Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

A starplayer in a soccer team and the coach don't have to exchange any words. 5 minutes before the game start a simple 'Well, now it is up to you' from the coach to the starplayer will suffice.

Lesser players worry weeks in advance if and how they will play in the team and the coach will say a lot of things to those players.

'Our' 'relation' with BIS is like the relation of the starplayer with his coach. It is a relation build on trust. A 'its ready when its ready will suffice':)

Let the outside enjoy the previews and stuff. As soon as the game really starts (with the release in Germany i suppose) it is finally up to us:)

Go, BIS, go (and soon Go, community, go:)

What a stupid idea ! That exactly the contrary that happend during a match. Behind all victories there is a lot of concertation and tactics. Because the community will represent an importent part of the game success its very important that communication between us and BIS work. We need words ! Especially for addons makers.

To be fair to BIS it must a bit of a nightmare trying to deal with invidual publishers across all territories.

It's not really a devs responsability to keep consumers informed; that's what publishers are for - organising press releases and so-forth.

I guess the trouble with having many country specific publishers is that they operate different protocols. The German publisher might be very open, letting people play a beta version of ArmA whilst the Polish publisher might be very secrative and keep things under wraps.

It's a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing and is to be expected when you don't have the cohesion that is afforded by a a solitary global publisher.

Besides, seasoned OFP players will soon be playing ArmA and we can expect some detailed and constructive opinions in November.

What a stupid idea ! That exactly the contrary that happend during a match. Behind all victories there is a lot of concertation and tactics. Because the community will represent an importent part of the game success its very important that communication between us and BIS work. We need words ! Especially for addons makers.

For every victory there is a defeat. You seem to forget that important aspect of a game. Now, you won't deny the fact that also the losers DID have a tactic.

Tactics is bollocks:)

A starplayer doesn't need tactic explained to him. He IS tactic.

BIS doesn't have to be told what a good ArmA is. If that were the case i would lose faith in the product the very minute.

For the life of me, I dont understand why AA hasn't been picked up by a major publisher. Saw a top 100 list of games based on SALES for the last 6 years.. OFP was in there (unfortunately I have forgotten/misplaced the link).

I guess the name "Flashpoint", still owned by Codemasters, might have made a difference.

Also, major gaming news hubs, ie bluesnews - AA never gets a mention. Is no one submitting news to them?

I think they just don't want the incomplete version to leak and they don't trust that people who know a lot about modding OFP (thus the exact same friggin engine) and are active parts of the community could keep themselves from spreading the preview version.

Would be hillarious if i could DL the games convention version from OFP.info. :P

would be great fun and intresting to test the GC version even if its not as perfect as the full game will be. smile_o.gif

Dunno doesn't ofp.info host the original ofp and res demos? tounge2.gif

so wouldn't be that strange that they would host arma demo, even though i think their servers would get killed by the onslaught of ofp fans downloading yay.gifbiggrin_o.gif

i submited some news from time to time to a swedish games site www.fz.se and they sometimes even posted some of the news on their main page. Lately so much has happened with screens and videos i haven't keept up with the flow. tounge2.gif

I got a little bored so I spent some time in PS tweaking arma screenies...

original: http://www.coop-center.de/site/uploads/newspics/AA190906pic33.jpg

modified: http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2961/1copyis4.jpg

What bothered me about this pic was firstly the skintone. It is way too pinkish, and has no yellowish shades so it looks very unnatural. I just modified the hue a little and slightly raised saturation.

The skin textures look too pink in all ArmA screenshots, I hope this is fixed before release...

Secondly, the AK looks like it's made of grey plastic, so I upped the contrast and darkened/shaded it a little to make it look more metallic.

I think simple texture improvements like this would improve ArmA's graphics by far.

original: http://www.coop-center.de/site/uploads/newspics/AA190906pic39.jpg

modified: http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7421/2copygn7.jpg

The black and white nights don't really look too realistic, especially when lit up things are still almost black and white :s

In this pic I raised the contrast and saturation, slightly coloured the sky and terrain, and also added a surrounding glow to the taillights.

