Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

ACU/M16A4 or BDU/M16A2...

Hi everyone,

As maybe several people already know, there's a passionate debate in FFUR thread that divides people in 2 sides, people for ACU and M16A4 and others for BDU and M16A2.

As far as we know, actually a large part of the US army still carries the M16A2 as main firearm and this has already been confirmed by several militaries and ex-militaries, but some others reported that the M16A4 and even M4 (mostly for US army personnel stationed outside USA) are increasingly used.

I would be glad to incorporate both of them but this won't make sense.

Your vote and opinion would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks for your cooperation.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

I think resources are the main reason that the newer epuipment isn`t introduced wordlwide by now. So they should use ACU/M16A4.

i think you should use both. its going to be a while before the acu is in full issue, and even longer, if ever, before the M16a4 has replaced all the a2's.

i think you should use both. its going to be a while before the acu is in full issue, and even longer, if ever, before the M16a4 has replaced all the a2's.

The acu is suppost to be fully used by the army by the end of 06 , however that is what my sgt said and he's been wrong

As far as I can recall the initial idea was to replace the M16A2 with the M4 (or M4A1). I don't see much sense in replacing the A2 with the A4, that is better, but not a major improvement imo.

I agree with Miss_Cleo. Using both will take longer to implement (with having to code both, and add new sub-classes and such WEST > Men and WEST > Men (ACU) etc.), but it covers both bases, and pleases everyone.

How does it not make sense? If anything, it makes more sense. Otherwise you'll have roughly half the community moaning that you haven't included the version that loses this vote. Obviously with it being a CONVERSION mod as opposed to a mod adding new units, it'll be hard to decide which unit type becomes the new "Default" West guys, but perhaps thats what this poll should be deciding - not which one to include, but which should become the primary replacement for the default WEST units. Then the other (losing) unit type become a secondary selection in another unit class.

When both are used, what will be the standard west soldier?

Damn, i hope in Armed Assault it will be possible to make such selections. huh.gif

i dont know what do you mean ACU/BDU,

but i think the best is the camo from FFUR 2005 (Modern HyK soldiers) and M-16A2 ??(dunno why but i like it more) or instead m-16A2 arm them with M4

Instead of incorparating both ACU and BDU in the same pack have two seperate packs and that way everyone's happy biggrin_o.gif

you should use both

and specially mixed versions

the acu isnt that common in places where the yanks are set

and iv they wear old interceptor vest on their acu set

+ you cant say acu+m16a4 or bdu+m16a2

thats pure bullshit..

theres no either or..

dont make stuff as it should be make it as it IS

I think you should use both by say having an alternate config file or patch which can convert between ACU or BDU if thats possible.

OR

if that can not be done have a readme file with the config file for the one not implemented which can easily be pasted into an editable config ......

Hum might be the same thing

A small patch to make it have ACU and M16A4 would be fine if you are not too close to finishing.

And I'm 100% sure that the M16A4 is full-auto.

I say go with the ACU, it really dosent matter which weapon though, allthough an M-4 or A4 would be nice.

I say go with Nut's ACU soldiers, they have ACU uniforms with Interceptor and other riggings in the old desert camo, etc.

And I have seen allot of US troopers in the new ACU, they are available in PX's and surplus stores everywhere so pretty much any soldier can get their hands on some if they dont want to wait and be issued some. I can dig up plenty of photos of soldiers in Iraq and elsewhere in ACU if you would like.

I know everyone over there dosent use them, but the number of pictures I have seen leads me to believe allot of them do.

So for realisms sake I say go with the ACU since they are becoming more commone and popular.

well for ffur 2005 it would be bdu/m16a2/M4A1

If doin current day to future force ACU/M16A4/M8A1 Cause people are gonna snivle about that. As The pentigon with to rid the invintory of the M16 series weapons and its varients. The M2HBA2 will be replaced by a M301 or 302 still going through trails. But a few have been leaked out to get actual combat time.

the ACU camo is an ugly peice of shit.  

why debate about using the A2 or the A4?  There is no big difference in OFP.  And performance wise, nothing noticeable.

Too bad you are 100% wrong tounge2.gifrofl.gif Sorry, couldn't resist HAHA

http://www.colt.com/mil/M16_2.asp smile_o.gif

AVAILABLE MODELS

RO901 : Flat top, Safe/Semi/Full Auto

RO905 : Flat top, Safe/Semi/Burst

RO701 : Fixed handle, Safe/Semi/Full Auto

RO705 : Fixed handle, Safe/Semi/Burst

dude it says right there on that page its full-auto you stupid idiot. Think before you flame someone"

Quote[/b] ] FIRE CONTROL SELECTION Safe - Semi - Full Auto

You also have to look at this from a gameplay point of view.

