Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

IMO that's not very immersive, that's just unplayable.

Oh thats right, i also kept the command screen, altough i wouldnt really miss it, when commanding a squad i usually use my mic+that program which automatically presses buttons when you say something so i can command mostly with my voice (i know the commands)

actionmenu (which fades and only comes up when the users presses a button)+commandmenu is all that i need.

So buttons to disable everything else would be nice, 1 button for every part of the hud (and possible forced server side in MP), that way everyone would be happy. I dont expect this to be added but hey, you reacted kinda agressive while i only told you how I liked to play my game wink_o.gif

If you disable your HUD in OFP with DXdll, you'll lose your weaponview too.

x2 animations are much needed.

Indeed,but having the press button and suddenly appear in the vehicle is twice as bad,if anything they should keep generic animations or give the ability for different vehicles to have their own get in and out animations on them.

Point being,having one certain animation for a certain vehicle,like say..this animation for all helicopters while this one for all wheeled vehicles and this one for tanks. Not all helicopter are the same and their doors open differently,some from the opposite side of the other,some on the same side,some open horizontally while others open verticly. So if it were possible a vehicle to have its own defining animation tied to it,though it would be alot of work,would make it look much better and that much more realistic because the soldiers wouldn't be doing the same thing.

And if it were possible to allow the character to grab the door handle or whatever it is it would make it better,just like kicking in a door or so. Not an idea for Armed Assault but mostly game2,I don't see much reason why this could not be achievable since it is supposed to be next gen,this animations for seperate vehicles varying would also make it next gen so to speak.

Point being,having one certain animation for a certain vehicle,like say..this animation for all helicopters while this one for all wheeled vehicles and this one for tanks. Not all helicopter are the same and their doors open differently,some from the opposite side of the other,some on the same side,some open horizontally while others open verticly. So if it were possible a vehicle to have its own defining animation tied to it,though it would be alot of work,would make it look much better and that much more realistic because the soldiers wouldn't be doing the same thing.

And if it were possible to allow the character to grab the door handle or whatever it is it would make it better,just like kicking in a door or so. Not an idea for Armed Assault but mostly game2,I don't see much reason why this could not be achievable since it is supposed to be next gen,this animations for seperate vehicles varying would also make it next gen so to speak.

im not sure if i remember this correctly, but i think a while back i read something about weapons and vehicles having the ability to call up custom animations for them selfs. like an M4 would call for its own animation so the player model holds the weapon correctly along with reload animation.

if this info is correct this means that the objects (weapons and vehicles) have premade animations stored with-in them, and this is far better than making it so that the soldier model has to have all the animation files in it.

this can also lead to having the solders move with vehicle mounted weapons instead of the old OFP style(store room dummy). would sure make this game look and feel alot better.

i hope im right on this.

I have seen no evidence of any of this in any of the screenshots or videos thus far.

I have seen no evidence of any of this in any of the screenshots or videos thus far.

But I do remember it in an interview....

Quote[/b] ]like an M4 would call for its own animation so the player model holds the weapon correctly along with reload animation.

if this info is correct this means that the objects (weapons and vehicles) have premade animations stored with-in them, and this is far better than making it so that the soldier model has to have all the animation files in it.

I don't get this, the weapon will have it own animation? So the weapon will adept to the player instead of the player to the weapon? tounge2.gif I don't get it, must be me...

Anyway, here's the list with improvements regarding addonmaking, posted few months ago on ofp.info

Quote[/b] ]

Addon Making

* Conversion of addons should be easy, but the objecty have to be adapt.

* Model config is attached to each addon.

* Names of selections can be user defined.

* You can attach several animations to one selection (e.g. gear animations).

* Animations are directly made with the model and can be viewed in Bulldozer.

* New animation: "Translation".

* Tools as O2 or Visitor are going to be released before ArmA.

* Models have a skeleton as basis (in the model config).

* Materials can be configured (wood, steel, etc).

* "Certified Content Developers" will probably supported by BI in a special way and will get more information plus answers to their questions; also they get the signatures for their PBOs.

* Improved support of import from 3DS Max and Maya.

* Probably you can use different camos on one modell.

* Theoretical infinite size of islands possible (thanks to streaming, which was developed for OFP:E).

* Cellgrid was already tested with 5m-tiles.

