Sign in to follow this  
esti_the_big

load ia Trang into a map editor

I'm new to this map making stuff, but I wanted to make my own first tries...

I thought about remaking Ia Trang, the well known map from the sebNam pack. for myself as a starter. I know about several problems in improting wrp islands into visitor and all those format problems, and after some hours trying to get it out myself I thought I'd better wright here.

So whow do I import Ia trang into a map editor and then replace the objects with some others?

you cant edit maps with visitor you can only make them from scratch

you need to get wrptool..i dont have a link for it handy, do a search and it should come up

tried to load it with wrptool but there seems to be a problem with the texturesand the objects. WRP cant find the path to those...

what about just importing the topographic information of ia trang so I can start from scratch in visitor?

i already unpacked that pbo, but no matter where i put the contents, when the wrp is loaded it doesn't find the files... Aren't the paths to those contents maybe defined in the ia trang wrp itself? or could you just give me a small step by step instruction so I can successfully load it into wrpedit?

wrptool and wrpedit are 2 different programs

it been i while since ive used the program so i cant remeber exactly

off the top of my head but wrptool comes with a pretty exstensive manual which will help you set it up right

wrptool site

dont set the path to the sebnam_obj foldermake a folder like "ofpedit" and put unpacked pbo folders in that and set the texture and object paths to the ofpedit folder