The ACU uniforms look more like desert uniforms, in Operation Flashpoint, at least. They don't look very nice, and they don't.. Well they don't fit in. They stand out.

I think the BDU's are fine, just leave 'em as is. And just leave the M16 as is.. I mean, the majority of the USArmy is using BDU/M16a2, right? So why not just leave it as is. Plus you spent all that time working on the camo, might as well use it. And thus ends my two cents.

Too bad you are 100% wrong  tounge2.gif  rofl.gif Sorry, couldn't resist HAHA

http://www.colt.com/mil/M16_2.asp  smile_o.gif

AVAILABLE MODELS

True, but what's issued is the ones with the burst fire function, not Full Auto.  Remember it's like the belief that everybody in the Army uses M4A1s, which only SF does, and uses the standard M4.

And to go with the motion that have two seperate uniforms, BDU and ACU, and why it's such a debate on weapons is pointless, not all units have A4s and still soldier on with A2s, (and not everybody surely does not have ACUs as well, the majority who do have ACUs are incoming Recruits, they get full issue when they come in, and MCSS is starting to sell them, and it's hard to get the right size too, so you have to order online) so include both and be done with it.

well for ffur 2005 it would be bdu/m16a2/M4A1

If doin current day to future force ACU/M16A4/M8A1  Cause people are gonna snivle about that.   As The pentigon with to rid the invintory of the M16 series weapons and its varients.  The M2HBA2 will  be replaced by a M301 or 302 still going through trails.  But a few have been leaked out to get actual combat time.

rofl.gif  to bad the M8 is broke  tounge2.gif

http://www.colt.com/mil/M16_2.asp smile_o.gif

AVAILABLE MODELS

Colt hasn't made M16s for the US military since 1988 - FN Herstal got the contract from that point.

Now I am no expert but neither are a lot of people who have already shared their opinion so here goes mine:

From all the pictures Ive seen, most of the Army's frontline units, they use the M4A1.  This is why we saw so many pictures of the M4A1 when OIF started because all of the frontline units like the 101st and 82nd airborne, 2nd and 3rd Armored Calvary, and 3rd Mech. Inf Divisions were deployed in the beginning.  However, since the 'end of the war' a lot of reserve and national guard units have been deployed, who are still stuck with the M16A2.  Also, a lot of the support batallions still use the M16A2.  This is why we see more pics of the M16A2 then we did in the beginning of the war.

Furthermore, some of the Army's recently constituted divisions, the 'high-tech' mech infantry batallions, are using the M16A4.   This would include all the new Stryker batallions.

Now these are just general guidelines and of course nothing is universal in the Army.

Also, for you non-Americans, dont confuse the Army with the Marines.  They are the big users of the M16A4, not the Army. The Marines have pretty much fully switched to the M16A4 since just after the beginning of OIF.  Before that they used the M16A2, and the only units in the Marines that use M4s are special units such as Force Recon etc.  However, like the Army, many of the support and reserve units in the Marines still use the A2.

Now for camo:

From what I can understand, pretty much any Army unit that rotates over to Iraq since sometime last year gets sent there with the new ACU.  The only units that still have BDU's are the ones that were there before the ACU was implemented.  So sometime soon all Army units in Iraq should be wearing the ACU.  However, like always there are going to be exceptions, most notably the special operations community.  Also, it will probably be awhile before all the reserve and support units get ACU.

The Marines have pretty much fully switched over to MARPAT camo for some time now, before that they wore BDU's, and they never have and never will wear ACU.

So in the end, I don't think either of the poll choices would be fitting for the Army in the near future.  The best choice would be ACU and M4A1's.

Hi,

Thanks to all people who voted or shared informations about the current equipment used in the US army.

Quote[/b] ]i think you should use both. its going to be a while before the acu is in full issue, and even longer, if ever, before the M16a4 has replaced all the a2's

The votes are tight, with a small advantage to the M16A2/BDU.

But I think this is so far the best way to follow in order to satisfie both sides but we'd be forced to use one camo as replacement because mixing both of them wouldn't be that good in game and won't make sense if 2 soldiers of the same squad would be wearing 2 different battle dresses, though.

The solution I suggest is to implement an additional 'vehicleclass' especially for 'ACU soldiers' and 'BDU soldiers' would be used instead of BIS ones as long as their camo fit with OFP islands green field.

But only you decide.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84