Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

t would be unrealistic to be able to change it at moments notice,

LoL. Remember MetalGear 3? Great game and camo concept, but the "being able to change your uniform at any time" feature was silly. Nice idea poorly executed.

"Poorly executed"? Perhaps in your opinion, which I respect, however this game has done tremendously well with fans, new-comers and the reviews and this is the first time ive really heard anyone say that the ability to change your camo was poorly done. What were they supposed to do? Have a whole sequence with Snake undressing, redressing and puting on his face paint? Imagine what impact on the gameplay this would have.

Nice idea poorly executed.

It's only poorly executed if you think that it's supposed to be realistic. Enjoying the MGS series requires a healthy dose of suspension of disbelief. I mean there's a guy that shoots bees out of his back. Bees!

I have shown some pics of ARMA to some people that don't know about OFP nor played it.

Their answer as: crazy_o.gif "Ewww those graphics.. are terrible... tremendus lack of anisotropic"

If BIS want to get more hearts then the core fans BIS need to do or show them more impressive stuff such as good videos/pics with good quality.

Only that way BIS can conquest their hearts in short time.

I have shown some pics of ARMA to some people that don't know about OFP nor played it.

Their answer as:  crazy_o.gif "Ewww those graphics.. are terrible... tremendus lack of anisotropic"

If BIS want to get more hearts then the core fans BIS need to do or show them more impressive stuff such as good videos/pics with good quality.

crazy_o.gif and there still your friends?

tounge2.gif really? i think the graphics are great, and besides "OFP was never about about graphics" - some smart OFP fan

"Ewww those graphics.. are terrible... tremendus lack of anisotropic"

That was my thought aswell before BIS started turning AA and AF on wink_o.gif

Although i knew it could be turned on and therefore didnt need to whine about it... whistle.gif

yeah i think they should defefinatly put in some way to change the soldier model you are playing as or change clothes or something like that. Would be kick ass! smile_o.gif im thinking cold war spy mission, switching mustashces and clothes and stuff between the objectives and stuff. Could make for some intresting game play.

yeah i think they should defefinatly put in some way to change the soldier model you are playing as or change clothes or something like that. Would be kick ass!  smile_o.gif im thinking cold war spy mission, switching mustashces and clothes and stuff between the objectives and stuff. Could make for some intresting game play.

its a soldier sim, not the sims confused_o.gif

Their answer as: crazy_o.gif "Ewww those graphics.. are terrible... tremendus lack of anisotropic"

Thats when you grab the frying pan and wack them upside the head and tell them the game is not all about graphics...or better yet just let them sit with their highly graphicated games,its not as if they would really appreciate what OFP or AA would have going for it. Most people these days care more for graphics over gameplay yes,but you can't really change their mind and in the end it will remain the same,they will gripe and whine over a slight imperfection on every single thing that they had nothing to do with in terms of creating. So lets consider this,we recruit a bunch of graphic freaks only to hear about it nonstop,they would probably beg or ask BIS to release a patch to make the gamer "look" better,the way I see is screw em,we don't really need people like that. If the community wants to make addons of higher quality then there is nothing wrong with that,thats made by us.

yeah i think they should defefinatly put in some way to change the soldier model you are playing as or change clothes or something like that. Would be kick ass! smile_o.gif im thinking cold war spy mission, switching mustashces and clothes and stuff between the objectives and stuff. Could make for some intresting game play.

its a soldier sim, not the sims confused_o.gif

+1

LoL.  Remember MetalGear 3?  Great game and camo concept, but the "being able to change your uniform at any time" feature was silly.  Nice idea poorly executed.

"Poorly executed"? Perhaps in your opinion, which I respect, however this game has done tremendously well with fans, new-comers and the reviews and this is the first time ive really heard anyone say that the ability to change your camo was poorly done. What were they supposed to do? Have a whole sequence with Snake undressing, redressing and puting on his face paint? Imagine what impact on the gameplay this would have.

No no no.  I love the metal gear saga.  

What i mean by "poorly done" is the 'instantly swapping camo in the heat of battle' thing (also the healing wounds trick; fantastic idea, but too quick).  

I don't think the whole world should have been put on pause while you rub off your old face paint, put new paint on, take your cloths off, put new ones on, then carry on with the fight.  I think you should have to runa away, put on the best suited camo for the ocasion then run back to the fight. thats all.

I hope the camo in ArmA is fixed, just like in OFP.  as long its as realistic as possible it wont bother me (or others, i'd emagine.)

I'm just thinking how much better Arma will look once the ofp community starts releasing total conversions like FFUR. I can imagine the changes will be even bigger than in OFP due to the heavily increased script commands and hopefully better scripts processing...

omg nice site will all screens of the vehicles! smile_o.gif

hope they put up some weapons too biggrin_o.gif

just i hope there will be at least one east little boat tounge2.gif

they can't fight of coast guard ships with a zodiac? crazy_o.gif

damn checking through the screens, got me thinking these dudes made some really in deepth arma covering biggrin_o.gif

omg nice site will all screens of the vehicles!  smile_o.gif

hope they put up some weapons too  biggrin_o.gif

just i hope there will be at least one east little boat  tounge2.gif

they can't fight of coast guard ships with a zodiac?  crazy_o.gif

damn checking through the screens, got me thinking these dudes made some really in deepth arma covering  biggrin_o.gif

Why would they be fighting coast guard ships? huh.gif

BUZZARD @ Sep. 12 2006,20:40)]Where's the A-10... but more importantly, WHERE IS THE CIVILIAN CESSNA?!?  huh.gif  crazy_o.gif

No A10 in ArmA. Only a Harrier.

BUZZARD @ Sep. 13 2006,01:40)]Where's the A-10... but more importantly, WHERE IS THE CIVILIAN CESSNA?!?  huh.gif  crazy_o.gif

The press demo at GC is not the final product, BIS had another 3 months to work on ArmA till the planned release dates.

No Hind  sad_o.gif

Hoping they still add it. Same with a bradley but I am glad to see that the tractor is back.

Not sure if you didn't notice buta bout the the hind...there are no east vehicles,or I'm looking on the wrong page,all I see are west.

Nevermind,I'm just a dumbass that missed the words to the left saying "east,west,civilian,resistance" banghead.gif

Mmm...I wouldn't think the game is done for some reason really,I mean yes the east has T-72's and no doubt a good number but it seems that the US has more of the anti vehicle weaponry,east has virtually no boat balance whatsoever in a way they kind of um..yes I can understand their numbers are supposed to balance but its just kind of oddish..that and south sahrani forces has only one armored vehicle and three car tyes for drive by shootings and whatnot,from what I heard they are supposed to have older US equipment so I'm wondering if were gonna see an M60A1 or M60A3..time will tell I guess,and if not then the community can always intervene,just looking at the lighting you can see that AA graphicwise has alot that OFP doesn't,specular maps for one and normal for the other,so there won't be as much need in making some parts actual faces sooo yeah.

Though I honestly wonder why it is that they took images of the vehicles from such a distance so that you don't really see the finer details.

I definitely like what I see so far, though I do hope there will be a few more vehicles added - I definitely feel that the South should have a MBT, like the Patton. And I think the North should have some more boats, so yeah, basically just echoing what everyone else is saying. But I am confident that there will be new models by release - I mean, as far as I know we haven't seen the seperate Crew and Pilot models yet so...

I think there's great mod potential though - especially considering that the Resistance side (South) is a professional army unlike the FIA so we can really flesh out its military.

Just out of interest, I seem to remember rumours talking about both North and South Sahrani having "Partisan" units - anyone else know anything about this?