Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

I would like to say one thing that's bugging me!

notice the wheels on this picture:

img]http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/552/bisxr2.jpg[/img]

and notice the real life wheels of M84AB-1 (havy upgraded T-72M):

img]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6376/m8402bk5.jpg[/img]

BIS model has somehow "deeper" wheel, see any difference?. It catches my eye instantly.

I hope BIS will fix it  smile_o.gif .

Im positive that Jugslavians changed wheels too when upgraded from T72 to M84...

[im]http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/552/bisxr2.jpg[/img]

[im]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6376/m8402bk5.jpg[/img]

BIS model has somehow "deeper" wheel, see any difference?. It catches my eye instantly.

I hope BIS will fix it smile_o.gif .

Sry, but.... are you serious? tounge2.gif That half inch too much is the very last thing of interest, I ( ! ) think.

But the eye-thing I notized too. Its like the two eyes are aiming in two different directions. Slightly right and slightly left.

Anyway, love the latest screens.

PS: I hope my english is understandable. ^^

exactly.... god guys, if thats how much you are going to nitpick it then you really too much time on your hands

Radnik alo!

Wheels are the least of the problem with the current model. Few pages back i wrote down some of the issues, quote:

Quote[/b] ]

Btw, we checked the new official T72 shots: my mil-freak expert relative confirms what we were suspecting before: turret of T72 is a bit too wide, utility boxes above tracks are not right and angle of the body in front is too steep + some minor diffs. But otherwise, it looks remarkable ... for non-military-freak guy

p><p>I hope BIS will fix it  [img]<a href=http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/smile_o.gif' alt='smile_o.gif'> .

Yeah thats really bugging me to, especially when I have a few M1's infront of me I'll notice it more then ever checking to see that my wheels are slightly to deep crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

p><p>I hope BIS will fix it [img]<a href=http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/smile_o.gif' alt='smile_o.gif'> .

they look the same to me wink_o.gif

I don't get the endless whining about the shape of a T72, the use of USMC vehicles or the number of fingers on a hand.

And i dont get bashing ppl just because they said that something in game is not right in their humble opinion.

No need to attack me, ive already decided to buy this game, im just sharing my observation and If you dont agree with me just post something like " i dint noticed that, hands looks fine to me" like ofpforum did instead calling someone a whiner.

Reread what I wrote, I didn't bash you or call you a whiner. >sad_o.gif

I just said I didn't understand you.

Quote[/b] ]Oh c'mon, Its not like we were whining, just saying it looked funny, theres a clear line between whining and having a laugh!

I wasn't saying that everyone was whining hence why in the paragraph before the sentence you quoted I distinguished between the two groups smile_o.gif You can't deny however that there are plenty of people whining about incredibly minor issues and it was them I referenced wink_o.gif

I'm seriously worried about how opfor soldiers look in some latest screenshots. The NATO body armor issue has been mentioned before, i'm not a hardcore realism fan so I can live with that. But look at their FACES! They look like they've been drinking for a month before they got bundled into urals and brought to fight capitalist opressors. and the EYES! It seems these soldiers came straight form the 9th circle of hell. If anyone was still in question who the bad guys are these latest screenshots should leave noone doubting. Most of BIS forum dwellers probably don't care about this cause they'll be playing for US forces mostly, but i'm going to play as North Sahrani and current quality of NS soldier models is unsatisfactory.

Yes im fearing the same, so far they all look same no matter what weapon they carry.

BUT i still have hope seeing that BIS still works on the models when they added the new chinstrap and helmet internals.

So i hope and believe that the final things they will do is finalize all units and by that add a bit variety on the Norths side aswell.

Im sure they also will get their special forces.

p><p>I hope BIS will fix it [img]<a href=http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/smile_o.gif' alt='smile_o.gif'> .

Yeah thats really bugging me to, especially when I have a few M1's infront of me I'll notice it more then ever checking to see that my wheels are slightly to deep crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

HAHAHA

rofl.gif

Ddint when OFP was first released all the soliders looked the same plus with some bugs... ALL GAMES ARNT PERFECT WHEN FIRST RELEASED!

Radnik alo!

Wheels are the least of the problem with the current model. Few pages back i wrote down some of the issues, quote:

Quote[/b] ]

Btw, we checked the new official T72 shots: my mil-freak expert relative confirms what we were suspecting before: turret of T72 is a bit too wide, utility boxes above tracks are not right and angle of the body in front is too steep + some minor diffs. But otherwise, it looks remarkable ... for non-military-freak guy

Sorry, but there are more important things on the world

also there are more important things to do in ArmA icon_rolleyes.gif

buy vbs2 then you can cry the whole day for such little things

icon_rolleyes.gif

You either do it right and call it "mil-sim" or you do it to satisfy little 1337 gamers and call it a "game" wink_o.gif anyway, I can live without it, maybe even give it up on the deeper t72 wheels biggrin_o.gif if devs can fix some stuff mentioned on these forums and that wouldn't take them more than few hours, we would get more perfect product. Its in our nature to evolve, improve, make progress smile_o.gif

p.s. 13 years ago PC sims looked like this:

SEAL%20Team4.png

and yes, EA product smile_o.gif

I'm seriously worried about how opfor soldiers look in some latest screenshots. The NATO body armor issue has been mentioned before, i'm not a hardcore realism fan so I can live with that. But look at their FACES! They look like they've been drinking for a month before they got bundled into urals and brought to fight capitalist opressors. and the EYES! It seems these soldiers came straight form the 9th circle of hell. If anyone was still in question who the bad guys are these latest screenshots should leave noone doubting. Most of BIS forum dwellers probably don't care about this cause they'll be playing for US forces mostly, but i'm going to play as North Sahrani and current quality of NS soldier models is unsatisfactory.

Yes im fearing the same, so far they all look same no matter what weapon they carry.

BUT i still have hope seeing that BIS still works on the models when they added the new chinstrap and helmet internals.

So i hope and believe that the final things they will do is finalize all units and by that add a bit variety on the Norths side aswell.

I agree they look a bit spooky, kinda like zombies. Well who knows if they really are zombies, bis never said north sahrani people are normal help.gif

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/552/bisxr2.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6376/m8402bk5.jpg

I hope BIS will fix it smile_o.gif .

Wow now that was ridiculous! But I think you were kidding!

Quote[/b] ]I wasn't saying that everyone was whining hence why in the paragraph before the sentence you quoted I distinguished between the two groups smile_o.gif You can't deny however that there are plenty of people whining about incredibly minor issues and it was them I referenced wink_o.gif

Very true my friend.

@ Oct. 14 2006,13:25)]

I agree they look a bit spooky, kinda like zombies. Well who knows if they really are zombies, bis never said north sahrani people are normal help.gif

FInally home on a PC with more than a 56k modem i was able to check the new screens and dang what do i see, finalyl a new unit, a spetsnaz lookign special forces guy witha supressed AKS-74, sweet... still too similar to the other North soldiers but sweet smile_o.gif

lets see, to date that makes BI and now idea games that can't or dont want to tell us a thing about the demo. Someones really getting lazy... mad_o.gif

Real classy end line there.

BIS & IDEA are working flat out on finishing up ArmA for the announced first batch of release dates, when the game hits gold is about the time when we'll look into finalising the demo's content and schedule its release.

Working the hours they do I'm sure most of them are, when their work is done we'll be selling a few on Ebay to fund the new wheels for the T72's wink_o.gif

Does anyone know what the exact PC spec will be to run the game? I just watched the newly released video and noticed that there was a little slow down in some sequences. I wonder whats the spec of the computer they ran the demo on?