!  yay.gif

I also impressed that Finnish Curling team beat Britain in semi-finals but was defeated by Canada at gold medal match. Silver is still not so bad when there are about 1,000 curling players in the entire country (Canada has some 1 million).

Quote[/b] ]we got a bronze in men's curling (I think) lets hope there's plenty more where that came from

Ahem, I don't know what you've been watching, but Britain lost Bronze match for USA 8-6 icon_rolleyes.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/winter_sports/4744334.stm

The cz hockey team will obviously win, even though they're a bunch of schoolgirls. wink_o.gif

*obscure reference mode off*

Finland beats Russia 4-0.

See you at the finals, Sweden!  yay.gif

I also impressed that Finnish Curling team beat Britain in semi-finals but was defeated by Canada at gold medal match. Silver is still not so bad when there are about 1,000 curling players in the entire country (Canada has some 1 million).

It's gonna be a tough game. These two teams knows each other like no other. Sweden is getting stronger but they haven't been on the top of their play yet so if they manage to take yet another step they might cause some problems for Finland, but if they don't they won't stand a chance against the finns with their intensity. It's still just a single game so anything can happen.

I'm very disappointed though with what the finns have achived in the ski-jumping and nordic combined. Manninen especially has been totally dominating the world cup this season, but he only managed to get a ninth(?) place as best in the individual diciplines.

It will indeed be a tough game, I agree that Finland had much more intensity today than Russian team which's roster is full of talented players. Russia's midfield game was totally broken off by Finns which caused them to lose the puck and broke off the their offensive plans. 5 vs 3 PP which Russia squndered achieving no goals definately broke their morale.

It was a surprise that Russia came so unpassionately to third period and managed only two shots against Finnish goal in the entire period and eventually frustrated, relying on dirty tricks which only brough them two 2+2min penalties while losing all hope of any serious attempt to even scores.

But in previous USA-game Finland froze up seriously in 2nd and 3rd periods after achieving 2-0 lead positions and match ended narrowly 3-2. Hopefully such lock-ups don't happen against Sweden and they keep the mobility & intensity or Finland might be in trouble. It's hard to compare the teams based on latest games since Czechs especially played such a lackluster game and Russia effectively stopped playing in the third period.

Quote[/b] ]we got a bronze in men's curling (I think) lets hope there's plenty more where that came from

Ahem, I don't know what you've been watching, but Britain lost Bronze match for USA 8-6  icon_rolleyes.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/winter_sports/4744334.stm

GB got a silver from the women's skeleton.

By the way GB's icehockey team won the olympic gold at Garmisch and Partenkirchen in 1936. The whole truth though is that the players were Canadians with dual citizenships.