Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

It may look huge, but effect is what matters wink_o.gif

but... better find a big bush in ArmA that will cover you wink_o.gif

Theres looks differnt to that.. unless it was the angle

Actually we do need to cut down on the game because most peoples computers already are melting while testing the preview version.

Well why.. BF2/BF2142 dont get cut down..

myabe its time for all these people to save up for some upgrades to there computers.. the world is changing and so are computer games.. more and more games are getting better GFX! so i think its time people change with it instead of sitting in neutral gear. If they cant handle ArmA how they going to handle future games for that matter like Quake Wars for example.. it has UBER 10x more gfx effect than ArmA.. i bet they wont down grade tht.. lol

I bet people dont really wana be in neutral gear so get into fifth gear or something and move with the flow.

i dont play other games then OFP, so i will not play other game then OFP and ARMA, maybe ARMA only.

i will buy an upgrade for ARMA only crazy_o.gif (call me crazy or what ever..)

but we got some decent pics from that specs in the last preview. smile_o.gif

i dont play other games then OFP, so i will not play other game then OFP and ARMA, maybe ARMA only.

i will buy an upgrade for ARMA only   crazy_o.gif (call me crazy or what ever..)

but we got some decent pics from that specs in the last preview.  smile_o.gif

You're not the only one. Had to install Planetside into my computer though...a friend who moved to another city thought it was the best way to 'communicate'...lol (he doesn't have patience for OFP1).

Actually we do need to cut down on the game because most peoples computers already are melting while testing the preview version.

You don't need to CUT DOWN ON THE GAME, just add the option of playing with less detail.

Exactly. By the way, the engine can handle at least 100 tanks fighting in the same time each other, so why would a little finger anim melt the CPU? welcome.gif I'd really hope to have finger anim(and different weapon-holding anim for each weapon) and propably BIS will make 'em. tounge2.gif

Well why.. BF2/BF2142 dont get cut down..

myabe its time for all these people to save up for some upgrades to there computers.. the world is changing and so are computer games.. more and more games are getting better GFX! so i think its time people change with it instead of sitting in neutral gear. If they cant handle ArmA how they going to handle future games for that matter like Quake Wars for example.. it has UBER 10x more gfx effect than ArmA.. i bet they wont down grade tht.. lol

I bet people dont really wana be in neutral gear so get into fifth gear or something and move with the flow.

True but remember bf2 was mostly about graphics,same old engine used in bfv with a slight maybe 1 or 2 additional change,otherwise same old stuff,however the map size is a blackhead on a face when compared AA's island. As far as the animations go,no there is no finger trigger in bf2,and I was wrong about AH-1Z tail rotor,its correct,I was lookin at somethin else ><.

But yes I must agree with this dumbing down bs,why go backwards when all the people with lower PC's (I probably included) could simply turn down the graphics,so you don't get to play the game as you see it in screenshots,you still get to play it,or is it the grahpics you are after? If that be the case,this game is not for you.

But what I want most is being able to fart...and then I want other units around me to make a silly face when they smell my fart...

notworthy.gif

Game 2 maybe? rofl.gif

Is it just me, or is there a feeling of desperation on these forums lately? lotsa snarling going on..

IMOH, would it be nice and immersive to see my buddys finger squeezing off some rounds? You bet ya. Will it stop me from buying? Or want BIS to take more time to enact it? No way. I'm having a VERY difficult time being patient as it is with a known deadline banghead.gif

Noone needs a friggin finger animation, you won't even notice except if you stare at the hands of everyone. It's one of these little things with which you can ruin immersion for yourself if you keep focusing on it. It's not exactly in your face all the time that the guy doesn't squeez the trigger with his finger, you have to go out of your way to notice it. I'd rather have the animators and modellers spend their valuable time on something useful. Like maybe a different/slower reload anims for squad automatic weapons, or anims for the weapons themselves, like detachable magazines and stuff.

Animating fingers is pretty low on the list of priorities don't you think?

Well, the things you mentioned are totally out of the context. This isn't a shoelace simulator. It's a battle simulator. I'd say that triggerfinger is a pretty big part of the whole "shooting thing".

You don't even need to animate it on ALL the models. Maybe only the players' and/or the AI's close to player.

Because when you move around on the battlefield, without being in a firefight, such things would be noticed and would look good, but in a firefight you're either busy shooting or you are stupid enough to be looking around to see the others trigger-finger move...if the latter, you deserve being killed while looking for something that isn't in the game icon_rolleyes.gif If we're going to have trigger-finger moving, why not add shoelaces moving...and the ability to tie them properly...what about a watch on most units...that works. Eyelashes moving in the wind? Lets animate units package (read...umm...penis whistle.gif ) moving while running. On female models, how about their breasts moving up and down while running? Now in these bling-bling times, how about having big fake diamond rings on some civilians? But what I want most is being able to fart...and then I want other units around me to make a silly face when they smell my fart...

Shoelaces could hook themself onto something and you could trip...if you tied you shoelaces bad you could lose your shoe during combat. Those are more important than a triggerfinger moving or not. But do we need them? No. Will we notice the them missing? In most situations, no. Is it worth waiting longer for the game just to have these features? No. Of course, the ability to let a smelly fart loose in a truck with all your mates during a MP game would be rather funny, but I don't want BIS spening time to implement it. I could come up with a rather long list of things that would be more useful than a triggerfinger animation, but that still doesn't really add too much to the game, except in certain situations.