Some small tweaks like this would make Arma look much better IMO. It would be nice if such small parts of the original game didn't need to be modded.

whistle.gif

Can't really argue with the change in both pics,but the second has the best change for sure. I'm a bit confused..lights in OFP:E reflect light off their surfaces on some but not the vehicles lights..I wonder if it has to do with a static object or something,but the flares do that as well. Its strange..but if the game looked like the second thats the biggest complaint I have,yet night is gray shaded in real life but usually it looks moreso exactly like that with the lights and so on,how dark the unlit objects are and how darker the sky is,it seems much more like night now,you can still see some things but in a much more realistic way,if BIS can't make Armed Assault look like this somehow I hope they pull it off with Game2.

Refering to the modified night pic above. It is possible to post process the game via the graphics card drivers. Things can be improved by fiddling with the gamma/contrast/digital vibrance colour correction settings.

I'm a bit amused that anyone with an Arma website - no matter if its a site nobody's heard of run by people nobody's heard of - can get a demo of the game but all of the mod teams who have kept OFP alive all these years have yet to see anything.

Actually you'll find that's not correct, the only people who can get the press version of ArmA are press (clue is in the name of the version wink_o.gif) the fact that a couple of fansites got their hands on the press version of ArmA was completely out of BIS' control, completely outside BIS' consent and I have been working since GC to clean up the mess and to try to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I have been working since GC to clean up the mess and to try to ensure it doesn't happen again.

So you're actually trying to prevent anyone from getting your own product? Don't let your boss find out! tounge2.gif

No we're trying to ensure that the press version isn't distributed again to non-press pistols.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have been working since GC to clean up the mess and to try to ensure it doesn't happen again.

so you didnt mind the fact it happened at E3 ?

is that to say it was good that U.S got a hold of it and it created some publicity, but you dont want europeans doing the same?

i only ask because you havent mentioned the fansites that got it after e3 or answered the questions arising from it, but now it seems to be big problem in europe. Any chance of Bis making a proffesional eye view of it to recover some of the damage of these poor made videos in both quality and game play and information ?

(altho l`etranger didmake a couple of informative ones).

personally i feel for the pr team ,but it was always gonna happen

with many small publishers,just a shame we gotta watch the BF2 brigade and be all jealous smile_o.gif. wheres idea games in all this , aretey not now the people who deal with all this ?

And what about the public demo version ? You said that it was coming very soon ! But what do you mean by soon ? In term of hours ? days ? Weeks ? Why dont you reveal the release date of the demo version ?

And what about the public demo version ? You said that it was coming very soon ! But what do you mean by soon ? In term of hours ? days ? Weeks ? Why dont you reveal the release date of the demo version ?

remeber dont count on anything.. its all went balls up. i wonder who leaked the press demo then banghead.gif

i work for the press, really.. rofl.gif

why dont you and other people just wait till BIS says its going to be release instead of asking for it every other day, just chill and wait and do some other stuff

It does seem that we have got alot of pictures and videos from these un-officials though, guess their using it to promote their sites.

w/o some sort of online authorization system via master server , where reviewer (or other press guy) register his IP/machine/account and game validate this after starting

i doubt its possible to prevent leaks (even StarForce is crackable) ...

maybe use Steam for releasing press stuff wink_o.gif lol

Quote[/b] ]I have been working since GC to clean up the mess and to try to ensure it doesn't happen again.

so you didnt mind the fact it happened at E3 ?

Maybe selective memory, but what fansites got the E3 press version?

well to be honest , i cant see what that would achieve the horse as bolted so why bolt the stable ? ,if i was to start searching simhq etc

the big question was will bis be doing anything to counter these latest wank videos ,in way of a demo date or ingame video of the technology i mean actual game play footage that these poormans videos try to show but fail miserabley?

The bigger picture is that ,this is a taste of what it will be like when coutries are gonna get arma at a later date ,there will be spoilers and 1000, poorman reviews before alot of us even see the game in the store.of course this statement is made purely on the very scant info we are fed here.

to quote yourself

Quote[/b] ]The storyline is not to be discussed beyond the elements we cover in interviews, for the simple reason it's a story that should be discovered by the player as he plays it, not spoiled on some forum or website.

how do you inted to stop this ?

slightly offtopic but why do most of the screenshots of blackhawks show them as being shot down and in flames? is this a subtle wink_o.gif hint wink_o.gif for peeps to watch out for a big bad North Sahrani AA system thats gunna destroy us? pistols.gif

tounge2.gif

bootneckofficer