Never said there was,I was saying how it would be a nice feature to make things more realistic,instead of infantry having an animation for a certain vehicle type for every vehicle type that falls into that category,each vehicle/weapon could have its own animation so to speak.

Hopefully we will be able to disable all the HUD anyway, so...  wink_o.gif

Good luck trying to cycle weapons/fire modes then. I really don't like how people make the mistake of thinking that disabling the HUD makes it so much more realistic.

Okay, okay!!! wink_o.gif

It's been so long since I played OFP that I don't remember the fading HUD. And anyway, things like the crosshair would stay up anyway wouldn't they? This is one thing I don't want on my screen.

I am an Uber-Hardcore Roleplayer, this is why I would like to be able to disable the HUD, although obviously, it is useful being able to press a key just to check what fire mode I am in or how many bullets I have left etc...

I like doing 'Combat Photography' and the last thing I want in my 'photos' is a load of writing and stupid icons... wink_o.gif

Having now read the rest of this thread, I think you misunderstood what I meant about 'disabling the HUD'. And I didn't know that the HUD fades out anyway, so all should be well now... wink_o.gif

oh hell yea. Swimming, no more stupid drowning!!!!! biggrin_o.gif

Anyone seen these before ?

House destruction

Heli flying

Evasive rolling

Swimming

The videos are from Morphicon , the german publisher

Hey, they were some shots that were worthwhile posting....thnx..great quality videos !!!

So no more sticking to buildings when they are destroyed....that's what I really hate in OFP banghead.gif

What happens to whoever is in the building huh.gif do they disappear too huh.gif

So do you lose your gun when you enter the water ?? or can you only swim when you don't have a gun ??

House destruction

Heli flying

Evasive rolling

Swimming

Hey, they were some shots that were worthwhile posting....thnx..great quality videos !!!

So no more sticking to buildings when they are destroyed....that's what I really hate in OFP  banghead.gif

So do you lose your gun when you enter the water ?? or can you only swim when you don't have a gun ??

hope not, probably just wont be able to use it

When Placebo said "Never say never" about swimming, that really gave me hope. Now it's confirmed wow_o.gif . Awesome!

*EDIT* Also, if in 1st person and you do an evasive roll, does your screen also roll? I don't know why they didn't also show 1st person view on that one.

I don't know why they didn't show 1st person view on that one.

Probably because they wanted to show the animation, and not the camera fumbling around. tounge2.gif

I don't know why they didn't show 1st person view on that one.

Probably because they wanted to show the animation, and not the camera fumbling around. tounge2.gif

Sorry, forgot the "also"

I wonder if there is a time limit on the amount time you have swimming in the water.......5 minutes should be enough to stop the campers rofl.gif

Regarding swimming and equipment - in whatever thread it was where Placebo made his 'Never say never' post, if I remember correctly, a few posts later someone said he saw (I can't remember whether in a video or convention) that when you drop into the water the character will throw away his equipment to be able to swim.

I wonder if there is a time limit on the amount time you have swimming in the water.......5 minutes should be enough to stop the campers rofl.gif

lol - by the looks of it you dont keep your weapon (if i recall there was something said that all weapons and items are dropped when you get into the water), so they can camp there if they want... they just cant shoot... they're sitting ducks, pardon the pun tounge2.gif

Regarding swimming and equipment - in whatever thread it was where Placebo made his 'Never say never' post, if I remember correctly, a few posts later someone said he saw (I can't remember whether in a video or convention) that when you drop into the water the character will throw away his equipment to be able to swim.

That's a good move. Hopefully that will allow for a little bit faster front stroke swim if you hold down the sprint button. biggrin_o.gif

House destruction

Heli flying

Evasive rolling

Swimming

Edit : Found them on www.pcgames.de

In the heli flying video around the 5 second mark you can see what the borders gonna look like. Pretty cool wink_o.gif

I feel kind of dumb now. I was sitting there looking at the double fence along the water going.... I wonder why that is there but now I know.

We heard that if you hit the water, you loose equipment and weapon. So basically, when you swim out you're a "civilian" aka sitting duck wink_o.gif

Destroyable buildings: the one in the video is "non-entrable" so i think they'll make buildings destroyable only if they are "boxy objects". I might add again that animation is way too fast and more smoke should appear.