Animating fingers is pretty low on the list of priorities don't you think?

To me it seems every second movie nowadays has some Matrix-like slow-motion effects, e.g. of someone squeezing the trigger - I think for ArmA it would only be useful in cutscenes as well; certainly low priority...

Higher view distances are mostly benefical to fast moving and/or high flying air units.

if you wear your battledress properly your shoelaces shouldn't even be seen, they should be tucked up in to your socks and held in with trouser bungees, and before you ask no i dont think they should model that. as for view distance i think the further the better for aircraft, especially those that loiter waiting for a fire order. i think looking down from way up high watching plumes of smoke would be cool, then you get the order to hit a laser target from way up biggrin_o.gif

For me it would be pretty stupid to implement such a crappy animation that you can't even use for anything, and you won't notice it in a firefight anyhow... What use is it for?

I agree! BIS should remove other useless animations, like steering wheel movement, wheel movement on vehicles, water wave effects, tree movements (did fine in OFP) and leg animations. Hell, we can run like Gumby, right guys? Its not a simulation or anything...

Edit:/sarcasm...for the few

But the things you mention adds to the gameplay. Things like water wave effects and tree movements add alot to the gameplay. You are probably not able to understand this, though.

Let's make a petition asking BIS NOT to have an anitmated triggerfinger smile_o.gif

How would it work anyway? It's not like you can press easily on your mouse, so it would be a 2-frame animation... Either you pull or not or else it won't be in sync with the weapon... That would be pretty stupid smile_o.gif

IMHO an animated triggerfinger is the most stupid sugestion ive seen on this forum yet smile_o.gif

Well, second... right after pink elephants

Guest Ti0n3r

A "pulling the trigger" animation is the most logical thing in the world to me, since there's already one for when in "safe mode" or whatever ya wanna call it crazy_o.gif

I personally don't think I could live without a trigger finger animation. In fact, if there isn't one in the game, I am not going to buy it.

<span style='color:white'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>That was me being sarcastic, by the way.</span></span>

Let's start the Social Trigger Finger Union! Ironically, the abbreviation pretty much sums up what I think about people whining about these things. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]IMHO an animated triggerfinger is the most stupid sugestion ive seen on this forum yet smile_o.gif

Dont tell bis that cause its already in there wink_o.gif.

Technically you can already animate the trigger finger in OFP, it works nicely too, only sometimes you get problems with certian animations causing the finger to stretch awkwardly.

welcome.gif

We can animate fingers in OPF.I dont see a problem there.But the question is "Do you need it?" "Steve!!!, i just soo OPF model with finger animation on 200 m distance!,I soo how he puled the triger."

I personally don't think I could live without a trigger finger animation. In fact, if there isn't one in the game, I am not going to buy it.

<span style='color:white'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>That was me being sarcastic, by the way.</span></span>

I second that! No one buy ArmA unless it has trigger finger animation!!! Cause when you are in the heat of battle you really need to watch your finger when you shoot just to make sure your finger is working!

IMHO an animated triggerfinger is the most stupid sugestion ive seen on this forum yet smile_o.gif

Well, you haven`t seen the request for "a*s scratching anim" then...

It`s quite logical thing, even more logical than insects on the island, but It`s not necessary, that`s all...I`mt talking about the animated finger of course...

Well, you haven`t seen the request for "a*s scratching anim" then...

It`s quite logical thing, even more logical than insects on the island, but It`s not necessary, that`s all...I`mt talking about the animated finger of course...

i have to disagree with Espectro,

some simple effects will be in and why not a simple anim like the finger?

Its preaty logical they will add it in the final version.

Finger anim will help the game to be even more realistic. (believe it or not, use your imagination)

After all we are talking about ARMED ASSAULT from the year 2006/2007 and not a game from the year 1998.

I believe the anim will be in, makes all sense the anim be in. thumbs-up.gif

Doesn't make much sence to me...and a finger animation will make the game more realistic, but I highly doubt people will notice it unless it's used in a cutscene, therefor it won't matter if there is no finger animation in there. In the 5 years I've played OFP, I've never, not once, thought about "damn, it would be cool if the units had a finger animation when shooting"...

The way the hand is in OFP is more blur cause the hand/finger is ready in the trigger.

Now in ARMA you can especific see the finger paralel to the gun, ready to compress and hit the trigger.

If BIS use the finger extended in arma they must do a anim. It will be very strange if they dont do the anim as we can see in the animation video. (it would be a step negative to the image of the game)

Else BIS could use the same old OFP position of the finger/hand.

Isn't it obvious? People in ArmA world are Jedi/Sith, they use the force to pull the trigger, just like Force Steering Wheel and Force Vertical Weapon Movement, Force Reload Magazine, Force Diagonal Uphill Speed, Force Eject Trough Helo Rotors, etc.

Be fu**ing reasonable, only thing I haven't heard being "demanded" from BIS is world peace and whatnot.

Sure, it's a small thing. Sure, it might be obvious in a cutscene or when playing around the editor. But it definatley won't be obvious during 98% of the game, and that is during combat. I wonder how you people still play OFP, being such royal whiners. Oh wait, you don't, you photograph the pretty addons and "demand" demos and game when it isn't even finished yet.

mad_o.gif